Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really Rare Footage!
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Documentaries
Meikkuli
Sorry if this has been posted before, but it is too delicious for anyone to miss:

http://www.dhmmarilyncollection.com/footage.html

thumbup1.gif
Tara
Yes, it's wonderful. Thanks!
Nina
It's really wonderful thumbup1.gif and she always looked great - even playing golf!

Btw, what do you think about Jeanne Carmen's words that she wanted to play golf with her the day after she died? If I remember right, Marilyn was also playing golf in canada (during the filming of RONR). With this footage, we have still two different places seeing her playing golf... it was just a thought (I'm not a fan JC btw *lol*)

However, thanks for sharing the link Meikkuli! marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Celia
My God, that ´s a treasure!!! Thanks a lot for sharing it!
Does this website belong to the Daughter of Marilyn´s friend Dolores? Or is it the actual Dolores?
Tara
Dolores is the daughter of Marilyn's friends, Vic (known as Chic) and Marguerite Masi. They already knew Joe when he started dating Marilyn. Chic taught Marilyn how to rollerskate for 'Monkey Business'. He also worked as a chef in Frank Sinatra's LA restaurant, Puccini's. After Joe and Marilyn married, they spent a lot of time at the Masi's home in Sherman Oaks, and even had their own room. They were free from press attention there, and Marilyn loved to play with Dolores, who was just a little girl. The Masis also knew Bob Hope and his wife, who Dolores is named after. When Marilyn went to Korea, Chic made the arrangements and accompanied her there. So the commonly accepted idea that Joe disapproved of her singing to the troops is untrue. When the DiMaggios divorced, Marilyn lost touch with the Masis.
Celia
QUOTE(Tara @ Feb 15 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]98656[/snapback]
Dolores is the daughter of Marilyn's friends, Vic (known as Chic) and Marguerite Masi. They already knew Joe when he started dating Marilyn. Chic taught Marilyn how to rollerskate for 'Monkey Business'. He also worked as a chef in Frank Sinatra's LA restaurant, Puccini's. After Joe and Marilyn married, they spent a lot of time at the Masi's home in Sherman Oaks, and even had their own room. They were free from press attention there, and Marilyn loved to play with Dolores, who was just a little girl. The Masis also knew Bob Hope and his wife, who Dolores is named after. When Marilyn went to Korea, Chic made the arrangements and accompanied her there. So the commonly accepted idea that Joe disapproved of her singing to the troops is untrue. When the DiMaggios divorced, Marilyn lost touch with the Masis.

Thanks a lot for the info Tara biggrin.gif
emelie
thumbup1.gif
wombat
Tara wrote:

> When Marilyn went to Korea, Chic made the arrangements and accompanied her there. So the commonly accepted idea that Joe disapproved of her singing to the troops is untrue.

Memo to Vic Masi: if you're gonna lie, make sure there's no hardcore proof that PROVES YOU'RE A LIER!

He DID NOT arrange the Korea trip, the Dept. of Defense did -- it was done after General Christenberry asked her to go while she, Joe and he were en route to Tokyo (it's in "My Story")! And he sure as hell DID NOT accompany her -- Lefty O'Doul's wife did! There is ZERO footage of anyone else with Marilyn there, and biographers ID NO ONE ELSE BUT MRS. O'DOUL with Marilyn! In fact, the Japan trip was to be a baseball tour with Joe and his mentor Lefty O'Doul!

It's the Vic Masis of the world - making outrageous claims YEARS after Marilyn is conveniently unavailabe to confirm - that piss me off! Worse, they can get away with it because these so-called journalists are too freakin' lazy to do their homework! angry.gif
Tara
Thanks for your info Lisa. The footage is nice though...

Regarding Jeanne Carmen's claim about planning to play golf with Marilyn the day after she died, I see no reason to believe it. Marilyn played golf with Joe when they were together, but there is no evidence of her playing after that. Although the footage shows she was pretty good, I think it was just something she did with Joe.
emelie
clapping.gif First I just took a fast look, but know when I look at it again I notice all the new pics and jewellery!! thankyou very much!! jumpymm.gif
wombat
QUOTE(Tara @ Jun 8 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]106836[/snapback]
Thanks for your info Lisa. The footage is nice though...

Regarding Jeanne Carmen's claim about planning to play golf with Marilyn the day after she died, I see no reason to believe it. Marilyn played golf with Joe when they were together, but there is no evidence of her playing after that. Although the footage shows she was pretty good, I think it was just something she did with Joe.

i wouldn't trust that ho as far as i could throw her! after my rant, it occured to me that masi's daughter makes the claims about her dad and the korea trip! the fact she thinks Jeanne Carmen is credible, well, make of that what you will! eyebrow.gif

i do remember reading that marilyn mentioned joe buying her a set of clubs and teaching her how to play, but as you say i'm sure that's something she just did with Joe. thumbup1.gif
2Twinkle
QUOTE(Nina @ Feb 12 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]98469[/snapback]
It's really wonderful thumbup1.gif and she always looked great - even playing golf!

Btw, what do you think about Jeanne Carmen's words that she wanted to play golf with her the day after she died? If I remember right, Marilyn was also playing golf in canada (during the filming of RONR). With this footage, we have still two different places seeing her playing golf... it was just a thought (I'm not a fan JC btw *lol*)

However, thanks for sharing the link Meikkuli! marilynbybrandon_190.gif

Yes, the golf connection is important! clapping.gif bye1.gif
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(2Twinkle @ Jul 9 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]109215[/snapback]
Yes, the golf connection is important! clapping.gif bye1.gif

Daniel, you made me laugh! biggrin.gif I am catching on to your sense of humor is what it is...Lauren Michele.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.