Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is She With?
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Picture Investigation
Fav
Up for sale at the forthcoming Nov 2016 auction and from the estate of Frieda Hull, any idea who the lookalike is with MM? Photo taken early 1950's.
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Hi Fav, When I saved the picture from your question, it is labeled as Frieda Hull.
Fav
Hi JC. I labelled it as that as it is from her estate and being sold at the Juliens auction. I don't think that is her, though someone may correct me. It's from the early 50's and Frieda was a fan on the spot from the mid 50's in New York. This was likely taken in LA I would guess.
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif oh, thanks for the info Fav, I am unfamiliar with this picture. Could the woman be MMs stand in for Monkey Business?
meganmarilyn
smile1.gif

B&W photo says it's her hairdresser Gloria (no last name).

suusmarie
This is Gloria Rasmussen in 1952. I don't think it is her in the car coolio.gif
Fav
From the Monkey Business premiere thread, this photo shows someone dressed the same as the girl sat next to her in the car and she's doing her hair! But it doesn't show her face though looks like it could be the same person.

So who is she? I wonder if she is a hairstylist from the set called Esperanza Corona? She's listed as a hairstylist uncredited on Monkey Business and looks like she could be the right age. More on IMDB here if you scroll down to the Makeup Dept you will find the hairdressers http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044916/fullcr...ef_=tt_ov_st_sm I can't find a headshot of this hairdresser anywhere online. Any ideas to rule her out?
suusmarie
Good catch Fav thumbup1.gif .
I can not find a photo of Esperanza Corona online alas.
Joan Newman
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Oct 26 2016, 10:58 PM) *
Good catch Fav thumbup1.gif .
I can not find a photo of Esperanza Corona online alas.

The hairdresser was a woman named Esperanza Corona, who was Tyrone Power's hairdresser. She was a very elegant Mexican woman and a real pleasure.
Fav
Thanks Joan. So it's not Esparanza. I knew it was a mexican name but couldn't think who else it would have been. Anyone have any other ideas about hairdressers she used at that time who might be the woman in the car and who did her hair? The other hairdressers on the Monkey Business IMDB listing would have been too old.
Joan Newman
quote name='Fav' date='Oct 26 2016, 07:57 PM' post='239779']
From the Monkey Business premiere thread, this photo shows someone dressed the same as the girl sat next to her in the car and she's doing her hair! But it doesn't show her face though looks like it could be the same person.

I think Fav is right. It is the same woman doing her hair. And I believe the woman is Marguerite Masi,
Dolores' mother. I think both Marguerite AND her husband, Vic were with Marilyn in Atlantic City for the premier.

Marilyn Monroe - Monkey Business Premiere RARE footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82HLfI1gkQ

If you look closely at the above video, there apears to be 2 people in the back seat, (maybe Marilyn and Marguerite).

Vic looks like the guy in the white jacket walking out or away from the car with Marilyn, (although I don't think he had the black bow tie on at the time) and into the theater. I think he's the one on stage with Marilyn at the premier (wearing the same white jacket), although I could not find any info on the conversation between the two at the Stanley Theater.

In Stacy's thread, http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=9277, Alessia posted:

Victor (Chic) Masi was a Hollywood jack of all trades. He acted a bit, he cooked on sets. He also owned a restaurant and, for a year, he was the head of Frank Sinatra's "Puccini" trattoria in Beverly Hills. He was also a rollerskating referee and taught Marilyn how to skate for her role in "Monkey Business". According to Dolores, her father was also the star's official advisor.

What do you think ? unsure.gif
Stacy
intereresting, great job Netti!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.