Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UCLA Night Classes 1951-52
Everlasting Star Community > Multimedia > Pictures > Public events / Paparazzi
meganmarilyn
New thread for these. Here are all the pics I have. Seems new ones continue to pop up now and then. throb.gif

Marilyn attended night classes at U.C.L.A. for courses in Art Appreciation & Literature.
Kevin
Over em Megan, they're very beautiful.

You're my hero. winkiss.gif
Alanma
Thank you so much, Megan.
Celia
Beautiful pics, Megan. Some are new to me. Thanks as lot clapping.gif
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
meganmarilyn
Thanxs so much Suus! Great stuff. I replaced the pic of MM studying outdoors with the larger scan from your 1953 mag. Loved reading the newspaper articles too!
Marilyn2Bonnie
LOVE THESE PICTURES marilynbybrandon_190.gif
A FEW OF MINE...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
LOVING MARILYN throb.gif
Click to view attachment
meganmarilyn
Thanxs Bonnie. But I think she is at her dentist office, not on the U.C.L.A. campus per say there.
monty0330
Sorry but I'm a bit puzzled. I thought Marilyn took those courses only because she was interested and learn more about art and literature but it seems that it was only a marketing strategy from the studio. These newspaper articles are so misogynic ("The other pupils seem to be studying Marilyn Monroe" hmm.gif ). Poor Marilyn, always playing a role. This myth of the most literate blonde in hollywood makes me sick and tired. Don't get me wrong, I certainly believe that Marilyn was anything but dumb and had a sense for many intellectual things, but to see it slaughtered by the media is just plain wrong, IMO.
meganmarilyn
QUOTE(monty0330 @ Jul 1 2014, 04:16 AM) *
Sorry but I'm a bit puzzled. I thought Marilyn took those courses only because she was interested and learn more about art and literature but it seems that it was only a marketing strategy from the studio. These newspaper articles are so misogynic ("The other pupils seem to be studying Marilyn Monroe" hmm.gif ). Poor Marilyn, always playing a role. This myth of the most literate blonde in hollywood makes me sick and tired. Don't get me wrong, I certainly believe that Marilyn was anything but dumb and had a sense for many intellectual things, but to see it slaughtered by the media is just plain wrong, IMO.

Yes, sure the studio wanted to get all the publicity they could build up for her. For MM, she truly wanted to learn, loved art and especially literature (she lived at the bookstore during that time basically).
meganmarilyn
- Excerpt from 'This Is My Story, by Marilyn Monroe' (The Australian Women's Weekly 1955-01-26)

MM talks about her UCLA classes.
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
Stacy
Ohhh, love it! jumpymm.gif
linkeando
SAME DRESS unsure.gif
meganmarilyn
smile1.gif
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
Joan Newman
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Feb 13 2017, 02:54 AM) *
thumbup1.gif

jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif jumpymm.gif
Love it ! Marilyn at College. clapping.gif
JC 96816
QUOTE(Marilyn2Bonnie @ Jun 11 2014, 11:02 PM) *
LOVE THESE PICTURES marilynbybrandon_190.gif
A FEW OF MINE...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
LOVING MARILYN throb.gif
Click to view attachment

It's way late to post this, but I found the name of the dentist: Louis Armann. He's probably the studio dentist as He is listed in Columbia Pictures history. The photo with the dental instruments is credited to Mel Traxel according to Pinterest.

https://www.facebook.com/marilyn.monroe.fan...50350022556690/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.