Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nivea Creme
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Picture Investigation
meganmarilyn
Hi guys. I came across this early ad without any background info. Can someone tell me what magazine & year the ad appeared with Norma Jeane? It looks circa 1947-48. Does anyone know if that pic in any way was connected with the 'Scudda Hoo' movie (since she's in a boat), promo or whatever?

Appreciate anything you can give. Thanxs.

I did a little searching and found some original Nivea Creme on ebay. Also found Nivea's website.

http://www.niveausa.com/frameset.php
http://www.superbrands-brands.com/volII/brand_nivea.htm
wootness
I always thought the picture was connected with Blue Book Agency.
meganmarilyn
Well, it is an advertisement for that particular creme. Whether or not Blue Book modeling agency is part of the ad, I have no idea.
Brigitte
Here is the boat scene from Scudda Hoo Scudda Hay which was cut from the film. It's not the same as your Nivea ad.Click to view attachment
jennie2000
I think the Nivea picture was taken around the same time, if not the same day, as this one. She's wearing the same bikini, and the girl on the left is in both pictures in the same bikini too. Also that thing they're holding, whatever it's called, isn't that what you throw to someone who falls off a boat? So I think it's a Blue Book pic from 1946, this one says by Jasgur. throb.gif Molly

Click to view attachment
Brigitte
Good research! I think you may be right! thumbup1.gif
meztisa
QUOTE(jennie2000 @ Jan 25 2007, 06:27 PM) [snapback]125981[/snapback]
I think the Nivea picture was taken around the same time, if not the same day, as this one. She's wearing the same bikini, and the girl on the left is in both pictures in the same bikini too. Also that thing they're holding, whatever it's called, isn't that what you throw to someone who falls off a boat? So I think it's a Blue Book pic from 1946, this one says by Jasgur. throb.gif Molly

Click to view attachment

A lifesaver, m'dear marilynbybrandon_190.gif
jennie2000
Thank you Felicia. I'm Swedish and I don't even know the swedish word for it blush.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.