Full Version: Khrushchev Visits Fox
Everlasting Star Community > Multimedia > Pictures > Public events / Paparazzi
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Harald Haefker
suusmarie
19 september 1959 at Fox´s Café De Paris biggrin.gif
ellen
I LOVE THAT DRESS jumpymm.gif clapping.gif she looks amazing

these are dated 1959 in the dress but is that the same dress from somethings gotta give?
Click to view attachment
roksana
MY SCAN
Mandydolphin
More
suusmarie
Arrival in LA for the Kruschev-party biggrin.gif
linkeando
eureka suus!!!! an old mistery solved thanx to you!!!!!
chris
Could you correct me if I'm wrong but the man who is near to Marilyn looks to George Cukor and the other to Josh Logan ( for this one I'm not sure)
Thanks for all the pictures
Chris

QUOTE(suusmarie @ Jun 25 2005, 01:39 AM)
19 september 1959 at Fox´s Café De Paris biggrin.gif
[snapback]81876[/snapback]
Stacy
You are right Chris, Marilyn sat next to George Cukor, Josh Logan and Billy Wilder at the party.
Great photos Suus. Dennis Stock took the first and last ones, do you think he took the three middle ones as well?!
chris
I would like to know if a pic with khruschev and marilyn together exists
Thanks
Chris
belka
bye1.gif
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
Celia
QUOTE(chris @ Oct 22 2005, 02:59 PM) [snapback]91046[/snapback]
I would like to know if a pic with khruschev and marilyn together exists
Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris, If I remember well there´s a photo of Kruschev and Marilyn where she´s wearing another dress,
the black dress she used when she left NY to shoot Bus Stop I think, where Haspiel took those photos of her
with a bunch of roses just outside the plane. BUt I can´t find it now, I have it somewhere but I don´t know where.
Does anybody know the pic I´m talking about? I think Kruschev is dressed in a military outfit.
If anybody has the pic , please , could you post it?
chris
I think that the picture that you are talking about is the picture with the Indonesian President, Mr Sukarno
I'll try to send it
Chris

Is it the picture that you are speaking about ?
Chris
doc_cmj
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Aug 9 2005, 03:00 AM) [snapback]85923[/snapback]
Arrival in LA for the Kruschev-party biggrin.gif

Suus, I never knew these were the pictures of the arrival to the party. So a mystery solved for me too. Thanks. clapping.gif Now I can put them in the right folder and thats just great. Chris
Celia
I´m sorry to answer so late, but yes Chris, that´s the photo I meant. Thanks a lot
Charli
QUOTE(ellen @ Jun 25 2005, 06:10 PM) [snapback]81882[/snapback]

these are dated 1959 in the dress but is that the same dress from somethings gotta give?
Click to view attachment

I have always wondered if Marilyn had borrowed this dress from the studio, and it just so happened that the costume designer wanted it for the film. blush.gif ...or maybe this was just a MAKE-UP TEST, where the clothes don't really matter!??????????
Celia
I don´t know with that specific dress Charli, but Marilyn sometimes used her own personal wardrobe
in her films and the opposite too. I tend to think that dress was hers, cause she wore it while she was
living in New York too. Wether it was going to be used in SGTG , I don´t know, but it wouldn´t be
strange.
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
zonk
Was Arthur Miller there too?
suusmarie
How I wished these weren´t watermarked rolleyes1.gif ....
belka
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Aug 28 2006, 06:43 AM) [snapback]113179[/snapback]
How I wished these weren´t watermarked rolleyes1.gif ....

Oh, what a wonderful find! w00t.gif Even with the watermarks they look great thumbup1.gif
Thanks again for all the stunning pics you share with us, Suus! worshippy.gif
nathalie
great pics, thanks.
SusenSkellington
Marilyn with Judy Garland mf_w00t1.gif I tried to clean it blush.gif

Click to view attachment
suusmarie
A job well done banana.gif clapping.gif !
Tara
Thanks to Suus and Susen for these gems! Great to see Judy with Marilyn there! marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Robby
Yes, thanks so much. I've never saw that particular photo. What a beauty.
nathalie
biggrin.gif
Stacy
mm

A postcard "spoofing" Khruschev's visit and meeting MM
suusmarie
Very funny laugh.gif !

Amber Nichols
I got a laugh out of that! mf_prop.gifI got a laugh out of that! mf_prop.gif
zarabell
QUOTE(Amber Nichols @ Sep 26 2007, 01:13 AM) *
I got a laugh out of that! mf_prop.gifI got a laugh out of that! mf_prop.gif

clapping.gif very good
jily
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
thanks for sharing
loved that postcard - banana.gif

coolio.gif
Jilly
pburghbob
QUOTE(Harald Haefker @ Jun 24 2005, 06:45 PM) *

Yes...very nice pictures. Were there any taken of Marilyn with Khruschev together at the event?
nzmermaid
That same dress I am sure, was in a scene of LML, I remember her sitting on a step ladder wearing it in a balcony set with Yves Montand. She was not as thin as the SGTG shot in the same dress. She also had the dress in her possesion when she died as it was sold at the Christies auction and is in the catalogue.
suusmarie
QUOTE(pburghbob @ Nov 21 2007, 03:57 PM) *
Yes...very nice pictures. Were there any taken of Marilyn with Khruschev together at the event?

I have never seen any which I always thought to be a little strange, there must have been photographers present I quess huh.gif
Young
This is the same dress from LML and SGTG. She wears it in the last scenes of the film. [When she finds out that Alex is really Clement.]
roksana
I`m not sure about the 2nd pic... unsure.gif
nathalie
coolio.gif
Monroestar
WOW - Thank you guys!
magda24
Hope it's the same event but with that dress I'm always careful:)
suusmarie
Great photo clapping.gif !
MissCaswell
Magda, that looks like Joshua Logan next to her. Could it be? I thought they didn't speak to each other after Bus Stop.
magda24
Yes, I think it's him. He can be spotted on some other pictures from this event as well. Were they speaking to each other?We don't know. Marilyn could have very well ignored him during the course of the evening. But I think they were polite to each other, as reasonable adults- there's a reason Logan always spoke only good things about her. She may have forgiven him, at least in the public.
LasseK
QUOTE(magda24 @ Jan 19 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Yes, I think it's him. He can be spotted on some other pictures from this event as well. Were they speaking to each other?We don't know. Marilyn could have very well ignored him during the course of the evening. But I think they were polite to each other, as reasonable adults- there's a reason Logan always spoke only good things about her. She may have forgiven him, at least in the public.

Forgiven him for having done what?

Lasse
magda24
QUOTE(LasseK @ Jan 19 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Forgiven him for having done what?

Lasse

Allegedly she became mad at him because she thought that he had cut the best part of her monologue in Bus Stop which, in her opinion, compromised her chances for receiving an Oscar nod. Logan always explained that it wasn't his choice to shorten this scene but the producers made him do it.
suusmarie
MM and Buddy Adler thumbup1.gif
LasseK
Recently found this one somewhere. Shot by Russian photographer "Egorov", or maybe you'd spell his name Yegorov in English.

Click to view attachment

Lasse
waif55
QUOTE(ellen @ Jun 25 2005, 12:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

She wore this dress dozens of times--including in Let's Make Love AND was ging to wear in again in SGTG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.