Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Confidential Magazines
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Magazines & articles discussion
dumbashley
does anyboby have any articles or covers of marilyn in confidential magazine?
la mite
bye1.gif
suusmarie
November 1956 biggrin.gif

balloon.gif Suusmarie
suusmarie
I posted them in the right order but unfortunally it is all scrambled up somehow cry.gif...
dumbashley
thanks a lot, does anybody have any of the covers and articles talking about marilyn and frank sinatra
Stacy
Great article Suusmarie! Thanks so much for Sharing it.
Poor Marilyn, don't you know this was embarrasing for her.
suusmarie
I can imagine Marilyn not liking this article. But...how true a story is it really hmm.gif , Confidential Magazine seems a bit of a gossip magazine. A dark side of fame is probably that people, even when you are alive, make up all kinds of stories about you mf_tongue.gif !

hug.gif Suusmarie
Kadri
Other covers from Ebay!

, coolio.gif Kadri
Kadri
from MM-Cover Girl group!!!!

coolio.gif
mels
Hi guys,

It seems that an issue of Confidential Magazine, published in May 1957, contained an interview of our dear friend Robert Slatzer, in which he talked about MM and their sexual adventures. As it seems this is the first publication ever to talk about a possible relationship between Slatzer and Marilyn, and considering it was published during Marilyn's lifetime, I was wondering if any of you had this magazine, and if so if you would be willing to share some scans here.

There's a bit of information about this article here

Thanks a bunch ! diamondsdancing.gif
Stacy
redsitting.gif mm

The article has Marilyn living at the Castilia Drive address, but by December when the incident takes place, she was living at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

In the article it states, "in June 1952, six months earlier...", which would make it talking about December 1952.

And if it's December, what is Joe DiMaggio doing on tv? Hasn't baseball season ended by December?

Also, there is no mention of a marriage between MM and Slatzer.
mels
Stacy... you are the best !! banana.gif clapping.gif

Thank you SO much ! dancingmm2_279_203.gif
mels
My God... I just read the article... And pardon my words but... what a pile of crap ! I can't believe it is SO disrespectful. They treat Marilyn like a whore, and this angers me even more that Slatzer made so much money out of his stories about Marilyn... My God...

I have never, ever respected this guy... but now I have this feeling of utter disgust for him. What a SHAME.

Interesting to see that there is absolutely no mention of any marriage of any kind... obviously the story wasn't catching enough so he added the wedding thing later on.

Stacy, thank you so much for sharing this with us ! thumbup1.gif throb.gif
Tara
Thanks Stacy ... gosh, what a sleazy article. Whatever friendship there was between Marilyn and Slatzer would surely have ended when this was published. Personally, I doubt they were ever close. I see him as an obsessive 'fan'.
sweetnormajean
Thank you Stacy!!! clapping.gif
Stacy
There is evidence that they were friends of some sort, per Whitey Snyder and Dorothy Kilgallen. But I don't know just how close and I do not believe the marriage story. I do not believe they remained lifelong friends. In 1957 Marilyn would have shuddered to have this kind of story printed about her.
eddie
Anyone have the articles for these or ather Confidential mags. Early 1955 in particular?
diamonds
smile1.gif
suusmarie
September 1954 & November 1960, enjoy thumbup1.gif
CYRILPARIS
Thank you Suus!!!
but it's September 1955 not 1954
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif another...Including a second article which mentions MM...
suusmarie
clapping.gif
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif from pulpinternational.com
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif There is a 2018 book about Confidential magazine - Here is the cover and a link:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3884126...al-confidential
Adding picture from a 2006 book that's available at Amazon.com
Stacy
The Sept 1954 Cover and first page of article have already been posted by Suus. Make sure before you post that things have not previously been posted.
Tara
QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Mar 26 2020, 12:35 AM) *
marilynbybrandon_190.gif There is a 2018 book about Confidential magazine - Here is the cover and a link:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3884126...al-confidential
Adding picture from a 2006 book that's available at Amazon.com

I reviewed the 2018 book here, for anyone who's interested...

Marilyn in Hollywood: The 'Confidential' Years
Stacy
Thank you. We'll give it a look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.