Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Like It Hot: Me, Marilyn And The Movie By Curtis And Vieira
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Mariposa
I'm almost finished reading this 2009 edition. I know Curtis was unpopular for his 'kissing Hitler' views on kissing Marilyn and I'm not sure what's true or not but this is a very interesting and entertaining book - can't put it down.

I've finished it now and I would recommend it.

Thinking about Marilyn at the end of the book Curtis tellingly says this, 'how fondly I remember her. I hope she knows that.'

I think that Marilyn must have been very difficult to work with at times : I wouldn't like to have been an actor working with her - but she had many many problems and so she can be forgiven, of course. Also without her 'Some Like It Hot' wouldn't be the great classic film it is.
MarilynFan#1
QUOTE(Mariposa @ Feb 19 2016, 11:49 AM) *
I'm almost finished reading this 2009 edition. I know Curtis was unpopular for his 'kissing Hitler' views on kissing Marilyn and I'm not sure what's true or not but this is a very interesting and entertaining book - can't put it down.
I've finished it now and I would recommend it.

Thinking about Marilyn at the end of the book Curtis tellingly says this, 'how fondly I remember her. I hope she knows that.'

I think that Marilyn must have been very difficult to work with at times : I wouldn't like to have been an actor working with her - but she had many many problems and so she can be forgiven, of course. Also without her 'Some Like It Hot' wouldn't be the great classic film it is.

Ya ok honey keep thinking just that. Tony Curtis was a liar and a creep. He had no respect for Marilyn and never did. Just another washed up movie star using Marilyn's name to get publicity :/
Mariposa
QUOTE(MarilynFan#1 @ Feb 29 2016, 12:10 AM) *
Ya ok honey keep thinking just that. Tony Curtis was a liar and a creep. He had no respect for Marilyn and never did. Just another washed up movie star using Marilyn's name to get publicity :/

Doubtless - but the book was interesting even if it showed more about Curtis's character than anyone elses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.