Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Favourite Marilyn Movie
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's movies
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nina
I know it's a hard question to vote because I like many of her movies but however, let's see which one is ES's #1 wub.gif Marilyn movie?

Let's vote niagarasing.gif asgtg4katie.gif busstop.gif dancingmm2_279_203.gif htmamillion_200.gif misfitspaddle_153.gif riverofnoreturn.gif runninwild.gif syimarilyn_161_733.gif the movie's, ladies & gentlemen wink3.gif
sillygirl
I voted for "Bus Stop" cause that movie that MM did was her best!!! wink3.gif
filthy22
I love all her movies, but at the moment im really liking 'how yo marry a millionaire'. She just makes me chuckle so much in that movie, she's a very talented comedienne and actress

Love Carrie
xxxx htmamillion_200.gif laughing1.gif
clycla
QUOTE(sillygirl @ Oct 9 2005, 06:39 PM) [snapback]90136[/snapback]
I voted for "Bus Stop" cause that movie that MM did was her best!!! wink3.gif

Me too, I agree with u!

CLARA
LostHurlyFan
Some Like it Hot was the movie that got me interested in learning more about Marilyn and bacame A HUGE fan as well.
rose
Hmm,I haven't voted but it claims that I have laugh.gif
Anyways so many wonderful movies...My favorite is still Niagara niagarasing.gif
marilyn89
Some like it hot was THE BEST!!! jumpymm.gif
Scottish Sugar
For me, Some Like It Hot goes without even saying.

That is not only Marilyns best movie of all time but the movie itself is the best movie of all time!!

But everyone knows that..... so I'd like to give a special mention to "gentlemen prefer blondes" I could honestly watch that film over and over again, it's such a joy to see.

Marilyn and Jane are just PERFECTLY cast together.

I also love, SYI, HTMAM, DBTK, and Niagra.
melslovepotion
For me dont bother to knock was my fav! The reason being was Marilyn's performance. Everything was stripped down all the hype and glitter and got to the core of Marilyns true acting ability. Her true talent really shined and blew me away I hope it broke a lot of barriers for people who thought shes wasnt much of an actress.
Tara
I find this impossible to answer, because I love so many of her films in different ways. however, I'd like to put it in a good word for The Misfits. Probably Marilyn's most mature performance, although sad in a way too.

misfitspaddle_153.gif
Blondie
QUOTE(filthy22 @ Oct 24 2005, 06:13 PM) [snapback]91168[/snapback]
I love all her movies, but at the moment im really liking 'how yo marry a millionaire'. She just makes me chuckle so much in that movie, she's a very talented comedienne and actress

Love Carrie
xxxx htmamillion_200.gif laughing1.gif

well yepp she is so funny in that movie, with her glasses and I love Betty Grable and Mrs. Bacall coolio.gif , but then I voted for "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" because I love to hear her sing and with Jane Russel together just perfect!!!!!!!! clapping.gif
Tiina
I voted for Bus Stop, because it's such a fine comedy! It makes me laugh and happy and Marilyn is very cute as Cherry... no I mean Cherie! busstop.gif

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is also a movie which I like. There's no need to tell why, I think everybody knows that it simply rocks throb.gif diamondsdancing.gif
Blondie
QUOTE(Tiina @ Dec 27 2005, 09:50 PM) [snapback]95111[/snapback]
I voted for Bus Stop, because it's such a fine comedy! It makes me laugh and happy and Marilyn is very cute as Cherry... no I mean Cherie! busstop.gif

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is also a movie which I like. There's no need to tell why, I think everybody knows that it simply rocks throb.gif diamondsdancing.gif

No I come to think of it! I watched Bus Stop and wow isn't she a swetheart throb.gif I love her accent *lol*
the Cherry/ Cherie thing is just cool! thumbup1.gif
Well but "Some like it hot" is my fave ever!!!!!!!!!!! SO DAMN funny! laugh.gif
Robby
I voted 'Some Like It Hot', MM was funny and looked sexy.
She also had beauiful costumes, my favorites are the 'I Wanna Beloved By You' costume, 'Running Wild' costume and 'I'm Thru With Love' Costume.

Marilyn played and sung well, I love the songs from 'Some Like It Hot', my favorites are 'Running Wild', 'Some Like It Hot', 'I Wanna Beloved By You'. I liked the part were Tony Curtis and Marilyn are in theback of the train, with the big block of ice, with her funny quote: 'I always get the fuzzy end of lollipop.' Made me laugh biggrin.gif.
sweetseb24
I voted BUS STOP, course she was so great in that thumbup1.gif
Maryleen_McBeat
I voted the Misfits. It's very difficult to vote, I love all, but I voted for the Misfits. Don't know why, but I think about this movie everyday or thru the day, and think about Marilyn in this period.
Paju
I just realized I haven't told what movie I voted. I don't think it's a surprise though - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, what else rolleyes1.gif
ziggy
As a movie, SLIH is her best without competition. Marilyn's best performance was in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes where she not only took the (not-so-)dumb-blonde thing to the extreme but also gave a virtuoso portrayal of a flesh-and-blood human being. It's truly one of the greatest comedic performances in film history.

Of course, she was so skilled she was good in just about anything (with the possible exception of River of No Return), and that's why I voted for the movie I like the best, not the movie I think Marilyn was at her best in.
Charli
Marilyn's best comedic performance by far (for me) was in Prince and The Showgirl!
Her timing is just genius!
Remember when she says "Oh, that poor hungarian...I do hope he gets his love back!" laugh.gif
I love the scene where she is just rambling on and on about the prince's hair while he is trying to bed her down! jumpymm.gif
Beautiful performance in what is considered to be a rather average film!
But it is my favbopurite film...I like those political comedies...not alot of people understand it. I think you have to know a lot about the lead up to World War 1 in order to understand it.

Her best dramatic performance is in Bus Stop, even though it is a "comedy".
Those tears were real I tell you! No gliserine (spelt that wrong! laugh.gif ) on that baby face!

But her BEST film was Some Like It Hot!

The film with the most artistic integrity was The Misfits...another one of my favourites!

Her most entertaining film was Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

...These are all my favourite films for different reasons...so its difficult to decide!

But one things for sure, her worst film was There's no Bussiness Like Showbussiness!
A close second is River Of No Return!
Awful, Awful films!
No wonder she left Hollywood a year later! I would have aswell!
No producer would put me in a piece of crap like that and get away with it!!!!
AmandaHavok
i voted for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...she is so funny in that movie!..my favorite part is when she gets stuck in the window!..i just love it!
meztisa
It was so hard choosing over Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Some Like It Hot! Both were definately comedic masterpieces! But I chose GPB, because I adore "Bye Bye Baby". She sang it so sensually, Betty Grable just couldn't have mastered it as well as our Marilyn. Also, Jane Russell and Marilyn make the perfect Hollywood pair!! *sings Two Little Girls from Little Rock* dancingmm2_279_203.gif
SAiKARO
i voted for gentelman prefer blondes! she is so adorable in that movie and i absolutley love the diamonds are a girl's best friend performance! diamondsdancing.gif
Katri^
runninwild.gif This is a very hard question, but Some like it hot is so great as a movie, not just because of Marilyn.
Mannis
I voted Bus Stop, because it's her best performance. I also love movies Some Like It Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Something's Got to Give throb.gif
DouglasFir
It's gotta be Some Like It Hot - the movie that first made me fall in love with Marilyn! throb.gif
Dano
I voted for GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES too. I love this movie..
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(SAiKARO @ Jun 22 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]108015[/snapback]
i voted for gentelman prefer blondes! she is so adorable in that movie and i absolutley love the diamonds are a girl's best friend performance! diamondsdancing.gif

Caroline, I also voted for GPB and my main reason also like you said, Marilyn's performance. When at the very beginning of the song she screeches out NO!....She sounds so adorable! Her face looks so cute laugh.gif
Lauren M.
SAiKARO
QUOTE(Lauren Michele @ Jul 28 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]110488[/snapback]
Caroline, I also voted for GPB and my main reason also like you said, Marilyn's performance. When at the very beginning of the song she screeches out NO!....She sounds so adorable! Her face looks so cute laugh.gif
Lauren M.

that part is so cute ^-^
filthy22
QUOTE(SAiKARO @ Jul 29 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]110596[/snapback]
that part is so cute ^-^

laugh.gif i adore that part. that voice is cute!

Love Carrie
xxxxxxxxxx
AniTraf
I voted "Let's Make Love", but Niagra comes in a very close second! niagarasing.gif
thegirl
I absolutely LOVE "Some Like It Hot"! I love Marilyn's outfits in this movie -- especially the one with the heart on the back. Also, Jack Lemmon is hysterical in this film -- dancing with the millionaire.
luvmm
I agree with TheGirl, Some Like It Hot was really great! I think Jack Lemmon was one of the funniest people that ever lived...Great choice. thumbup1.gif
Dano
Gentlemen prefer blondes
Some like it hot
Niagara
Bus Stop
meganmarilyn
"Ladies Of The Chorus"

For me it is because of the songs and dance numbers in the movie, the 1st real showcase of her talent. Listen to 'Anyone Can See I Love You' or 'Every Baby Needs A Da Da Daddy'. So much depth and sadness in those particular songs. She was at that point of her career where her future was at an unknown. She didn't have a secure movie contract, being dumped by Fox.
BlueBelle
It's so difficult for me decide just for one, altough I didn't see all her movies yet, but here you can vote for one, and my vote was for Niagara niagarasing.gif
MMgirl192
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is definitley my favorite, she gave a great performance and I love her voice. Second would have to the Misfits. Clark Gable, Monty Clift, and Marilyn are my three favorite actors so of course I loved it.
and I love All About Eve but that was more of a Bette Davis movie than a Marilyn one.
miss.claudia.moncherie
I COULD WATCH GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDE WITHOUT GETTING TIRED ... MUST BE BECAUSE IT WAS THE FIRST MARILYN MOVIE I EVER WATCHED!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!
dwane
i voted for gentlemen prefer blondes! i love that movie!
LindsayLove
SOme like it hot, It was the first movie that Ive seen of Marilyn and she was awesome in it. Jack Lemmon was also SO funny. He made parts of that movie. And Tony Curtis is love. throb.gif

BTW dwane I LOVE your avvie! jumpymm.gif
RetroLove
I voted for Niagara It holds a special place because its the first Marilyn movie I watched. marilynbybrandon_190.gif
graceadler
I think her best movie was Some Like it Hot but I my favorite is either Seven Year Itch, which was the first Marilyn movie I ever saw, or How to Marry a Millionare marilynbybrandon_190.gif
annette
I voted for Bus stop although it really is too difficult to say just 1 favorite movie! I usually reply Some like it hot when Iīm asked for my favorite Marilyn movie,but I decided to go for Bus stop this time cos I really canīt decide between those two
missmarilyn
I can't say my favorite! I love Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Some Like It Hot, How To Marry A Millionaire and Let's Make Love. Can I vote "all of the above"?
JanCollector
Only one of Marilyn's I truly DON'T like is "There's No Business Like Show Business".
rachaelray
My all-time favorite Marilyn Movie is Niagara. I think it has withstood the test of time, it doesn't come off as an 'older' film, as a few of my friends will not watch any old movies but they actually sat through Niagara and enjoyed it.
aldanamarilyn
I voted for Some like it hot... but my favorite movie is Bus Stop busstop.gif i love it!!!!!!
susieta
My favorite is "Some like it hot" because it was the first one that I saw jumpymm.gif
~TheGirl~
I dont know if its as popular but i'm really liking "Lets Make Love" just now. But my favourite Marilyn movie changes quite alot
Elsie Marina
i quite like lets amke love, i watched it when i was in hospital the other week although i always scenene skip to marilyns enterance, i voted for the prince and the showgirl cause it was one of the first marilyn films i ever saw and i loved it so much that i always use elsie marina as an internet alias! jumpymm.gif
~TheGirl~
O cool Nicola you from Scotland so am i smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.