Sorry, it's not big.
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
nathalie
She doesn't look very happy there.... no.gif
Mandydolphin
MM
wootness
Remember she got out of the hospital March 5, 1961, so maybe thats why she doesnt look very happy.
Nina
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Amber Nichols
biggrin.gif I have not seen the 1st one you posted Nina...
Mandydolphin
Have never seen the last two you posted Nina and the one from you as well Amber.Thanks girls.
glaze_p
mmmaf_116.gif
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
Stacy
redsitting.gif mm

Wow. Nice big ones Suus.
nathalie
I love this one, Stacy clapping.gif
Fav
A really interesting thread. Thank you. Interesting to see her post Misfits pre Something's Got To Give in between weight loss. This is one of the only occasions that she didn't seem to be able to smile through the bad times. It's not totally convincing.
Amber Nichols
biggrin.gif I cropped & enlarged this jewel a little.
meganmarilyn
Can you guys blame her? I mean, how many dime a dozen public event fundraisers had she done up to that point? All the celebrities get together for dinner and dining. They all break out the alchohol. Yada...yada...yada. And I guarantee the conversation was the same too. Chitter chatter of non importance. I have nothing against these events per say, just that Marilyn was there in 'name' only and people there didn't 'really' care what she thought or said.

It makes me so mad how Marilyn was used. I have read so many accounts of people belittling her intelligence in the midst of company or crowds. I know I sound harsh in reference to these social events, but in Hollywood, you were a commodity and not a person.

I look at these photos and I see Marilyn's mind and attention span in a different sphere. She is obviously distraught and something is wrong. On her face, you can tell she is aging rapidly, her eagerness to smile is becoming less and less.

We have to remember how hard it was for her to be in the public eye 24/7. I think she thought of her life as being Marilyn Monroe and in public the only life worthwhile, no matter how much it hurt her.

And her final unfinished movie entitled "Something's Got To Give". And something sure did give. Her life.

Thanx God we all love her and actually cared about her personal feelings or dreams she might have had. I think she knew her true fans were this. I just wish we could have done more.
Fav
QUOTE(meganmarilyn @ Sep 19 2005, 05:49 AM) [snapback]88645[/snapback]
Can you guys blame her? I mean, how many dime a dozen public event fundraisers had she done up to that point? All the celebrities get together for dinner and dining. They all break out the alchohol. Yada...yada...yada. And I guarantee the conversation was the same too. Chitter chatter of non importance. I have nothing against these events per say, just that Marilyn was there in 'name' only and people there didn't 'really' care what she thought or said. She was the ditzy hollywood blonde flamethrower who had no talent. While everyone else were TRUE ACTORS and actually had a craft.

It makes me so mad how Marilyn was used. I have read so many accounts of people belittling her intelligence in the midst of company or crowds. I know I sound harsh in reference to these social events, but in Hollywood, you were a commodity and not a person.

I look at these photos and I see Marilyn's mind and attention span in a different sphere. She is obviously distraught and something is wrong. On her face, you can tell she is aging rapidly, her eagerness to smile is becoming less and less.

We have to remember how hard it was for her to be in the public eye 24/7. I think she thought of her life as being Marilyn Monroe and in public the only life worthwhile, no matter how much it hurt her.

And her final unfinished movie entitled "Something's Got To Give". And something sure did give. Her life.

Thanx God we all love her and actually cared about her personal feelings or dreams she might have had. I think she knew her true fans were this. I just wish we could have done more.

Of course you are forgetting that she didn't actually have to go to this event - unless Lee Strasbourg has a gun pressed into her back in this picture.....

coolio.gif
Tara
QUOTE(wootness @ Mar 22 2005, 08:05 PM) [snapback]73538[/snapback]
Remember she got out of the hospital March 5, 1961, so maybe thats why she doesnt look very happy.

I think you're right on the mark here - the months after Marilyn's divorce from Arthur, with her breakdown and hospitalisation, were among the worst of her life. She really hit rock-bottom. I suspect she attended this event purely as a favour to the Strasbergs. She looks fragile, as if her heart's not really in it.
Zelda Zonk
Right on the mark, Megan. thumbup1.gif And, Fav, you're right, she didn't have to attend the event, but I think she did it for the Strasbergs, as Tara said.
It breaks my heart to see pictures of this event.
meganmarilyn
edit
doc_cmj
A scan. Chris
suusmarie
Best wishes for 2006 cheers.gif
hug.gif Suus
roksana
THANK YOU , Suus, FOR THIS BEAUTY!!!
Happy New Year!!!
Amber Nichols
Wow!!! Thanks as well Suus!!!
glaze_p
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
glaze_p
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
suusmarie
biggrin.gif
njsp1921
great picture suus, and very rare.
glaze_p
jumpymm.gif
njsp1921
great post paul, thanks
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif

I just noticed that these photos come from Jeannette and are already posted in the rare-pictures section. Sorry Jeannette, found them on a Yahoo gruop earlier than looking in the rare-pictures tread blush.gif laugh.gif .
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
Stacy
Ooh! Great Suus.
Marilyn2Bonnie
Click to view attachment rolleyes1.gif "I Too! Believe Marilyn Went To This Event, Just To Make Lee Happy!, I'm Sure Lee Told Her It Would Do Her Good! During This Time In Her Life, I've Been There And Done That Too!, Could'nt Wait To Be Back Home!...LOL!
suusmarie
I couldn't make a JPG of it, sorry...
nicky62
clapping.gif Here it is Suus thumbup1.gif
Thank you soooo much I cleaned it out a bit
Nicky62 banana.gif
suusmarie
Thanks Nicky marilynbybrandon_190.gif .
suusmarie
Big thumbup1.gif

She looks like she is elsewhere with her mind...
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
MissMonroe
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Oct 30 2008, 04:16 AM) *
Big thumbup1.gif

She looks like she is elsewhere with her mind...

It's like this photo was taken the other day, it's like you can reach out and touch her. throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif sadballerina.gif shy.gif
nathalie
coolio.gif
glaze_p
jumpymm.gif
Mezzo
Although Marilyn's beauty is evident in these pictures, I also think that she has a vague, faraway look in her eyes in many of them. Despite her obvious attractiveness and the stylishness of her dress and hair, I get the impression that her spirit was tired. Seeing these photos makes me understand how some of the people she encountered felt that they wanted to help her.
MarilynSpice
I agree...she does look like her mind is far away and her spirits are low. Lots of people think MM looks not so well here and I can't say the same. She looks beautiful because beauty belonged to her naturally and she was stunning no mater what but it is true her aura does seem to be very low so maybe in that sense she doesn't look too well.
glaze_p
marilynbybrandon_190.gifmarilynbybrandon_190.gif
Tara
Lovely, Paul. Never seen the first one. I agree Marilyn looks sad and weary here. With all that was going on at the time - the breakdown, Augusta's death - I'm sure Marilyn only went as a favour to the Strasbergs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.