Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Hollywood Style
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Alanma
May I recommend
"Classic Hollywood Style" by Caroline Young.
Some of you may already know of it, but it is now in all the usual remainder bookshops, which is how I found it!
It is a hefty book, beautifully illustrated, about film costume style of the classic Hollywood years from 1921 to 1968.
The author discusses the hows and whys behind the designs in each film, with original designer sketches and back-stage anecdotes.
The book covers 34 films, including "All about Eve", "Gentlemen prefer Blondes" and "7 year Itch".
Lovely pictures of Marilyn, too.
clarasbows1
Thank you Alanma!
Not only do I adore our Marilyn. I love the costumes of the early films. Will have to check this out!
Anita asgtg4katie.gif
Margherita
Thank you Alan, this is a book for me ! But, without a doubt, not easy to find, or has it been published recently ?

The golden Hollywood-era style is so colorful and interesting in many ways, so photogenic. The costumes, the make-up style of women, not to mention last but not least, the lighting and photography in all films.

Click to view attachment
Alanma
I found this book last week on PostScript Books [www.psbooks.co.uk], cat. no 17178.

http://www.psbooks.co.uk/products/arts/des...hollywood-style

It is, or was, also on Amazon UK, Barnes and Noble and Abebooks.
Published 2012
ISBN 978-07112-3375-1
Hope this helps. good luck !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.