Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn's signiture at the chinese thearter
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn Trivia
marilynpixie1786
I wasn't sure where to post this so i will post it here, anyways i was reading in my Unseen Archives book on Marilyn, and it said that Marilyn really wanted a diamond to dot the "i" in her name but she settled with a rhinestone instead, but then a collectible hunter stole it!! I couldn't believe that!! (if anybody didn't know this already) biggrin.gif jumpymm.gif
Norma
I guess a real diamond would have vanished even quicker!

She also suggested (jokingly) that she could sit in the cement so that they could have a print of her beautiful behind instead of the normal foot and hand prints...

diamondsdancing.gif
Paju
Yep, someone indeed stole that rhinestone almost immediately. But that one has been replaced with another rhinestone smile1.gif
And in addition to that joke that she could sit in the cement, she also suggested that Jane Russell put her breast imprints to the cement. I wonder if they really have done this, how many people would have tried to see if their boobs and booties matched Marilyn and Jane's (cause I know I tried my hands on Marilyn's handprints and they fit perfectly!! biggrin.gif) laughing.gif
~Paju~
marilynmonroe517
i think that is so cute of her to think of puting a rinestone in that, just shows how her mind works,..very cute. makes it really stand out from the rest of the sigs there.
desertrosetd
Question: Under her signature and below the hand and footprints, towards the lower right side of her square at the theater is a round print, almost like of a breast or an elbow or something, do you guys know what that is or could be...like there's definitely something else there that made a dent in the cement at the time that is now of course dried up in there...
Thanks
:')
(P.s: im sure it could be seen in a picture of it or something)
MM_Yvonne
i looked at a pic of it and i`m sorry but i didn`t see a thing!
BrianM
I cant see it either but im gonna be in hollywood this saturday so ill look at it and tell youguys if i see anything sadballerina.gif -Brian
nathalie
I think there was a diamond but it was stolen.
Val
QUOTE(nathalie @ Jul 12 2004, 04:07 PM)
I think there was a diamond but it was stolen.
[snapback]57390[/snapback]

it was a rhinestone and it was indeed stolen.
BrianM
(Question: Under her signature and below the hand and footprints, towards the lower right side of her square at the theater is a round print, almost like of a breast or an elbow or something, do you guys know what that is or could be...like there's definitely something else there that made a dent in the cement at the time that is now of course dried up in there...) i looked for it and didnt see anything except that the signature has been chipping a little -Brian unsure.gif
Jennifermarie87
i was there on saturday(my first time!!) and i didnt see any chip...
my hands fit perfect too!
marilyn
I have a picture of the imprints and zoomed in but i can't find anything that looks like a niple or a elbow to me.
Katri^
Did Jane and Marilyn put their shoes also in that cement? I've heard that somewhere. ( Sorry, my english is not very good )
Young
Yes, Katri! They wrote their names, placed their hands and stood in the cement. They also wrote "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" across both squares.
meztisa
QUOTE(Norma @ Dec 24 2003, 11:16 PM) [snapback]43248[/snapback]
I guess a real diamond would have vanished even quicker!
She also suggested (jokingly) that she could sit in the cement so that they could have a print of her beautiful behind instead of the normal foot and hand prints...
diamondsdancing.gif

She also told Jane Russell to leave an imprint of her breasts instead of her hand biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.