Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clark Kidder's Books
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Kadri
Hello my dear friends!
I love so much Clark Kidder's book covers.But unfortunately they aren't arrive to Turkey. no.gif I saw on ebay but books+shipping is so expensive :(

Did you have this books?? redsitting.gif
linkeando
i got the two editions, i like very much,

there are very much information

there are only covers
Tara
I bought the second edition, it arrived today. It's very nice with an intro by Mamie Van Doren:

"I remember Marilyn as a giggle in the darkness as she watched in secret during my early screen test at 20th Century Fox ... she watched the screen test with the kind of good humor not always seen among rivals, then or now."
Mandydolphin
I have cover to cover.
wootness
I own Cover To Cover the first edition... I want to get Marilyn Monroe Uncovers.
suusmarie
I have them too and these two others by Kidder thumbup1.gif . Especially the 'Marilyn Monroe Collectibles' (pocket) book has been of great help in collecting aldo I think he puts to highly prices on the non-USA magazines huh.gif . I have met several sellers in Europe who take this Kidder-book as their guideline to set prices and that is sometimes just insane wacko.gif ! But for reference purpuses it is a great book biggrin.gif !

hug.gif Suus
Tara
QUOTE(wootness @ Jun 15 2005, 06:21 PM)
I own Cover To Cover the first edition... I want to get Marilyn Monroe Uncovers.
[snapback]81098[/snapback]

Are they very different, does anyone know?
minx_dublin
I agree Suusmarie about Kidder placing too high a price on the non us covers...I wish he'd publish a more up to date version of this book..
meztisa
When my parents went to visit Hotel Coronado, they bought me a 'catalog' of Marilyn magazines at the gift shop! I throb.gif it. It includes a LOT of rare magazine covers, their worth, info and great quotes by and about Marilyn. Also a foreword by Mamie Van Doren.

Also, here's a picture of one of the displays in the hotel.

The scans below are of the catalog cover and some pages inside.
Tara
This thread is about Clark Kidder's books, Cover To Cover and Uncovers - perhaps the mods could join them together? blush.gif Thanks for the display photo, it looks great. coolio.gif

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...hl=clark+kidder
SAiKARO
wow, great scans, thanks!
xxEmmaxx
That looks really cool. Great scans. I love Marilyn peering out from behind the jewellery!
Paju
Merged. Thanks for the scans meztisa smile1.gif
nicky62
QUOTE(meztisa @ Jun 30 2006, 07:25 AM) [snapback]108617[/snapback]
When my parents went to visit Hotel Coronado, they bought me a 'catalog' of Marilyn magazines at the gift shop! I throb.gif it. It includes a LOT of rare magazine covers, their worth, info and great quotes by and about Marilyn. Also a foreword by Mamie Van Doren.

Also, here's a picture of one of the displays in the hotel.

The scans below are of the catalog cover and some pages inside.

clapping.gif Please Scan MOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this book i dont have it and wish to see more scans from it
thank you for postng
Hugs Nicky62
JC 96816
RE: MM Cover To Cover

I bought the Kindle version of the 2nd edition -- I was disappointed. I don't think it's worth the $$$.
I would've had all the covers in it and if they didn't fit, I would make different volumes.
The covers would be in chronological order and divided by the country they came from...
It is a good reference book for collector's though...
Stacy
I love his books, but I have to agree they could have been better organized♥
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.