Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Unabridged Marilyn
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif I found the soft cover edition of this 1988 book. It is a used copy which is better than no copy.
I wonder if anyone has it and if it's different from the hard cover version. My copy arrives tomorrow.

The book is great but not many new pix, I think only the ones by Leo Caiola are new to me...and maybe one other.
Considering what I paid for it, it's an awesome find. I really like the soft cover books and also the "dedicated" magazines.
Margherita
I have the soft cover of this, bought -89. In my opinion many pictures in it are rare and interesting - the text is a bit outdated but there are many interesting parts in this book from A to Z. It's quite sympathetic soft cover book, quite large and thick, too.
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Hi Margherita,
I think this book is great but it would be better with more info on the photographers and photo shoot dates.
The soft cover books are the best in my opinion. I hope to add more to my library soon.

Added scans of 4 pix I modified plus the one's that are new to me.
I labeled them by page number.
Margherita
Yes, the book was published -87; in general I like it's atmosphere although there are some opinions that are somewhat tasteless,IMO - like in one chapter some of the writers of this book says: "In 1986 (or 7) Madonna became Marilyn.
Referring to Madonna's MM-style period.

Well, in my opinion Madonna certainly did not become Marilyn nor was her outlooks even close. But during the publication of this book Madonna was trendy and so.

----

The book contains a lot of interesting low key information also of Marilyn's life. Of course for somebody who has read a lot of her, maybe nothing dramatically new,but small details anyhow. I might read the book again someday. It is quite interesting.

And really lovely and unique pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.