Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Fun "getting To Know You" Survey :)
Everlasting Star Community > News & Events > New members
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mels
Here's a little (hopefully fun) survey I encourage everyone to play with. It will help us know eachother a bit more biggrin.gif

Simply copy and paste the following and reply smile1.gif

1. How did you find ES?

2. Why did you become a member?

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?

4. How old are you?

5. Where do you live?

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f?

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?)

8. What are your hobbies?

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand?

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand?

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand?

13. What are your favourite websites?

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day?

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site?

26. What is your favourite section of the boards?

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote?
marilyn
1. How did you find ES?: I was browsing on the web for Marilyn websites and i found this one biggrin.gif

2. Why did you become a member?: Because i am a huge marilyn fan biggrin.gif

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?: yes i have owned some sites but most of them were hacked so i have now one site but not about our Marilyn blush.gif

4. How old are you?: I'm 18 years old

5. Where do you live?: I live in The netherlands

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f?: No i'm not married and i don't have children (i'm 18 years old) i still live with my mom and my sister

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?): I just finished school and now i'm searching for a job biggrin.gif

8. What are your hobbies?: Marilyn monroe (of course) chatting, drawing, listening to music, and much more.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand?: The three book i would recommand are: My sister Marilyn, The new Andre de dienes book and Goddess; The secret lives of Marilyn monroe

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?: Uhmm That's a tough one the three movies i would recommand are: Niagara, Gentlemen prefer blondes and How to marry a millionaire.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand?: Duran duran, spandeau ballet and wham biggrin.gif

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand?: Ellen, Friends and sex and the city.

13. What are your favourite websites?:This one biggrin.gif and Breathless

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day?: Become a famous moviestar biggrin.gif

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site?: The pictures section

26. What is your favourite section of the boards?: Pictures and artwork

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?:No no.gif

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote?: 'Please hold a good tought for me'
mels
Oh yay Marilyn already has answered!! My turn now... smile1.gif

1. How did you find ES?

erm... well... somehow this was sitting on my hard drive and then I uploaded it to some nice little place on the web wink3.gif

obviously... i have to be a member if I want to administrate the site wink3.gif

Other than ES, I have made several other websites:
- http://www.surefinewhatever.net/ Site on The X-Files
- http://www.alouettes-pessac.com/ Site of a synchronized skating team
- http://www.tere-art.com/creative/ Site made and ran along with my friend Tere. This is a forum on digital arts with tutorials, artwork and feedback posting, resources etc.

4. How old are you?

25... already!

5. Where do you live?

In Bordeaux, France.

None at the moment wink3.gif

I'm a project manager in the webdesign industry.

Ice skating, reading, reading and reading (people are always impressed by the amount of books I read, even more because I read several at the same time), going to the movies, my job (seriously!!), Marilyn Monroe (obviously), traveling, and simply spending time with my friends and other loved ones.

- Edith Wharton's "The House of Mirth". Because it's incredibly well written and poignant. And a classic biggrin.gif
- Patrick Süskind's "Le Parfum" ("Perfume: The story of a murderer" in English). It's just incredible. I read it years and years ago and I still love it.
- Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". I read this in the space of two days. I was completly drawn into the intrigue and fascinated with the writing and characters.

- "When Harry Met Sally". It's my cult movie and brings on eternal debates with my friends late at night after a nice festive dinner wink3.gif Does friendship between a man and a woman exist... can it exist? wink3.gif
- "Lost in Translation". Beautiful interpretation, beautiful directing by Ms Coppola and the overall feeling of the movie really strucks you.
- "Fight Club". I love everything about this movie.

- Sarah McLachlan. Just because. We share a common soul and view of the world and this life. And her music just speaks to me.
- Jewel. Funny, intelligent lyrics, mixed with powerfull stories that struck you and mark your sould to its core.
- Queen. Do I even need to say why? wink3.gif

- Friends
- Sex and the City
- Alias

- Google, google and google wink3.gif My startpage is google.com, my email client is Gmail and I have the GMail notifier installed as well as the brand new Google Search Desktop software, which I HIGHLY recommand (it searches in all your computer files, even outlook emails and AIM chats!). I also have Google's Picasa software installed on my main computer to manage my digipics.
And a part of my job requires a deep knowledge of Google's algorithms and such. As you see, a whole part of my life relies on Google wink3.gif

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day?

Not really anymore.

The "Remembering Marilyn" section is really what I wanted this site to be. It's supposed to be the core and soul of the site. Next version of the site will insist on it. I never wanted ES to be a "classic" Marilyn site with facts and such about Marilyn but more an analysis on how she is/was perceived and how she has impacted this world and keeps impacting it.

Pictures and picture investigation. Like the "Book Club" section as well smile1.gif

Nope smile1.gif

"Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer."
marilynpixie1786
1. How did you find ES? Surfin the web

2. Why did you become a member? I love Marilyn!!

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? No

4. How old are you? 18

5. Where do you live? Concord NC

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Boyfriend

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) At the moment work a dry cleaners, but I'm going to force myself to find something better

8. What are your hobbies? Drawing

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? Umm, I really don't read much...

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? OH gosh I could go on forever, Um The Crow, Donnie Darko, Seven Year Itch.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Switchfoot, Velvet Revolver, Lynard Skynard.

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Surreal Life, Late Night with Conan O'brien (I love him!!), um, Fear Factor(ugghh!! LOL)

13. What are your favourite websites? Um this one!, Ebay, Yahoo....

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Yes... blush.gif

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Artwork

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? General Discussion

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? No

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? "Everything is just make believe, isn't it?" sadballerina.gif throb.gif
Norma
1. How did you find ES? Just going through different Marilyn-sites -- I was very lucky to find this one!

2. Why did you become a member?I wanted to get to know Marilyn-fans from around the world

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?No... no.gif

4. How old are you? 28

5. Where do you live? In Helsinki, Finland

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Married, with no children yet

I'm a historian

8. What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, movies, dancing, yoga, swimming

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? Joyce Carol Oates: "Blonde", Franz Kafka: "The Trial", poetry by Wislawa Szymborska

Casablanca, His Girl Friday, Singin' In the Rain... and so many others!

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Frank Sinatra, Yves Montand, Billie Holiday

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Seinfeld, Six Feet Under, Babylon 5

13. What are your favourite websites? ES, Ballet Alert

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Be a famous writer

Artwork & wallpapers

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? General discussion

No...

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? If I am a star, the people made me a star -- no studio, no person, but the people did.
Paju
Oooh I love these so much! clapping.gif clapping.gif
Okay, my turn biggrin.gif

1. How did you find ES?
It was the whole Eternally Marilyn-was-a-good-forum-until-the-owner-closed-it-and-Mels-created-a-better-forum thing

I wanted to talk about Marilyn with other fans.

I have several Marilyn related sites and they are all listed at the collective -> Absolute Marilyn
Then there's the Marilyn Galleria
And I have a fanlisting for Malcesine (a little village by the beautiful Lago di Garda)

4. How old are you?
19, but I will turn 20 in December

5. Where do you live?
In Finland

Boyfriend throb.gif

I'm a school assistant (I don't know if there's a word for what I do in English) at junior high, and I also study.

Flamenco and making things from clay. I could probably say cooking and music as well, because I LOVE being in the kitchen and I LOVE music.

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
-Bridget Jones books by Helen Fielding
-The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

-Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (if I had to pick only one Marilyn movie)
-Romeo+Juliet (if I had to pick only one Baz Luhrmann movie)
-Poetic Justice

-Jimi Hendrix
-Ayreon (and the side project, Star One)
-there are so many other bands/singers I like I can't pick just three

-Golden Girls
-The Nanny
-Friends

I don't really have favorites... except ES! biggrin.gif

Well, I am a huge romantic so I kinda want the "...and they lived happily ever after" thing blush.gif

I don't know... the whole site is so beautiful smile1.gif

I really can't choose biggrin.gif

Nope

"I think people need human warmth even when they are asleep and unconscious"

~Paju~
BeyondCamelot
1. How did you find ES? I don't remember, honestly, I came here for so long on my own.

2. Why did you become a member? I had scanned some old magazine clippings that were posted here, and joined so I could post more when I got them.

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? I'm working on one, no address yet, but it'll be about the Kennedy family.

4. How old are you? 17.

5. Where do you live? Texas, USA

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Boyfriend ( named Kennedy - yes, it's just a coincidence ), no kids - EVER ( childfree. woo. )

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) I'm in highschool, but I want to be a Kennedy-family historian.

8. What are your hobbies? Reading, playing guitar, listening to music, watching movies.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? "Valley of the Dolls" - Jacqueline Susann, "Survivor" - Chuck Palahniuk, "Rotten" - John Lydon

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? "Breakfast At Tiffany's," "Grease," "JFK"

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? The Faded , Bif Naked , and the Rolling Stones.

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Desperate Housewives, Nip/Tuck, Alias.

13. What are your favourite websites? DenDen-Forums.com, ComingSoon.net, LiveJournal.com

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? I want to work at either the JFK Presidential Library, or National Archives II ( where the JFK assassination records, and the Nixon Watergate tapes are )

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? The screencaps! I love making little graphics when I'm bored, just for my own pleasure, and using those beautiful caps!

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? The rare pictures. I don't have any to post, but I LOVE looking at them. I never post how much I appreciate it, but THANK YOU!

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? Not that I know of.

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? The one about Hollywood giving you fifty cents for your soul. I forget the wording at the moment. ( I'm sick, give me a break. *sniff* )
Mandydolphin
1. How did you find ES? Just surfing on the net and was lucky to find this one.

2. Why did you become a member?I wanted to share my admiration for Marilyn with other fans from around the world

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?No

4. How old are you? 30

5. Where do you live? Amsterdam,The Netherlands.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Single,no kids.

I work for a Dutch airline,KLM.

8. What are your hobbies? Reading, shopping, movies, music, swimming.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? Little women, Pride and prejudice and too many to name.

The Green Mile,Bridget Jones and A star is born.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Celine Dion,Alicia Keys and Anastacia(but there are so many more)

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Sex and the City,The Gillmore Girls and CSI.

13. What are your favourite websites? [b]This one of course and hotmail.com

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Swim with dolphins

Pictures

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? All

No

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.Í know.Because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents.
the_Mmmm_girl
aww Mels I remember when you and Ally used to post questions like these all the time biggrin.gif glad they're back! clapping.gif

1. How did you find ES?
its been so long........ random search i guess.... wish i found it sooner though! and i would've if it was listed on Yahoo!

awesome members! wanted to become part of the community.

nope

4. How old are you?

5. Where do you live?
toronto, canada

bf

i'm taking phys ed. at York University. i dance and also do makeup and spa for lise watier

ES-addict, playing video games, eating ice cream tongue.gif

-Bridget Jones's Diary
-Wuthering Heights
-Catch-22

-The Ring
-Clue
-Gia

-Alicia Keys
-Beyonce
-Usher

-The Simpsons
-Family Guy
-Blackadder

-Everlasting Star
-MMTO
-imdb

become a rockstar... haha but i cant sing

the sweet MM tributes... you can just tell the admins spent a lot of time and hard work to pull that kind of thing of biggrin.gif

everything really. i just like reading what ppl have to say.

i wish!

It stirs up envy, fame does. People feel fame gives them some kind of privilege to walk up to you and say anything to you - and it won't hurt your feelings - like it's happening to your clothing.
Kadri
1. How did you find ES?
*I heard my dear friend Nina... marilynbybrandon_190.gif

*I wanted to share my admiration for Marilyn with other fans from around the world...

*I will update.

4. How old are you?
*I'm 22 years old

5. Where do you live?
*Turkey

*I'm favorite single yet wink3.gif

*I'm an university student...Public Relations

*I'm collecting Marilyn's magazine covers and records from 60's and 70's.

*I prefer Honoré de Balzac's all of books...

*1)Marilyn's all of films
2)The Last Samurai
3)Titanic

*1)Dalida
2)Behiye Aksoy (Turkish diva)
3)Hamiyet Yuceses (Turkish diva)

*1)The Simpsons
2)OZ
3)Golden Girls

*Mel's great website EVERLASTING-STAR.net thumbup1.gif

*Hmmm...I don't say! blush.gif

*Pictures

*All but especially "New Members-ES Members Gallery" and "Magazine-Article discussion" pages... redsitting.gif

*No,I wish...

*"Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer."
nathalie
1.How did you find ES?
I search Marilyn's pics on the net.

2.Why did you become a member?
First, to have a lot of pics.

3.Do you own a website?
No.

4.How old are you?
33 years old.

5.Where do you live?
In Belgium.

6.Married?Children?
I'm not married but I have 2 boys.

7.What do you do for living?
I'm a teacher, but now, I don't have work.

8.What are your hobbies?
Reading, collecting Marilyn's pics.

9.What are the 3 books you recommand?
-Da Vinci code
-Roadmaster (Stephen King)
-Une sale rumeur (french title)

10.What are the 3 movies you recommand?
-Titanic
-Dirty dancing
-The ring

11.What are the 3 band/singers you recommand?
-Anastasia
-Whithney Houston
-Sarah Mc Lachlan

12.What are the 3 Tv shows you recommand?
I don't know I don't look at Tv shows

13.What are you favorite website?
-Everlasting star
-Breathless

14.Do you have a big dream?
-To travel

15.What's your favorite section?
Pictures

26.What's your favorite section on board?
All

27.Have you ever met one of your fellows?
No
Tara
1. How did you find ES?
Through a link on Marilyn's official site

I've been a Marilyn fan for over 20 years and wanted to know what other fans are like - and to learn from them

Yes, it's about me and my writing, including the first three chapters of 'The Mmm Girl', a Marilyn-based novel that I'm currently working on - www.tarahanks.org

4. How old are you? 32

5. Where do you live? Derby, England

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Married to Andy, and I have two sons - Joe (4) and Lewis (20 months)

I look after my children full-time, and write when I can. My first book was published this year.

Writing of course, and Marilyn - luckily I can now combine both!

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Tess Of The D'Urbevilles by Thomas Hardy
Conversations With Marilyn by WJ Weatherby

I have so many favourites, but these are my MM choices:
Some Like It Hot
The Misfits
Bus Stop

Billie Holiday
Rolling Stones
Johnny Cash

The Sopranos
Twin Peaks
The Simpsons

As far as Marilyn goes - ES, Breathless, Marilyn Monthly
Also writers' sites like UK Authors and ABCtales

Not really - but I would like to gain wider recognition as a writer. I'd like to live in the country one day, and I want my children to be happy.

I love the forums - also the interviews with people like Josh Greene

I love looking at pictures, and am constantly amazed by other people's knowledge. Plus general discussion, and book reviews

No

It's nice to be included in peoples' fantasies but you also like to be accepted for your own sake.
Marloes
1. How did you find ES?
Surfing... I really don't remember.

I love discussions and I love Marilyn. That's clear I think wink3.gif

Yeah I do, way too many though:
- Simply Marilyn my Marilyn Monroe fansite
- MMD the Marilyn Monroe Directory
- Sweet Repose my personal website
- Fan-a-Licious my fanlisting collective, wich contains over 30 fanlistings
- Silk Icons my livejournal filled with icons
- Marilyn Monroe Challenge a MM icon challenge

4. How old are you?
20!

5. Where do you live?
Netherlands, since June I live with my parents again. Before that, I lived on my own in Enschede (NL)

Boyfriend, for almost 2,5 years now

Full time student at an artacademy (graphic design) and I work at a swimmingpool as a lifeguard.

Painting, webdesign, reading, watching movies, drawing.

Harry Potters, Everything's Eventual (Stephen King) and

Amèlie, Kill Bill and Mary Poppins

Bowling For Soup, SR-71 and Pulley

Will and Grace, CSI and Columbo

Everlasting Star Boards, The Fanlistings and Livejournal

Have a great job, a nice house, a loving husband and to be happy.

Remembering Marilyn

Artwork

Might have, but I didn't notice wink3.gif

"I was never used to being happy, so that wasn't something I ever took for granted."
LoveMariLyn
oo wonderful i do this when i get some time

thanks for sharin elastingstar.gif
desertrosetd
Marloes, I saw Bowling for Soup in concert here in NYC last week....they were such funny guys who made jokes right before suddenly breaking into each of their songs smile1.gif i recommend any concerts that may be coming your way...

QUOTE(LoveMariLyn @ Nov 9 2004, 08:28 PM)
oo wonderful i do this when i get some time

thanks for sharin  elastingstar.gif
[snapback]65658[/snapback]
Marloes
QUOTE(desertrosetd @ Nov 10 2004, 07:57 PM)
Marloes, I saw Bowling for Soup in concert here in NYC last week....they were such funny guys who made jokes right before suddenly breaking into each of their songs smile1.gif i recommend any concerts that may be coming your way...

Wow, I wish they would give a concert here in Holland. I would go for sure, I so love their music! jumpymm.gif
MarilynEP
1. How did you find ES? Just did a serch for marilyn monroe online smile1.gif

2. Why did you become a member? because i love me some marilyn!

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? no i suck at webpages,i have tried to make a marilyn one but i gave up smile1.gif

4. How old are you? i am 20 smile1.gif

5. Where do you live? i live in germany (hubby is in the army) but i am from tennessee smile1.gif

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? got me a husband,and a dog and 2 cats as kids smile1.gif no "real" kids yet smile1.gif only been married a year so we got bunches of time lol

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) i am a house wife,or army wife which is one of the tuffest job in the army

8. What are your hobbies? hanging with the hubby,and the animals,and friends,and chatting online with marilyn fans and friends back home in good old tennessee

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? My story by marilyn monroe,Girl interrupted by susana kasin,and well i cant think of any others,i dont read much smile1.gif

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? Bus Stop,Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind,and Zoolander smile1.gif

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Nine inch nails,Sting,and Johnny Cash

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Family guy, Friends, and chappelles show

13. What are your favourite websites? www.MarilynMonroe.ca,the breathless boards and this one of course smile1.gif

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? yes to become a mother and do volunteer work with the aids victims in Africa

i love the avatars!!! and i love being able to talk to other marilyn fans smile1.gif

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? any part,like i said i love talking to marilyn fans smile1.gif

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? no never but i would love to smile1.gif

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? personal : Every child should be told they are pretty,even if they arent.

Movie: i want a guy i can look up to and admire,but i dont want him to brow beat me.I want a guy who'll be sweet with me,but i dont want him to baby me either.I i just feel whoever i marry will have some real regaurd for me,aside from all that love and stuff,you know what i mean? redsitting.gif
Carole
1. How did you find ES?
By the great board called Creative wink3.gif

To share my love for the wonderful Marilyn throb.gif

Unfortunately.. I don't no.gif

4. How old are you?
I'm 20

5. Where do you live?
In France, near Paris

I'm in love with Marc-Antoine wub.gif

I'm a performing arts student

I have an association which makes shows to make money for people who have no food to live. I love what I do !

La promesse de l'Aube de Romain Gary. I haven't time to read..

Closer, The Piano and Love Story

Michel Polnareff, Foreigner and Paula Cole

ER, Friends and Ally McBeal thumbup.gif

Those which make me dream..

Be an actress in the USA elastingstar.gif

Artwork and wallpapers

Marilyn's pictures photo.gif

Never no.gif

In french sorry : "Avant le mariage, une femme doit faire l'amour à un homme pour le retenir. Après le mariage, elle doit le retenir pour lui faire l'amour." I find this quote so funny. But so true..
Miia
1. How did you find ES? - I was searching for scans for a new Marilyn layout, and so I bumbed into this place. Luckily enough clapping.gif

2. Why did you become a member? - I adore Marilyn and like spending time on message boards, so I thought why not?

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? - Yeah, I have my own website at Reality-Blurred.net. It's a personal blog and also I've got lots of stuff for visitors, such as graphics, tutorials etc. etc. (I haven't got the new GFX section up yet so the content is lacking of stuff at the moment)

4. How old are you? - 19 and half.

5. Where do you live? - In Finland.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? - I have a fiancé and we live together.

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) - I'm a student.

8. What are your hobbies? - Dancing, spending time with my friends, writing... Lots of stuff.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? - Wow, this came quickly, I can't remember the names in english, sorry :(

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? - American History X, Dirty Dancing and The Shining.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? - Michael Jackson, Kate Bush and U2.

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? - Uh, I think no one wants to hear me recommanding anything because I love all the reality series.. Even the bad ones, lol.

13. What are your favourite websites? - There's too many, I can't pick just 3 blink.gif

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? - Yeah, many of them. One of my biggest dreams is to direct a movie someday.

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? - The scans section. I just love beautiful pictures and using them when making graphics.

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? - I just came here today so I haven't decided yet.

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? - No.

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? - Check my sig wink3.gif
Zelda Zonk
1. How did you find ES? Browsing through Marilyn websites.

2. Why did you become a member? I wanted to talk to other Marilyn fans and learn from them.

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? Nope, I don't have a website.

4. How old are you? Only 14.

5. Where do you live? Montreal, Canada.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Not married, no children, no boyfriend.

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) I'm a student.

8. What are your hobbies? Hanging out with my friends and family, watching movies, listening to music, reading magazines, chatting on this board.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? Ou, I don't read much but I just finished reading a book called Life of Pi in English class and I enjoyed it.

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? Chicago, Ghost World and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Belle and Sebastian, Damien Rice, Radiohead.

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Will & Grace, that's about all I watch.

13. What are your favourite websites? A lot of Marilyn websites out there (this one included, of course).

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Live my life to the fullest, regret nothing I do, and not to be frightened by people's perception of me.

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Remembering Marilyn and Pictures & Scans.

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? I can't decide, I love it all!

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? No, but I'd love to.

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? "I want to grow old without face-lifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face that I have made. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know yourself."
Mairi
1. How did you find ES?

I was doing a Google image search

I didn't know many good Marilyn forums

I have a Beatles website, the addy is http://groups.msn.com/AHardDaysSite/_whatsnew.msnw

4. How old are you?

14 going on 25

5. Where do you live?

Nova Scotia, Canada

None of these

I'm a high school student

drama, singing, playing guitar, drawing, reading

The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton, Child Star by Shirley Temple, and the Harry Potter books.

This Is Spinal Tap, Grease, A Hard Day's Night

Beatles, Avril Lavigne, The Who

Microsoap (though it's not on anymore), Simpsons, and Caitlin's Way (in reruns)

I really only go on fan forums

I want to become an actress

Scans section

I haven't really seen much of the boards yet...

Nope

"My one desire is to do my best, the best that I can from the moment the camera starts until it stops. That moment I want to be perfect, as perfect as I can make it."
wootness
1. How did you find ES?
I was browsing Marilyn Monroe fansite and click on the Everlasting-Star link.

I love Marilyn Monroe and wanted to be in a community with others who feel the same.

I have a few websites, but the main ones are my personal/blog site Brokenlife.Org and my Marilyn Monroe fansite Msmonroe.Net.

4. How old are you?
I am 17, but I will be turning 18 May 11th. birthdaymmsing_190_146.gif

5. Where do you live?
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Currently single... just dating. biggrin.gif

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?
Right now I am in between high school-college and looking for a part-time job.

Marilyn Monroe is a big hobby of mine. Collecting books, pictures, etc. I also love listening to music and watching movies. Another big part of my life is web design.

To Kill A Mockingbird, House on Mango Street, andThe Joy Luck Club

Mean Girls, The Notebook, Pretty Woman

Destiny's Child, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera

American Idol, House, The Simple Life

This one and Stereomb.com

Right now I am working on losing another 45-50lbs. In the last year Ive lost over 70lbs... so thats my main goal.

The Pictures Forum

The Pictures Forum

Nope...

"Its all make believe isnt it?"
riemedial
1. How did you find ES?
Surfing the monroe sites.

To chat with fellow Monroe admirers.

Yes. I operate my own photography company, Riemedial Photography, thru
http://www.riemedial.com

4. How old are you?

5. Where do you live?
Minneapolis,MN

None of the above, thank god : )

Sell my photography and I also moonlight as a produce stocker.

Photography, film, dreaming, and sleeping.

Milton's Marilyn, Lynch on Lynch, and David Bailey's Birth of the Cool.

Wild at Heart, Rear Window, and The Misfits.

Elvis Presley, John Lennon, and Kurt Cobain.

TCM and IFC are the only networks I pay attention to.

www.markryden.com, www.amazon.com, and now this one.

Make a living off my art.

I haven't explored it enough yet to know.

Same as above.

no.

There all good!
EmeraldEyes
How did you find ES?: Surfing the web for Marilyn websites.

2. Why did you become a member?: I love Marilyn and to meet other people with the same love as I, and to learn more about the goddess.

3. Do you own a website? I wish I could keep up with one, I'm just so busy, and I can't keep up with the one's that are just too beautiful.

4. How old are you?: just turned 15.

5. Where do you live?: The Sunshine State, Key West, Florida.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f?: I want a boyfriend so bad, I need some love! no.gif

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?): Oh I have some ideas.........

8. What are your hobbies?: I love to paint abstract paintings, go to the movies when I get kicked out of the house, collect classic movies, help out at the local animal shelter, and I love to collect Marilyn & James Dean memborbillia.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand?: Well I love Drew Barrymore, since I can relate to her life so bad, so Little Girl Lost...it motivates me. I mostly like to read Vogue and Harper's Baazar.

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?: I'm a huge The Wizard of Oz fan, but practically everyone has seen it....I like Rebel Without A Cause, Edward Scissorhands, and Casablanca.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand?: Nirvana, Green Day, and GWEN STEFANI!

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand?: I do not watch TV at all.

13. What are your favourite websites?: Well this one, marilynmonroe.com, and Breathless.

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day?: Yes but I'm supersticious and I'm scared if I say it, it won't come true, so I keep it to myself.

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site?: The pictures section.

26. What is your favourite section of the boards?: Pictures and artwork

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?: Nope

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote?: "Please dont make me a joke. End the interview with what I believe. . . I want to be an artist, an actress with integrity."
dontlookback
1. How did you find ES? Searching Marilyn photos

2. Why did you become a member? why not?

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? No

4. How old are you? born 1959

5. Where do you live? Madrid Spain

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Single, no child

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) lawyer

8. What are your hobbies? many (too many)

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? bible, any of Stephen Zweig, any of Dámaso Alonso (poetry)

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? (excluding MM) All quiet in the western front, Gone with the wind, The third man

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, Beatles

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? (Don't know american TV)

13. What are your favourite websites? IMBD, Project Gutemberg, Nasa (Astronomy Picture of the day)

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Everyone's dream: be happy

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Really don't know, I'm a beginner

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? Same answer

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
MM_Yvonne
1. How did you find ES? Looking for photos of marilyn

2. Why did you become a member? wanted to get to know other marilyn fans

3. Do you own a website? no

4. How old are you? turning 18 in a few months

5. Where do you live? stavanger, norway

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? boyfriend

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) just got out of school, looking for a job

8. What are your hobbies?music, drawing...+++

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? oh i don`t know, any good book about marilyn

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? never ending story, bruce almighty and the brakfast club

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand?vanessa carton blush.gif , gåte (norwegian) and system of a down

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand?oh....i don`t know really

13. What are your favourite websites? ES, marilynmonroe.com+++

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Go to LA

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? EVERYTHING!

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? Rare Pictures

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? no, not met, but corresponded

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? All of them, she was so clever thumbup1.gif
RobM
1. How did you find ES?
By chance, been coming and going for a while but only joined this week.
2. Why did you become a member?I've been in love with Marilyn since I was 17 - 14 years ago. I wanted to be in the company of like-minded people because I'm treated as a bit of a freak where I live!
3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?Nope
4. How old are you?31
5. Where do you live?
Bampton - little village around 20 miles from Oxford, England
6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f?Married Christmas 2003 in Lapland
Boring computer job
Finding new Marilyn pictures, watching her films, collecting anything Marilyn! I love writing and music, walking in the countryside, bit of a hippy at heart.
9. What are the 3 books you would recommand?'The Man Who Was Thursday' - G.K.Chesterton
'Brighton Rock' - Grahame Greene
'Look Homeward Angel' - Thomas Wolfe
10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?Moulin Rouge
American Beauty
Fight Club
Embrace
Rufus Wainwright
Bright Eyes
I want to write either one great book or a sitcom
15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site?Bit too early to say
26. What is your favourite section of the boards?I'm enjoying looking through the rare pictures at the mo as it's still my first few days but hope to be a bit more sociable soon!
28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote?'I just want to be wonderful'
knivey
1. How did you find ES? I was looking for hi-res Marilyn pics to see how she did her make-up.

2. Why did you become a member? Everything seemed so well put together. The design, the sections and what they contained, the galleries.. everything.

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's its addy? I don't own it per se, but I'm an administrator at Fangirl. It's a multiple fandom forum mostly dedicated to men, but it also has some space dedicated to the women we love wink3.gif It's basically just a fun, girlie playground.

4. How old are you? 18.

5. Where do you live? Norway.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Semi-boyfriend. Semi as in 'it's not too serious.. yet'.

7. What do you do for a living? (Or are you a student ? What do you study?) I'm a student. Well, I have a year off right now before I continue my studies. And I still go to what I guess is more or less the equivalent of American high school. Just.. different.

8. What are your hobbies? I'm quite hobbyless. Well, I read and watch movies and all that completely regular stuff, but I don't know if I consider that a hobby.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommend? The Lord of the Rings ('cause no one's read that already, right? o.O), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ('cause no one's read that either) and Underneath It All (Traci Lords' autobiography).

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommend? Boondock Saints, Big Fish and Finding Neverland. Okay, it's a tie between Finding Neverland and Sin City.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommend? Manic Street Preachers, Mr. Bungle and Julian Berntzen.

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommend? Lost (triple-digit exclamation marks here), Veronica Mars and The 4400.

13. What are your favourite websites? IMDb.com and Fangirl.

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? Oh wow, not really. I guess I'm not the ambitious type.

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? The artwork section.

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? From what I've seen so far... The Book Club, I think.

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? I'm a complete newbie, so no.

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? "No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't."
Dirrty_Blonde
1. How did you find ES? I found a link to it from a Marilyn fansite

2. Why did you become a member? I love Marilyn and it was nice to find people who loved her also.

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? yes i do. i have a livejournal. http://livejournal.com/users/pink_candy_girl . i also have a personal site. http://vibrance.enamorite.net . i plan on opening my domain jenneration.org soon.

4. How old are you? 23. 24 on July 31

5. Where do you live? Kansas . i was born and raised most of my life in Savannah Georgia

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? no. no. no im single just dating:)

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) im a student and i work in a clothing store.

8. What are your hobbies? i have tons. my lj covers those:)

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? To Kill A Mockingbird, Lemony Snicket series, Chronicles of Narnia series.

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?Mean Girls, Taxi, Cursed

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand?Spice Girls, Shelly Fairchild, Ashley Jade

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand?Daria, Trauma in the ER, CSI

13. What are your favourite websites? ES, Bebedawl Boards, my site lol

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? pictures

26. What is your favourite section of the boards?pictures and artwork

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? no. would be cool to someday.

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? I dont want to be famous, I just want to be wonderful
simplywonderful_monroefan
1. How did you find ES?
Surfing through the net looking at Marilyn sites and I came across this one!

I love Marilyn and sharing and discussing things about her

Simply Wonderful-coming soon! - Marilyn Monroe fansite (www.simplywonderful.tk)
Live Journal - Icon journal (www.livejournal.com/users/xmonroedesignsx)

4. How old are you?
17 1/2

5. Where do you live?
United States

nope...b/f last year

Student (senior in H.S.) and I work full time at Hobby Lobby

Photography, graphic design, internet

To Kill a Mockingbird
Gone With the Wind
Speak

Bye Bye Birdie (love the 50's era)
The Seven Year Itch
National Treasure (I love history stuff like that)

Avalon
Switchfoot
Mercy Me

Smallville
Gilmore Girls
Family Matters

Everlasting Star Boards (Everlasting-Star.net)
Marilyn Monroe Directory
Live Journal

my dream is pretty simple...I want to get married and have a big church wedding and start a family and just be housewife

it's all my favorite!

Artwork

no

"Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents."
Joanne
1. How did you find ES? Just surfing the internet after Marilyn

2. Why did you become a member? Because this seemed like a great, and nice place.. one of the best communities... and also because I love Marilyn!

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's its addy? I don't own any

4. How old are you? 19

5. Where do you live? Norway.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? single

7. What do you do for a living? (Or are you a student ? What do you study?) I'm a student. Well, I've hade a year off, been travelling.. but starting to study math and chemistry now, his fall..

8. What are your hobbies? hmm... the usual.. well, dont know if it's called hobies.. Hang with friends, shopping, go out clubbing

9. What are the 3 books you would recommend? 3 Norwegians one, so not sure you know them... But I really liked the book by Anthony Summers..Gudinnen, George Jacobs - Mr.S

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommend? Godfather, Dirty Dancing, Romeo and Juliet, Gone with the wind and casablanca... ooops more then 3. see i'm so bad at just mentioning a few

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommend? Frank Sinatra,

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommend? Sex and the City, E.R. and Lost.

13. What are your favourite websites? dont know

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? To become a doctor...maybe not so ambitious.. or, would love to one time play in a movie or at a theater..hehe

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? so many

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? so many

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?I'm a newbie, well joined a long time ago, but haven't been here in a while, cause i've been places in the world where they dont have easy internet access.

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? MANY!!! I cant just mention one.. impossible..
marilynsgirl82000
QUOTE(Mairi @ Mar 14 2005, 06:46 PM)
1. How did you find ES?

From the official Marilyn Monroe site

It's is A great forum!!

NO!! Don't know how to run A website. Not very computer savy blush.gif

4. How old are you?
35 going on 20!!! I refuse to act my age when possible

5. Where do you live?

Belleville, Illinois in USA

Married no children yet. Were working on it

I am A housewife

I exercise 4-5 days A week, I like to read, love doing puzzles

Donald Spoto Marilyn bio, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angle Novels, Any James Dean bio also.

The Aviator, House Of Wax, Star War Revenge Of The Sith

Marilyn Manson, James Marsters, Motley Crue
Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel (both in rerun) LOST!!!!!! Best new show on TV

Marilyn websites and Buffy and Angel sites

I want to be A good mother (I know corney)

message boards

Pictures

NO

" I don't mind living in men's world as long as I can be A woman in it"
baby_rafa
1. How did you find ES? My friend Zelda Zonk told me about it after my regular community expired

2. Why did you become a member? Because i love Marilyn and love meeting new people that love Marilyn aswell

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?no i dont

4. How old are you? 14

5. Where do you live? montreal, Canada

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? not yet but i m looking out blush.gif

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) i'm a student

8. What are your hobbies? Playing sports such as tennis, soccer and volley ball, listening to music, daydreaming, and drawing

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? --i dont read much

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? Bend It Like Beckham, Desperado, Some Like It Hot

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Papi Sanchez, Zion y Lennox, Shakira

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens

13. What are your favourite websites?breathless.ws , vamosrafael.com, everlasting-star.net

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? I wish to be a prifessional tennis player and win the title as the Wimbledon Champion!

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Community..so far

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? i havent checked them out yet

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? not yet, but i am hopit to meet some1

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? I don't care about money, i just want to be wonderful! and many many many more.. thumbup1.gif
normas_biggest_fan
1. How did you find ES? Just surfing the internet for Marilyn

2. Why did you become a member? I love Marilyn and I couldn't find another good Marilyn site...this one is the best

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's its addy? I don't own any

4. How old are you? 17

5. Where do you live? Raleigh North Carolina.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? serious relationship with boyfriend

7. What do you do for a living? (Or are you a student ? What do you study?) I'm a student...I study filmmaking...

8. What are your hobbies? Writting, clubbing, the usual

9. What are the 3 books you would recommend? The Phantom of the Opera, The Club Dumas, Wicked

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommend? Casablanca, Moulin Rouge, 7 year itch.

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommend? Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommend? Friends, Sex and the City, Beauty and the Geek

13. What are your favourite websites? does google count?

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? I want to be a bid hollywood director

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? so many

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? The Gallery

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?I'm a newbie so....

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? Every little girl should be told she's beautiful even if she's not...
poning
1. How did you find ES? Searching the web...

2. Why did you become a member? Same purpose of focusing on images. The hi-res pics, yes thounds of pictures.

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? yes, but not yet completed. It's about only myself.

4. How old are you? born in 1977. So how old am I? oh my god. I forgot my age.
Maybe 29.

5. Where do you live? kyunggido, in korea.

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Not married. of course no child.

Recently I have no job.

8. What are your hobbies? Looking for monroe's pictures on the web. or Cooking.
Reading Bible or prophey books. Listening to Music.(almost all day long)

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? First, Bible Second, Nostrdamus's prophecy books, Third, The thorn birds

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? Nigara, gone with the wind,
other hongkong moves.

Leslie Cheung(Hongkong's great entertainer, he was a actor and singer)
MJ(you guys who he is, I think he is an Art)

I don't watch TV.

13. What are your favourite websites? Here ES and other monroe's sites, my e-mail site.

Yes....

First I want to have my own house, decorated with marilyn monroe's pictures in Frame all over the walls. (Right now I am trying to...)
Second, I want to make websites about my favorites(Dreaming, Monroe...etc)
Third, I want to study about prophecy(Bible, Dreaming, Nostradams, Astrology)

Board section

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? Pictures and artwork

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? No...How?

I've been never heard I was pretty when I was young. Chindren should be heard pretty even if she is not.(I first met this quote in 1998)
babi_tyler
aww i loooove aswer survey

1. How did you find ES?searchin Marilyn's sites

2. Why did you become a member? cuz i looooev forums lol

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? yup..well i have 2 fotologs, take a look =D
http://www.fotolog.net/_marilynmonroe
http://www.fotolog.net/_nodoubt

4. How old are you? 15 =]

5. Where do you live?Brazil

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f?nope, nope, gf 0=D

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) i do nothing lol...just study im in hight school

8. What are your hobbies?listen NO DOUBT and MADONNA wub.gif , watch movies, all another little things lol

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? hmmm bridget jones [1/2]

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?moulin rouge!!!all of marilyn, lost and delirious

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? No Doubt!!! Madonna!!! Kylie Minogue

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? i dont like tv =P

13. What are your favourite websites? Hmmm
http://www.greenerpastures.us
http://www.everythingintime.com
http://www.orkut.com =D

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day?yeah...well its particular..soo lol

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site?everything! lol

26. What is your favourite section of the boards?gallery =D

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?nope hehehe

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? "I learned to walk as a baby and I haven't had a lesson since." and many others

marilynbybrandon_190.gif
TheBlondeRockStar
Ooh, i do like doing these;

1. How did you find ES?
I can't really remember, i think it was just through looking at many monroe sites

Because i wanted to find out more about her and to meet people that also have a soft spot for her because none of my friends do!

I dont at the moment but i might make one soon

4. How old are you?
15 but 16 in 14 days!

5. Where do you live?
England

Sadly single!

I have just finished Secondary School and will soon go to Sixth Form to study English Literature, English Language, Psychology and something-that-i-havent-yet-decided

Drawing, Graphic Design, Dancing, Music - playing, listening e.t.c, Photography and Films

The Nanny - Melissa Nathan, Harry Potter! and i cant remember the titles of any others atm!

Some like it hot (Of Course) but none Monroe-wise er Never been Kissed and Lord of the Rings

I love the Kaiser Chiefs, Something Corporate and Oasis/Queen

Alias, 55 Degrees North and The O.C

Handbag.com for the latest news e.t.c, this site and BBC.co.uk because they have everything!

Gosh, i couldnt narrow it down to just one, i really want to work in the media and meet amazing, inspirational figures. As well as working with Formula 1 somehow.

The 'ographies

I don't know yet, i havent explored them all!

No

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. I know because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents. - I think thats the right wording?
nicky62
QUOTE(mels @ Oct 16 2004, 03:41 PM)
Here's a little (hopefully fun) survey I encourage everyone to play with. It will help us know eachother a bit more  biggrin.gif

1. How did you find ES? A very dear friend recomended to join

2. Why did you become a member?I LOVE MARILYN and trading

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?no not yet no.gif

4. How old are you?40 banana.gif

5. Where do you live?puerto Rico

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f?Long term relationship

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?)Hair and makeup artist

8. What are your hobbies?Collecting Marilyn, old movies , drawing

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand?My sister Marilyn , Marilyns last words , the murder of marilyn

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?Some like it hot, Prince and the showgirl , Interview with a Vampire

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand?Ella Fitzgerlad, Bette Midler , Judy Garland

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand?Queer as folk, Will and Grace And any on our Marilyn

13. What are your favourite websites?  Es  banana.gif

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? yes to own a gown worn by Marilyn

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Photos clapping.gif

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? Sharing our stuff in big Scans Thanx Guys !!!!

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? Sabine in 1992 , think he doesnt remember Gregory took me to his home ! clapping.gif Thnk i got pics gotta search

"It's funny i've been on a calendar but never on time " banana.gif and yes the jumpy banana is one of my faves throb.gif Nicky62
[snapback]63986[/snapback]

MrSpatz
1. How did you find ES?
Surfing around for Marilyn pics.

To drool over the Marilyn pics naughty.gif (sorry to be such a guy. lol)

I started up a Joey Ramone tribute site that never really took off. Most of the people that promised to write tributes never got back to me.
http://www.grantatterbury.fsnet.co.uk

4. How old are you?

5. Where do you live?
England

no.gif

I've been trying to make money doing graphic art but haven't had much luck, so I guess that would make me unemployed.

Making art, cooking, reading, playing videogames, watching dvd's.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommend?
Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk
The Assasination of Marilyn Monroe
Madhur Jaffrie's Ultimate Curry Bible

Desperado (the Rob Roduigez one)
Faster Pussycat....Kill! Kill!
End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones

Ramones
New York Dolls
Dead Boys

TV mostly sucks. I would recommend staying up late and seeing if there are any decent movies on.

Anything with pictures of beautiful actresses on is good.

To make a living doing graphic art of some kind.

Sorry again for being such a guy, but 'pics and scans' rules.

The 'Bikini pics' thread

No

Apologies for being unoriginal but.."Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents."
filthy22
1. How did you find ES? Surfing on net, looking for interesting sites on my idol, Marilyn!!

2. Why did you become a member? I loved the site and wanted to meet more people who like Marilyn!!

Nope i dnt, sorry!! no.gif

4. How old are you? 19

5. Where do you live? A little town called Normanton, in West Yorkshire, England

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Nope, am single at the mo!!

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) Iam a student and i study acting at HND [ Higher National Diploma ] level, i really love it biggrin.gif

8. What are your hobbies? I love acting, singing, watching movies, listening to music, i also love art and collecting Marilyn Monroe stuff.

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? I love the Harry Potter books and also Lord of the rings. I love reading autobiography's...the last one i read was Victim: The secret tapes of Marilyn Monroe - I really found it intruiging.

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? oooh, tough one!! I love Lost in Translation, The Nightmare before Christmas and Donnie Darko. But i recommend any Monty Python movie laugh.gif

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? An, other tough one, but i love Suede, The pixies and The Killers

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? I love Friends, Lost and the simple life.

13. What are your favourite websites? i dnt think i have one...i love this site [ of course!!] but i mainly use search engines to find what i need laugh.gif

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? I would absolutley love to become an actress!!!

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? i love the pictures...there are many ive never seen before, that i have now had the pleasure to see since becoming member of the site!!

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? gallery

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote?IF I HAD OBSERVED ALL THE RULES, I’D NEVER HAVE GOTTEN ANYWHERE." I think that says it all really!! jumpymm.gif

Love from Carrie
xxxxxxx
Robby
1. How did you find ES: Surfing around on Google, and found this!
2. Why did you become a member: I love talking about Marilyn, and I love meeting new people!
3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy: I own many websites, but the best is about Marilyn, http://www.freewebs.com/unabridged-marilyn
4. How old are you: 13
5. Where do you live: Holland, in the province Groningen!
6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f: Nothing at the moment.
7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?): I'm a student, and I study HAVO/VWO.
8. What are your hobbies: Singing, acting, listen to music, internet, Marilyn, Anne Frank and many more!!
9. What are the 3 books you would recommand: Donald Spoto's: Marilyn, Adam Victor's: Marilyn Encyclopedia, and I also love Nicky Giles: Marilyn album!
10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand: This is hard, I love movies, and I can't choose!
11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand: MARILYN MONROE! Tina Turner and Kate Bush.
12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand: Pfff, de 25, Shownieuws, Animal Planet programs!
13. What are your favourite websites: This one, Marloes' website, Romanov website, some of my own, so many actually!
14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day: I want to be a writer, and someday maybe a singer or actor!
15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site: Everything!
26. What is your favourite section of the boards: Hmm, I love pictures, and The General section.
27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members: Nope.
28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote: So many, but I would pick: 'Dogs never bite, just humans.'
sam
QUOTE(mels @ Oct 16 2004, 09:41 PM) [snapback]63986[/snapback]
Here's a little (hopefully fun) survey I encourage everyone to play with. It will help us know eachother a bit more biggrin.gif

I found this website by meditating on the Bert Stern Last Photos and taking Oxycontin and Ambien and Scotch. I woozed right over to this homage, listening to her and her worshiper.
Ileana
1. How did you find ES? Sheer luck! Looking for Marilyn sites as usual throb.gif
2. Why did you become a member? So I can get to know Marilyn encyclopaedias thumbup1.gif
3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? I wish! I'm a computer idiot blush.gif
4. How old are you? 23
5. Where do you live? Bucharest, Romania
6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? A wonderful b/f
7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) I am doing my Masters's degree in Psychology
8. What are your hobbies? Marilyn, tennis, reading, martial arts, Renaissance art
9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? Anything by Garcia Marquez, 'Illusions' by Richard Bach, 'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco
10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? 'Some Like It Hot', 'All about Eve', 'The Seven Year Itch'
11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Queen, Eels, Muse
12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? I don't watch much TV
13. What are your favourite websites? ES is my love right now throb.gif thumbup1.gif
14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? How embarrassing... laugh.gif Being famous... blush.gif
15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Pictures!!!! mf_w00t1.gif
26. What is your favourite section of the boards? Rare pics mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif mf_w00t1.gif
28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? 'Dogs never bite me, only humans do' no.gif
Blondie
1. How did you find ES? Looking for Marilyn sites !

2. Why did you become a member? Haha, cause I think I'm sitting at source here biggrin.gif

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? Me are you kidding?

4. How old are you? 16

5. Where do you live? Essen in Germany

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Nope rolleyes1.gif

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) Still going to school, to get the diploma from German secondary school qualifying for university admission or matriculation
cool ha? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif After that I wanna study art or drama!

8. What are your hobbies? basketball,sauna, drawing, writing, cooking,acting, Renaissance art,Marilyn Monroe, my dog, to work out, traveling, history, speaking spanish, movies, day dreaming...

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? The Lord of the Rings by "J.R.R Tolkien", Cancer Schmancer by "Fran Drescher", Illuminati by "Dan Brown"

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? "Some Like It Hot", "Last from the Blast", "The Lord of the rings"

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Cher, Bon Jovi, Anastacia

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? "The Nanny"!!!! "The x-files", "Charmend"

13. What are your favourite websites? ES, www.xfiles-mania.de , www.fran-drescher.com

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? I wanna be an good artist!

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? Pictures, General disscusion

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? movie pics

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?*lol* No laugh.gif

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? "Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul" thumbup1.gif
emelie
1. How did you find ES? looking for marilyn fansites on google

2. Why did you become a member? because you can ask questions here and look at all the pictures

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy?no, I dont

4. How old are you?17

5. Where do you live?Stockholm, Sweden

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? No, im seventeen

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?)I study at the upper secondary school, society.

8. What are your hobbies? I like to play with my dog, post here at ES and be with my friends.... laughing...

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? The tuesdays with Morrie, Happiness (dala i lama book) and the alkemist, lauren bacall speaks about marilyn in her book myself...

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand?... I dont know... titanic, theres to many!

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? U2, Madonna...

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? dont look at any...

13. What are your favourite websites? ES, thumbup1.gif

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? not really...

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? the Hqs

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? all the pictures but especially the pictures of norma jeane....

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members?no

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote?"Dogs never bite me. Just humans."
~Marilyn&Xtina~
1. How did you find ES?
Everlasting star was an affiliate @ some marilyn site i was visiting!

Cause i love Marilyn.

No.

4. How old are you?
17 years old.

5. Where do you live?
Australia

Boyfriend.

Student in Year 12.

Marilyn, Christina & Shopping.

Marilyn's Biography....

Some Like It Hot, Gentleman Prefer Blondes & How To Marry A Millionaire.

Christina Aguilera, The Veronicas & The Butterfly Effect.

Home & Away, Desperate Housewives & PrisonBreak.

christina-crazy, christinamultimedia & christinasource.

To find out the truth about Marilyn's death.

Pictures.

All of it...

No.

I've been on a calender, but never on time!
acechip21
1. How did you find ES? I found ES on another Marilyn website under the links section

2. Why did you become a member? Because this was the most informational, and respectable resource on Marilyn

3. Do you own a website? If so, what is it about, and what's it's addy? N/A

4. How old are you? 23

5. Where do you live? Illinois, United States

6. Married? Children? G/f or B/f? Divorced, I have a 16 month old son, Zachary, and I have a current boyfriend of 1 year

7. What do you do for your living? (or are you a student ? what do you study?) I am a nurse, and am going to school to become a physician's assistant.

8. What are your hobbies? reading, poetry, friends and family, playing with my son, bubble baths, outdoor stuff

9. What are the 3 books you would recommand? "In her Shoes" by Jennifer Weiner, "Summer Sister's" by Judy Blume, and the Harry Potter books

10. What are the 3 movies you would recommand? In her Shoes, The Notebook, and Mr and Mrs. Smith

11. What are the 3 bands/singers you would recommand? Guns N Roses, Weezer, and Queen

12. What are the 3 TV Shows you would recommand? Friends, CSI, Talk Soup

13. What are your favourite websites? ES of course, ivillage, and eonline

14. Do you have a particular "big dream", one that you hope to fullfill some day? just to be happy

15. Back to ES... what is your favourite section of the main site? artwork and remembering Marilyn

26. What is your favourite section of the boards? every little bit of it!

27. Have you ever met one of your fellow ES members? nope but want to

28. What is your favourite Marilyn quote? "It's nice to be included in people's fantasies, but you also like to be accepted for your own sake."
Lauren Michele
ooops!!!! sorry!!!
Lauren Michele
1. How did you find ES? I was looking for Marilyn links!!!

2. Why did you become a member? I wanted to be a part of all this wonderful stuff.

3. Do you own a website? No.

4. How old are you? 38

5. Where do I live? USA! CT.

6. Married? YES.

7. What do I do for a living? I am a mom of 2.

8. What are your hobbies? Loving Marilyn, Music, I use to draw but I lost my nerve.

9. 3 books I would recommend? Elton John's life story, I can't think w00t.gif

10. 3 movies I would recommend? Gone with the Wind, Immortal Beloved, A Beautiful Mind.

11. 3 Bands/ singers I would recommend? Marvin Gaye, The Byrds, The 4 Tops.

12. 3 TV shows I would recommend? Forensic Files, Seinfield, Curb your Enthusiasm.

13. My favorite Website!!! Everlasting Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Do I have a particular dream one that you hope to fulfill some day? To get well.

15. What is my favorite section of the boards? Pictures.

ooops????
27. Have you ever met one of you fellow ES members? Not yet!

28. What is your favorite Marilyn quote? I've never been on time but i've been on a calendar!!!!
Laura
1. How did you find ES?
Someone on another MM forum recommended it to me.

A new place to celebrate MM and discuss different aspects about her with new people is a joy jumpymm.gif

Nope, but I do have myspace. If you want to add me, look in my profile.

4. How old are you?
I am 18.

5. Where do you live?
I live in Inverness, Scotland.

I'm single for the moment.

I am just starting a new job as a Junior Office Assistant but I do hope to go to University next year to study music, drama and psychology.

Music is one of my main hobbies. I play guitar and bass guitar, as well as singing and writing my own songs. Collecting and watching old movies is a great pass time! thumbup1.gif I write poems too and I draw, which I can only do if I feel like it because if I say I'll sit down to draw, nothing will happen. I love collecting stuff to!

• "Girl, Interrupted" by Susanna Kaysen
  • "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath
  • "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by you know who, hehe!
  • "Girl, Interrupted"
  • "Some Like It Hot"
  • "The Butterfly Effect"
  • No Doubt
  • Lacuna Coil
  • Within Temptation
  • Without A Trace
  • 8 Simple Rules
  • Dead Famous
Well, the websites I visit most regularly is emptyspiral.com (Lacuna Coil), marilynmonroe.com, evboard.com (Evanescence), imdb.com and thejudyroom.com (Judy Garland).

One of my biggest dreams is to star in a musical. Since I was a kid I've always wanted to be in a musical or just films. Over the past 4 or 5 years I've become more interested in music itself and I'd love to form a band and go on tour banana.gif

As with most sites I like the news section because some sites have news on someone that others don't. I always like the forums too clapping.gif

I like all of it!

Nope, I don't think I have.

Oooh, I have a few but right now its
"[Hollywood is] a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.