suusmarie
biggrin.gif
Stacy
Those are great Suus!
Stacy
redsitting.gif mm
wiesje2002
Some of better quality.
Does anyone knows what the exact date is ?

thanks,
Ljuba
suusmarie
28 january 1958 biggrin.gif . The girls are the twin Sandra (l) and Linda Solomon, they were used as postergirls for the March Of Dimes Foundation.

hug.gif Suus
Marilyn2Bonnie
Love Marilyn's white suit, Beautiful,Marilyn's Beautiful!
suusmarie
Small alas but nice anyway coolio.gif
Tara
Found on the March Of Dimes website...
linkeando
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Jul 13 2005, 01:55 AM) [snapback]83548[/snapback]
28 january 1958 biggrin.gif . The girls are the twin Sandra (l) and Linda Solomon, they were used as postergirls for the March Of Dimes Foundation.

hug.gif Suus

ops, these are my names: Lindy and Sandy Sue Solomon
Nancy
Does anyone know how far back the March of Dimes history of animal abuse through experiments goes? It makes me ill to think that Marilyn donated her time and talents to an organization like that.
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(jemaniac @ Jun 19 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]107761[/snapback]
Does anyone know how far back the March of Dimes history of animal abuse through experiments goes? It makes me ill to think that Marilyn donated her time and talents to an organization like that.

I donated my time with the March of Dimes to help babies not be born with birth defects. Just what kind of animals are you refering to that were abused? Laboratory mice? I hope that my
contributions helped somehow of a child being born not deformed or crippled. ...Lauren Michele
My time I collected money and donated was in the 1990's.
Lauren Michele
I think at the time Marilyn was donating her time they were using monkeys and chimpanzees too. crybaby.gif
I feel so sad now. How nieve of me to think this type of abuse ended so, so , long ago. I assume in the mid 1990's lab mice was used when I donated but I feel bad for the large animals. Dogs? Monkeys? bye2.gif ..
Lauren Michele. throb.gif
Nancy
QUOTE(Lauren Michele @ Jun 29 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]108557[/snapback]
I think at the time Marilyn was donating her time they were using monkeys and chimpanzees too. crybaby.gif
I feel so sad now. How nieve of me to think this type of abuse ended so, so , long ago. I assume in the mid 1990's lab mice was used when I donated but I feel bad for the large animals. Dogs? Monkeys? bye2.gif ..
Lauren Michele. throb.gif

Don't read this when you're in a happy mood, it'll go right down the drain...

no.gif

http://www.ntimc.org/newswire.php?story_id=3997
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(jemaniac @ Jun 29 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]108560[/snapback]
Don't read this when you're in a happy mood, it'll go right down the drain...

no.gif

http://www.ntimc.org/newswire.php?story_id=3997

Thank you Nancy Lee for bringing that to my attention. I had to stop reading when I was 3/4 of the way done when they went into too much detail of what they did to the animals. My heart was in the right place by donating time...so was Marilyn's. But ignorance is bliss and now I know never to deal with this organization again. There are others to help children and babies. ....Lauren M.
Young
Oh, I love Marilyn!
Nancy
I'm against it 100%
meganmarilyn
Sad stuff to read.
suusmarie
Small but uncropped thumbup1.gif
Joan Newman
I found this beautiful image of Marilyn. Can someone save it ? I tried everything. It looks like her from 1957 March of Dimes charity event. Click on the left arrow when you see the images.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience...-gallery/polio/

" Wearing a March of Dimes pin actress Marilyn Monroe encourages Americans to take the polio vaccine "
Joan Newman
bye1.gif
MissCaswell
Nettie:
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
linkeando
great!!!! thanx!
Nancy
That's such a pretty picture. throb.gif
Joan Newman
ERICA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif

SHE'S BEAUTIFUL. NEVER SEEN THIS OUTFIT BEFORE.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I LOVE IT. THANK YOU. stretcher.gif

I'm curious as to how you saved it incase I need to in the future.
suusmarie
Wow, what a great photo, thanks clapping.gif !
MissCaswell
You're welcome, Nettie smile1.gif

On my macintosh I press apple+shift+4 and I make a screenshot... not sure if that works on a pc though.
meganmarilyn
QUOTE(MissCaswell @ May 23 2010, 07:48 PM) *
You're welcome, Nettie smile1.gif

On my macintosh I press apple+shift+4 and I make a screenshot... not sure if that works on a pc though.

I see the screenshot pic. How did you download the full size pic itself? (left one) throb.gif
MissCaswell
That's a screenshot too, I just clicked 'close' to get rid of the text first.
meganmarilyn
QUOTE(MissCaswell @ May 24 2010, 07:55 AM) *
That's a screenshot too, I just clicked 'close' to get rid of the text first.

Oh I see, thanxs. I cleaned up the pic and removed the 'close' logo. throb.gif

Anyone know if this pic was before the actual fashion show, maybe her doing a promo for it? Since she's wearing a different outfit. Wonder if there are other photos from this.
Joan Newman
bye1.gif
Pixie
QUOTE(Nettie @ Mar 12 2012, 05:29 AM) *
bye1.gif

on of my favourite pictures of her -I think she would have made an excellent mother....
Joan Newman
QUOTE(Pixie @ Mar 12 2012, 06:08 PM) *
on of my favourite pictures of her -I think she would have made an excellent mother....

Like Jimmy Haspiel once said after looking at Marilyn's face... "Angel..."
ginie
by Milton Greene:
Click to view attachment
suusmarie
Watermarked alas coolio.gif
Joan Newman
9 sec. video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH_xja7JiyY
Marilyn2Bonnie
"I JUST LOVE THESE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF MARILYN, JUST LOOK HOW SWEET SHE IS WITH THE LITTLE GIRLS"
"ARTHUR MILLER ONCE SAID: TO UNDERSTAND MARILYN BEST, YOU HAVE TO SEE HER AROUND CHILDREN, THEY LOVE HER."
"I LOVE HER TOO!" marilynbybrandon_190.gif
MY SCREEN CAPS...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
"HOW SWEET THE KISS"
LOVING MARILYN throb.gif
Click to view attachment

Joan Newman
[quote name='Marilyn2Bonnie' date='May 31 2013, 10:10 AM' post='222619']
"I JUST LOVE THESE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF MARILYN, JUST LOOK HOW SWEET SHE IS WITH THE LITTLE GIRLS"
"ARTHUR MILLER ONCE SAID: TO UNDERSTAND MARILYN BEST, YOU HAVE TO SEE HER AROUND CHILDREN, THEY LOVE HER."
"I LOVE HER TOO!" marilynbybrandon_190.gif

clapping.gif clapping.gif
I agree. She is breath-takingly beautiful.
And I love her too throb.gif
ginie
by Milton Greene -publicity photographs taken in 1957
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
chris
We do not have the exact date of the meeting poses for Milton Greene ? Officially the last time they were seen together was in April 1957, no ?
But the event took place on January 28, 1958.
meganmarilyn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVO8kAVcgWo

I just watched the vid again. And MM leans over and tells the 2 girls to blow kisses to the audience. How CUTE!!!!
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
meganmarilyn
Contact Sheets (better quality). throb.gif
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
Joan Newman
I Love Marilyn in 1955 a lot. But I believe I love her look even more in these. So soft, sexy and classy. She looks sleepy-eyed. 1957, right? The Times Building shots of her were sweet like these. Thank you Suus and Megan bye1.gif
suusmarie
banana.gif
chris
so sweet
Thanks suusmarie
Joan Newman
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif Sweeeeeeeeet.

Suus bye1.gif . You are a busy bee. Thank you for all the beautiful images you keep posting one after the other. thumbup.gif throb.gif them.
meganmarilyn
Really beautiful pic Suus.

Everytime I see photos of MM with kids she glows. I imagine all the time how awesome a mother she would have been. Playing, dancing, singing all time around them. Putting flowers in the girls hair. Kissing them nonstop.

lois_laurel
Bigger

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.