Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Still Alive That Might Know The Truth?
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's mysterious death > General discussion
KES
Having just read the Strange Death of Marilyn Monroe it got me thinking - who is there alive today that could know the truth about what happened to Marilyn
JFK , RFK, Peter Lawford, Dr Greenson, Eunice Murray are all gone
Is Pat Newcomb still alive
who else might their be and whenthey're all gone will the truth be revealed
I heard that Jackie Kennedy had a time capsule type dossier revealing who killed JFK and it will be opened 75 years after her death maybe she can shed some light rolleyes1.gif
suusmarie
Please read Donald Spoto´s account in his MM biography on the person Cappell, who was a avid Kennedy hater and did everything together with columnist Walter Winchell to put them in a bad light, in this case using Marilyn. His 'book' (some stapled papers actually) is not reliable at all!!
Spoto has a great chapter devoted to the scams and lies that came out in print surrounding MM´s death (Cappell, Mailer, Speriglio, Slatzer, Summers, Brown&Barham thumbdown.gif ), it will explain a lot and help you to find the most reliable sources to look for answers to your questions biggrin.gif .

hug.gif Suus
Robby
I thougt Hyman Engelberg is still alive.
Mandydolphin
As far as I know Pat Newcomb is still alive.
Tara
QUOTE(Mandydolphin @ Sep 22 2005, 05:06 PM) [snapback]88950[/snapback]
As far as I know Pat Newcomb is still alive.

Yes, I think Pat is still alive. But she never talks about Marilyn. I think Spoto may have interviewed her, but she didn't tell him much anyway.

As for the alleged Jackie Kennedy time capsule, it will be long after my time when that comes out ...

And I agree with Suus about Capell. Like many of the MM conspiracy theorists, he has a hidden agenda - to discredit the Kennedy family.
Dean
bye1.gif
QUOTE(Tara @ Sep 22 2005, 02:03 PM) [snapback]88954[/snapback]
Yes, I think Pat is still alive. But she never talks about Marilyn. I think Spoto may have interviewed her, but she didn't tell him much anyway..

Hi im new here i have always been facinated with the last day of Marilyn's life, i've seen many documentaries on the late stars life, but was not convinced that marilyn OD that night.

My suspicions lie with marilyns house keeper and spy unice murray, and i'am completly convinced that Pat newcomb has covered up alot about what happened that night, why is she not telling the truth about marilyn.

In Pat's interview with slatzer she told him ( quote - i was never marilyns best friend )
Tara
Patricia Kennedy, wife of Peter Lawford at the time Marilyn died, is still with us. She was close to Marilyn, maybe even more so than Peter was. Marilyn did not have many female friends, so she must have trusted her. If anyone knows the truth about Marilyn and the Kennedys, their sister might. But she doesn't talk to the press about either Marilyn or the Kennedys.
Lauren Michele
Not a friend or family member, but the former Los Angelos District Attorney Mike Carroll is and he isn't saying much at all. He did not offer any opinions. Just answered bluntley. Mr. Carroll was just interviewed on the 48 HOURS DOC. Mr. Carroll did say that Eunice Murray seemed as though she was hiding something when he got to Marilyn's home. .............Lauren Michele
That's about all he gave. Maybe she was just nervous.
marilyn79
I do not know what it it really passed this night there, but I think
that Pat Newcomb knows many things. I even think that she was here the
evening when Marilyn died. She was attached of press, she was
very close to Marilyn, practically lived in Marilyn'shome (she had spent the night
previously the death of Marilyn at this one). Personally, I think that
it is not clear, but she does not seem not decided to speak...
vfpbook
When we started our little investigation about Marilyn, five years ago, we talked with an important Hollywood producer. I prefer don't say the name, but he had his office in Santa Monica and he was very closed to Joe DiMaggio. He explained some interesting things, for exemple he told DiMaggio didn't believe in a Kennedy conspirancy.

This man was also very close friend of Pat Newcomb. He said she was still impressed with Marilyn's death, but she refused to talk with people about Marilyn. He also told us that Peter Lawford was always very drunk and he always refused to involved the Kennedys is Marilyn's death because they are innocent.

This producer only spoke an hour with Maite and me. He refused to talked again about Marilyn.
Tara
QUOTE(vfpbook @ Jun 15 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]107446[/snapback]
When we started our little investigation about Marilyn, five years ago, we talked with an important Hollywood producer. I prefer don't say the name, but he had his office in Santa Monica and he was very closed to Joe DiMaggio. He explained some interesting things, for exemple he told DiMaggio didn't believe in a Kennedy conspirancy.

This man was also very close friend of Pat Newcomb. He said she was still impressed with Marilyn's death, but she refused to talk with people about Marilyn. He also told us that Peter Lawford was always very drunk and he always refused to involved the Kennedys is Marilyn's death because they are innocent.

This producer only spoke an hour with Maite and me. He refused to talked again about Marilyn.

Very interesting, Victor. Thanks for sharing this with us and well said! clapping.gif
purple-haze
i just dont understand why all thoes people are not teling their side of the story... i would!

maybe because some a covering up and some would tell it bluntly, and they dont want to tget their stories mixed.... i duno something shady going on though, or they would all just say what they knew... with nothing to hide
Celia
Maybe they are not hiding anything, it´s just that they were stunned by Marilyn´s death.
She committed suicide and no one expected her to do it. Or they did?? We had a similar case in my family last year. An apparently nice , care-free 31 year old guy committed suicide. Not even his parents had any idea that he might have been going through such an awful path. these things happen unfortunately
Young
I think that they should speak up. At least, put some of these rumors to rest.
KES
QUOTE(vfpbook @ Jun 15 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]107446[/snapback]

What do you think he meant by 'very impressed with Marilyns death'?
Kes eyebrow.gif
Tara
I take it to mean she is still very saddened by it - depressed rather than impressed, perhaps. Marilyn's death has made a huge impact on Pat's life, because she lost her friend, but also she will forever be associated with Marilyn and those final years.
JanCollector
A lot of people. The point is that we may never know; if we do find out the truth, it will be when some FBI/CIA files are eventually declassified.
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(JanCollector @ Nov 7 2006, 12:04 AM) [snapback]119581[/snapback]
A lot of people. The point is that we may never know; if we do find out the truth, it will be when some FBI/CIA files are eventually declassified.

]

Yes, but wouldn't that be if she were murdered and it were a conspiracy? If it were suicide, would the FBI?CIA have anything declassified to be released? bye1.gif
jennie2000
Ok, so Jackie Kennedy had a time capsule dossier that will be opened 75 years after her death?
So where is it now?
With the Time Lords?
Gosh, see sense!
JanCollector
QUOTE(Lauren Michele @ Nov 7 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]119603[/snapback]
]
Yes, but wouldn't that be if she were murdered and it were a conspiracy? If it were suicide, would the FBI?CIA have anything declassified to be released? bye1.gif

If it were a suicide, it would have been cleared up long ago, there wouldn't have been 500+ books written about it and the toxicological reports from the autopsy would actually corroborate suicide by overdose, which they do not.

Also, since the FBI/CIA and God knows who else were bugging her home at the time of her death, yes, they should have files on that evening, and probably even tapes.
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(JanCollector @ Nov 7 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]119649[/snapback]
If it were a suicide, it would have been cleared up long ago, there wouldn't have been 500+ books written about it and the toxicological reports from the autopsy would actually corroborate suicide by overdose, which they do not.

Also, since the FBI/CIA and God knows who else were bugging her home at the time of her death, yes, they should have files on that evening, and probably even tapes.

THe bugging of her home. The public has a right to hear . They should have files you're right, but i have this feeling they are destroyed.
Maryleen_McBeat
QUOTE(marilyn79 @ Jun 8 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]106849[/snapback]
I do not know what it it really passed this night there, but I think
that Pat Newcomb knows many things. I even think that she was here the
evening when Marilyn died. She was attached of press, she was
very close to Marilyn, practically lived in Marilyn'shome (she had spent the night
previously the death of Marilyn at this one). Personally, I think that
it is not clear, but she does not seem not decided to speak...

You are right. I think that Pat Newcomb knows... and knows enough of information.
But if she doesn't speak, she is afraid of something and meanwhile, she arouses suspicion.
JanCollector
QUOTE(Maryleen_McBeat @ Nov 18 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]120247[/snapback]
You are right. I think that Pat Newcomb knows... and knows enough of information.
But if she doesn't speak, she is afraid of something and meanwhile, she arouses suspicion.

I wonder what Pat is doing these days. Honestly you never heard anything about her after the death.
Tara
Pat Newcomb returned to Los Angeles in the late 1960s, worked for Barbara Streisand, and was a vice-president at MGM for some years. She is married, and now in her 70s. She is sometimes mentioned in Liz Smith's column, as Liz is a friend of hers (also a fan of Marilyn.)
JanCollector
QUOTE(Tara @ Nov 18 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]120291[/snapback]
Pat Newcomb returned to Los Angeles in the late 1960s, worked for Barbara Streisand, and was a vice-president at MGM for some years. She is married, and now in her 70s. She is sometimes mentioned in Liz Smith's column, as Liz is a friend of hers (also a fan of Marilyn.)

Thanks for the info. I know Pat has told someone the truth. I hope she does the right thing and lets people know somehow.
Maryleen_McBeat
QUOTE(Tara @ Nov 18 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]120291[/snapback]

It was interesting to know. Thank you. thumbup1.gif
Joan Newman
QUOTE(KES @ Sep 21 2005, 09:47 AM) *
Having just read the Strange Death of Marilyn Monroe it got me thinking - who is there alive today that could know the truth about what happened to Marilyn
JFK , RFK, Peter Lawford, Dr Greenson, Eunice Murray are all gone
Is Pat Newcomb still alive
who else might their be and whenthey're all gone will the truth be revealed
I heard that Jackie Kennedy had a time capsule type dossier revealing who killed JFK and it will be opened 75 years after her death maybe she can shed some light rolleyes1.gif

I thought this was interesting.

A Marilyn Monroe time capsule will be buried in a secret location and will be unearthed on the 100th anniversary of her death.

The Lewiston Journal - Dec 16, 1987
Shine84
The thing about the sealed letters in interesting!
Margherita
[quote Nessie]I heard that Jackie Kennedy had a time capsule type dossier revealing who killed JFK and it will be opened 75 years after her death maybe she can shed some light [quote]

I read from a magazine around the time Jackie died in late 80's that she had said something like: "I know everything about the murder of JFK (and maybe things considering MM, too ?) - But they must not be revealed until everybody who was involved "has been dead for seventy years".

So if there is anybody still alive, having been involved, it goes way far......
mberton
The DD Group's book on Marilyn's death breaks down all the theories and facts of her final days. I found it fascinating and informative and think it is a must-read for anyone puzzled by Marilyn's untimely death. In the end I made the decision that Marilyn sadly overdosed accidentally by her own hand - I do not believe she intended to kill herself. I believe her doctors (Engelberg and Greenson) did not keep an adequate count of her pill prescriptions and she had access to more pills than was required for her sleep issues.
Mezzo
Just to throw a monkey wrench into the mix, I ran across this information today in the documentation of the court case MILTON GREENE ARCHIVES INC v. MARILYN MONROE LLC, Argued and Submitted Oct. 13, 2011. -- August 30, 2012, found online at http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1610741.html:

"Frosch had contemporaneous access to people knowledgeable about Monroe's intentions, including Ralph L. Roberts, her close friend and confidant and reportedly the last person to see her alive."

I have never before heard it stated or read that Ralph Roberts was the last person to see her alive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.