Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holding A Good Thought For Marilyn: 1926-1954 The Hollywood Years
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Pages: 1, 2
Stacy
I finally did it. My book is at CreatSpace in it's final phase of being published. I don't know how long it will take before it's ready for purchase. But, I will keep you updated. It will be on sale at Amazon.com
Paju
That's wonderful new Stacy! Congratulations on your book jumpymm.gif

I will definitely get it. How many pages? Are there any pics?
Stacy
It's a total of 530 pages. 40 pages are source documents. There are no pictures, couldn't afford them. I did do some sketches of Marilyn to add a little interest. But there is tons of rare information.
Paju
Thanks! Pics don't really matter in a book like this (in my opinion), I was just curious smile1.gif Rare information is way more important, and I knew I could count on you having tons if it in your book! I'm just so excited that you have a book coming out. Let us know when it's on Amazon syimarilyn_161_733.gif
Joan Newman
QUOTE(Paju @ Jan 30 2015, 09:37 AM) *
Thanks! Pics don't really matter in a book like this (in my opinion), I was just curious smile1.gif Rare information is way more important, and I knew I could count on you having tons if it in your book! I'm just so excited that you have a book coming out. Let us know when it's on Amazon syimarilyn_161_733.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Stacy !! mf_w00t1.gif thumbup.gif jumpymm.gif banana.gif
I second everything Sirkku said. clapping.gif
Rare info is way more important to me as well.
Can't wait to read it bye1.gif .
chris
I'm so glad you finally published a book. To the quality of the information you give us since many years I hope it with impatience. Congratulations and do not forget to tell us when it will be available in pre order on amazon
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Congratulations Stacy... clapping.gif
I hope there will be a Kindle edition too. Beautiful cover...
Kevin
Congrats Stacy, my fellow Las Vegan!!!

cheers.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Kevy
Stacy
thanks all. yes. there will be a Kindle edition.
magda24
great!congratulations! i love the cover.
Margherita
This sounds interesting, a book made by a real MM fan and connoisseur, and a lot of rare info, too. Maybe a must read. The pics would definitely add up it's interesting image, but a lot of biographies already contain so much pics that closer looking aren't so rare after all, so it really doesn't matter; there are already so much pictures of her available in various sites and books - 530 pages ! Wonderful !
Stacy
the cover picture was gifted to my by my dear friend Lois Banner. It was, of course, taken in Hawaii during her honeymoon trip. Thanks for the compliments on the cover. My friend Taylor White designed and made the cover for me.
Stacy
http://www.koreanwarvetsmemorial.org/memorial
Here is the link to the site where the 5% donation will be made. I think it's a worthy cause and one that Marilyn would have approved of.
Paju
The cover is so beautiful. It's great to see rarer photos used as book covers.
MichelleMorgan
Congrats Stacy!! I am looking forward to this very much! Xx
Paju
Do you think it will be available before summer? Because if it is, I think I'll order it so that I'll have a new book to read on her birthday smile1.gif
Stacy
As soon as I correct the proof and re-submit it to the publisher, it will be ready. Jeannette is helping me make the inside more professional, so I'm waiting for her to work her magic. I ordered the proof on Saturday and received it on my doorstep on Wednesday. I will say that although I added some more information, etc., it still was exciting to get that first copy, albeit a proof.
Here is a silly little pic of me holding my book. It is one of the proudest moments in my life.
I have a FB page, Holding a Good Thought for Marilyn. Join if you wish, I really don't know what I'm doing fool.gif but come be a part of it.
Paju
Lovely pic! And you should be proud after all the work you've done with the book! Thanks for letting us know about the FB page, I just joined smile1.gif
Btw, slightly off-topic, but I love that wall behind you. We had almost exactly the same color on our kitchen wall in our old apartment. We moved out in July, because we moved to a different city. I like our new apartment better (and the new city!) but I do miss that kitchen wall.
Stacy
We decorated our home in a Southwest design, esp. since we live in the desert. We love the orange/brown tones, and textured walls.
timetravelangel
Congratulations on your achievement. Brilliant!. jumpymm.gif
Joan Newman
Oh Stacy bye1.gif What a great photo! You look simply gorgeous. marilynbybrandon_190.gif
It's nice to have a face to go with the beautiful person I already knew you were.

I, too, love the orange wall. When I get my own place, I am going to decorate it in the same style.
Like our Marilyn's Mexican hacienda. I love the bench you are sitting on the most. It reminds me of Marilyn's.

PS (Sorry if I get a bit off topic here, but .. )
How is it to live in the desert ? I have seen Frank Sinatra's house way out in the desert. Do you have to drive far to get to the store and other stuff ? What do you see when you look out of your windows ?
Stacy
well...I live in Las Vegas, so...I'm actually in a suburban neighborhood. But, I spend lots of time in the desert and we have our yard desert landscaped. blush.gif
Kevin
QUOTE(Stacy♥ @ Feb 7 2015, 06:12 PM) *
well...I live in Las Vegas, so...I'm actually in a suburban neighborhood. But, I spend lots of time in the desert and we have our yard desert landscaped. blush.gif

Hey, me too! LOL

smile1.gif
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Hi again Stacy,
Thanks for sharing your picture.
It's great to know there will be a Kindle edition of your book.
I am happy about the donation too.
suusmarie
I have been extremely lucky, and feel honored, that Stacy allowed me to read her book before publication cloud9.gif . I am not finished yet but I can not hold off singing Stacy's praises any longer...

There are really hardly any words to do this book justice. I have read so many books in the 30 years I have been a MM admirer and there are just a handful, maybe a hand and a halve, really good biographies (IMO). This book will be among them I am sure yes.gif .

First off is the style with which Stacy writes not only beautiful and very smooth to read, it is very lively as well. The information is this book is amazing and in many regards unique. Using many remarks and quotes coming from MM herself interwoven in the stories told makes MM as a person come more alive I think throb.gif . Very detailed and so many things I didn't know. (I will have to do some serious adjusting in my photo-files I think biggrin.gif .)
And, important when writing a good biography, what makes this book very credible is the long list of source materials. Stacy has done amazing research worshippy.gif .

I already HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone thumbup.gif

Stacy, I am so thrilled with what I have read so far. I am very very proud of you. MM would be also I think.

marilynbybrandon_190.gif
jily
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
congratulations stacy
looking forward to buying and reading
jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif
cheers from australia
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Stacy
@ Suus...my heart is full. thanks for all the kind things you have said.
Paju
Wow, Suusmarie, that makes the waiting even more impossible!
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Same 4 me...looking forward to the book Stacy.
Stacy
https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1164481
This is the link to take a look and read a little of my book.
enjoy redsitting.gif
Stacy
https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1164643
Another excerpt from my book...Andre de Dienes 1953, Parade 2.15.53
suusmarie
I gave both of them 5 stars thumbup1.gif
Stacy
thanks...the first one didn't include any rare info, that's why I put the de Dienes reference from 1953. Thanks again sweet friend! jumpymm.gif
linkeando
I want a copy!!!!!!!!! paying, of course wink3.gif
Tiina
Congratulations on your book, Stacy! marilynbybrandon_190.gif After reading Suus' little review I'm quite excited and interested. throb.gif
Stacy
It's ready to purchase on createspace right now. It will be available on Amazon in 3-5 days.
https://www.createspace.com/4024663
Paju
Great news! I will order it in time for Marilyn's birthday (don't really have any extra money right now). Will also review it on my MM Book Blog smile1.gif
JC 96816
Will the Kindle version be out the same time?
Stacy
Thank you so much Sirkku! The Kendal Version should be out when it appears on Amazon. Takes 3-5 days.
CYRILPARIS
clapping.gif Congratulations Stacy! I buy it!
I didn't know that you served as research assistant to Dr. Lois Banner, PhD, with both of her books on Marilyn Monroe…MM Personal: From the Private Archive of Marilyn Monroe, and Marilyn, the Passion and the Paradox. So I suppose you published informations that Lois didn't use in her books...
What do you think about the book "the Passion and the Paradox"? Everyone who read the book say it too much insists homosexual character of Marilyn...
Stacy
I hope you like my book, and thank you for purchasing a copy. Although, I was a research assistant for Lois Banner, I think our books are different. I don't dwell on whatever sexual relationship was or was not between Natasha and Marilyn. I just try to stick with the main narrative of Marilyn's story and not get side-tracked by that kind of stuff. I am not judging the content of Lois' book, but she and I had many discussions about these same subjects. But we differed in many ways, too. It is just not what I was interested in discussing in my book. But, having said that, I thank that Lois' books are important to the development of Marilyn's story. She is a major feminist historian and that colors her writing about Marilyn.
Stacy
Since I am self-publishing and don't have a publishing house backing my book, I have to do the publicity myself. If you could please add a positive review at Amazon on my book, even if you don't plan to purchase it, I think it would help it get noticed. Thanks in advance redsitting.gif
suusmarie
Yes, let's help Stacy out here. She has done such an amazing job with this book. It really is a great read so even when you don't buy it ( huh.gif ) take my word for it and post on Amazon. Stacy deserves it marilynbybrandon_190.gif .
Celia
QUOTE(Stacy♥ @ Feb 6 2015, 11:25 AM) *
As soon as I correct the proof and re-submit it to the publisher, it will be ready. Jeannette is helping me make the inside more professional, so I'm waiting for her to work her magic. I ordered the proof on Saturday and received it on my doorstep on Wednesday. I will say that although I added some more information, etc., it still was exciting to get that first copy, albeit a proof.Here is a silly little pic of me holding my book. It is one of the proudest moments in my life.I have a FB page, Holding a Good Thought for Marilyn. Join if you wish, I really don't know what I'm doing fool.gif but come be a part of it.
jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif That´s wonderful Stacy!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and I wish you many many sales!!!!!!!!!!!! I´ll buy one for sure!!!! And it´s wonderful to have seen your face after so many years, you are really pretty!!Tones of love!Celia
Stacy
You are so sweet Celia, and possibly blind. laugh.gif I remember the days of Marilyn mon Amor on Yahoo. It's lovely we are still together here.
Thanks for the sweet comments by Celia and Suus. My heart is full blush-anim-cl.gif
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif I see the book is finally at Amazon. I am anxiously waiting for the Kindle Edition.
Stacy
I am working with the CreateSpace people to convert my book to the Kindle. Your patience will be rewarded.
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Thank you Stacy...I appreciate all your work...
chris
I got mine on the morning Yes !!!!!
Thank you Stacy
and now silence I'm reading LOL
Stacy
I hope you enjoy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.