Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cecil Beaton
Everlasting Star Community > Multimedia > Pictures > Specific sessions > Photographers and Photoshoots
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
nathalie
You're welcome.
nathalie
bye1.gif
nathalie
bye1.gif
Nancy
I've just been browsing through this thread, and while I've always admired Beaton's Monroe, I never realized til now just how amazingly he captured her natural beauty! drool.gif
Marilyn-fan87
beautiful! photos! its breathtaking!!

dose sombody know what was Marilyn's favorite photo? it was from this photo session right?
Nancy
I believe it's the first one in your sig, if I'm not mistaken. biggrin.gif
nathalie
bye1.gif
Stacy
mm

I cleaned this up a bit. I also tried to make her eyes blue. I also added a b & w version. I love black and white.
Stacy
mm
Marilyn-fan87
QUOTE(jemaniac @ Apr 29 2007, 03:38 AM) *

oh really cool biggrin.gif
Stacy
mm
Blue_Sky
Here are some in better quality and in different sizes. Is the third one by Beaton? (I haven't seen it in this thread) balloon.gif throb.gif

Beaton's pictures are so lovely throb.gif balloon.gif
srepac
Click to view attachment
nathalie
With Beaton....
mauve
Thanks, Nathalie! New to me.
nathalie
You're welcome bye1.gif
nathalie
thumbup1.gif
nathalie
clapping.gif
bisbos
Wow nathalie!! I love Cecil Beaton!!! Thank you!!
nathalie
I'm glad you love it.
mmgirl
Does anybody know what Beaton said about Marilyn in his book The face of the world ? I read he said some very wonderful things about her
Stacy
Thanks so much Nathlie. Loved the article and pics. Just wonderful!
nathalie
You're welcome, Stacy.
nmyngan
mf_w00t1.gif i just checked this thread, so many wonderful pics, never seen mf_w00t1.gif
irenaris
balloon.gif
Blonde 007
QUOTE(Marilyn2Bonnie @ Oct 14 2005, 01:37 AM) *

So I know these were posted two years ago, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! It is lovely to see Mr. (Is he "Sir" - or "Lord"?) Beaton posing Marilyn! It's nice to see some of the "behind the scenes" and the two working together! clapping.gif

Allie
bisbos
balloon.gif
Click to view attachment
nathalie
clapping.gif
Stacy
mm

That proof sheet is awesome. I wish they were bigger. Maybe someday there will be a book published.
Joan Newman
QUOTE(chickeyonthego @ May 5 2008, 04:21 AM) *
mm

That proof sheet is awesome. I wish they were bigger. Maybe someday there will be a book published.

Awesome both of those proof sheets. Thanks.
Stacy
mm
nathalie
bye1.gif
Stacy
mm
bisbos
wonderful!!! Thank you Stacy!!! I love Beaton's photos !
lorelei
Click to view attachment
nicky62
Hers a poster for a 2005 exibition of C Beatons portarits found it in ebay nicky62 banana.gif
Stacy
mm

scan
Monroestar
Thank you so so much everyone!
Monroestar
QUOTE(nathalie @ Jun 3 2008, 05:29 PM) *
bye1.gif
What book was this taken from Nathalie?
QUOTE(jemaniac @ Apr 29 2007, 02:38 AM) *
Sig has changed I think - can you clarify? Thanks X
Nancy
QUOTE(Monroestar @ Sep 14 2008, 05:33 PM) *
What book was this taken from Nathalie?Sig has changed I think - can you clarify? Thanks X

Monroestar
Saved all the pics - thanks guys!
vintagesky
Hi everyone, jumpymm.gif I've been lurking for a while and although I don't have anything particularly new, I thought you might like these high-res proofs and portraits which I scanned from the book "Cecil Beaton Portraits." I'd like to thank you for posting such beautiful and rare pictures of Marilyn and making this such a wonderful community.
Laura xxx

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

..and one more.... click on thumbnail for full-size.
nicky62
Hi Laura Thank you for the Beaton post , just to let you know post pic collage # 3 again it wont open to large format thank you
Nicky62
vintagesky
QUOTE(nicky62 @ Oct 6 2008, 05:35 PM) *
Hi Laura Thank you for the Beaton post , just to let you know post pic collage # 3 again it wont open to large format thank you
Nicky62

Hi Nicky, I'm sorry about the problem with the link, it should work now. Here's the direct link - LINK
Alanma
I know I'm bending the topic slightly, but it is not generally known that Cecil Beaton was asked to 'do' the costume designs for 'Prince and the Showgirl'. As TPASG is set in roughly the same period as 'My Fair Lady', I expect the costumes would have been equally as gorgeous if not more so.
Alas, the 'suits' turned Beaton down, as being too expensive.
If only...
nicky62
banana.gif
QUOTE(vintagesky @ Oct 6 2008, 11:49 AM) *
Hi Nicky, I'm sorry about the problem with the link, it should work now. Here's the direct link - LINK

banana.gif THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU LAURA LOVE THE PICS ! banana.gif
NICKY62
suusmarie
Big thumbup1.gif
mmmMarilyn
little better quality of this one, I really like it:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.