Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Considering Purchases
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Lpt2012
First post ever.

I'm considering purchasing on Amazon.

The Joy Of Marilyn In The Camera Eye (Sam Shaw)
Blonde Heat: The Sizzling Screen Career Of Marilyn Monroe (Richard Buskin)

Which of them would be the better selection ?. Thanks for any help. rolleyes1.gif
123youandme
QUOTE(Lpt2012 @ Jul 20 2016, 08:39 AM) *
First post ever.

I'm considering purchasing on Amazon.

The Joy Of Marilyn In The Camera Eye (Sam Shaw)
Blonde Heat: The Sizzling Screen Career Of Marilyn Monroe (Richard Buskin)

Which of them would be the better selection ?. Thanks for any help. rolleyes1.gif

Both are great books!
unsure.gif
Paju
It depends entirely on what kind of book you want. Joy of Marilyn is a photobook with photos by Sam Shaw. I don't have that book, but I have his two other books: Marilyn Among Friends and New York Years.

Blonde Heat focuses on her movies with detailed information about each movie. It also has some photos. I have it and I use it as a reference, or when I want to read more about a specific film.

I hope this helps!
Lpt2012
QUOTE(Paju @ Jul 21 2016, 08:55 AM) *
It depends entirely on what kind of book you want. Joy of Marilyn is a photobook with photos by Sam Shaw. I don't have that book, but I have his two other books: Marilyn Among Friends and New York Years.

Blonde Heat focuses on her movies with detailed information about each movie. It also has some photos. I have it and I use it as a reference, or when I want to read more about a specific film.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your input, made the purchase of 'Joy Of Marilyn', figured I couldn't go wrong with Sam Shaw's work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.