Full Version: A Visit Or A Premiere?
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Picture Investigation
linkeando
Now I'm confused

The_Tribune_Wed__Aug_27__1952_
Click to view attachment
msjobean
Probably doesn't help much...

The Getty Images caption is: Film actress Marilyn Monroe says "Hello" to New York after arriving at La Guardia Airport from Hollywood. Her brief stay in New York will be devoted to pleasure and "Monkey Business" her last movie, that is.
msjobean marilynbybrandon_190.gif
linkeando
thank you msjobean, I have that information, but getty, and from my experience, it is not very reliable in terms of information, it is my opinion.

maybe it was the monkey premiere and taking advantage of the situation, to visit dimaggio

I don't know :(
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Isn't this enroute to Atlantic City? Isn't there a wire photo that says that somewhere here?
linkeando
yes JC, premiere monkey business, but several news, in caption of the photo, indicate that Marilyn is going to visit DiMaggio. That's my confusion

JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif She did visit DiMaggio during visit to NY starting 7/26/52 while promoting Monkey Business there. The pix are the ones where she is wearing the same dress she wore at NBC Radio. She is with a group of reporters entering a room and then seated holding a drink. I'd post the pix here but my external hdd has become unreadable and I haven't been able to fix it yet.

She left for Atlantic City from New York in September 1952.

Lots of times they caption any picture about something regardless of where the pic is from.
linkeando
thank you so much JC wink3.gif

I think that solved for me
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif You're welcome Jeanette, I am glad to be able to help you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.