Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prince And The Showgirl
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Tara
Hi all, I was very pleased to receive my copy of The Prince And The Showgirl, the screenplay by Terence Rattigan. It was released as a small paperback in 1957, and I was lucky enough to find a cheap copy on Ebay. There is a small photo section, however I don't want to scan it, as the book is old and delicate.

A great find if you're interested in scripts to MM movies ... jumpymm.gif
rose
QUOTE(Tara @ Jan 9 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]95980[/snapback]
Hi all, I was very pleased to receive my copy of The Prince And The Showgirl, the screenplay by Terence Rattigan. It was released as a small paperback in 1957, and I was lucky enough to find a cheap copy on Ebay. There is a small photo section, however I don't want to scan it, as the book is old and delicate.

A great find if you're interested in scripts to MM movies ... jumpymm.gif

I'm very happy for you,Tara,it really is a wonderful and I think Marilyn never looked more lovelier than in this movie marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Tara
Thanks Rose - yes, Marilyn is truly lovely in this movie.
blondealways
I know this may be a silly question but is the book written like a novel or is it more like a screenplay? I have been searching for the script forever and i have seen this up for sale on ebay and amazon but would like to know how the format that its written in.
Alanma
The book is in full movie script format, complete with "stage" directions.
blondealways
QUOTE(Alanma @ Jun 6 2015, 03:49 AM) *
The book is in full movie script format, complete with "stage" directions.

Thank you! I actually got the book and love it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.