Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Life Special Edition Magazine Out
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
suusmarie
All I can find right now but I ordered one so more will follow... coolio.gif
meganmarilyn
Amy Green...."She wasn't the most beautiful."

lol. Another great photo of MM, proving Ms Green so wrong. Love it. Thanxs. throb.gif

Joan Newman
You got that right 'meganmarilyn' thumbup1.gif

She was definitely THE most beautiful to "Moi" redsitting.gif yes.gif

I just saw this magazine in the grocery store today. I looked through it but the photos were not of good quality. And I don't believe I saw anything new.
Paju
Is it a Marilyn special, meaning the whole magazine is all about Marilyn?
Tara
QUOTE(Paju @ Feb 7 2014, 12:26 PM) *
Is it a Marilyn special, meaning the whole magazine is all about Marilyn?

Yes, I would think so as Life only brings out special editions nowadays. Would love to get some more info on it though smile1.gif
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif A friend on the mainland has it and asked if I wanted scans of pix. I think it is all MM.
Tara
Yes, it's all Marilyn. My friend Melissa just bought a copy and posted some pics on the Immortal Marilyn Facebook group... https://www.facebook.com/groups/175566249154010/?fref=ts
nicky62
I guess I will be missing this one too like the newsweek magazine it hasnt arrived here in Puerto Rico :(
suusmarie
QUOTE(nicky62 @ Feb 8 2014, 10:54 PM) *
I guess I will be missing this one too like the newsweek magazine it hasnt arrived here in Puerto Rico :(

Ebay.com has many coolio.gif
dw926
I bought this earlier this week. The author is J.I. Baker who wrote The Empty Glass (that should automatically say something...) He cites from Robert Slatzer, Donald H. Wolfe, Lena Pepitone, Anthony Summers, Norman Mailer, etc. obviously known to us as unreliable people! He says Marilyn had abortions and was a call girl. Also, he said: "There are no known photos of Monroe from July 1947 until her career resumed at Columbia in early 1948, reports Donald H. Wolfe, author of 1998's The Last Days of Marilyn Monroe. Speculation exists that she gave up a child for adoption during that time. Her maid in New York, Lena Pepitone, claims Monroe gave birth to a daughter before she achieved stardom, and that she had last-minute second thoughts before letting go of the child." This got me mad the most! I'm really surprised and disappointed that LIFE hired Mr. Baker to be the one to write the issue and print such lies.
meganmarilyn
QUOTE(dw926 @ Feb 13 2014, 10:46 PM) *
Also, he said: "There are no known photos of Monroe from July 1947 until her career resumed at Columbia in early 1948, reports Donald H. Wolfe.

Wrong. MM with George Jessel at the Mocambo. Sept 25, 1947. Not to mention photos of MM as Artichoke Queen Feb 16-20 1948. That was before her Columbia agreement in March.
dw926
QUOTE(meganmarilyn @ Feb 14 2014, 02:55 AM) *
Wrong. MM with George Jessel at the Mocambo. Sept 25, 1947. Not to mention photos of MM as Artichoke Queen Feb 16-20 1948. That was before her Columbia agreement in March.

Thanks for that Megan! I knew it was a lie. I wish we could inform LIFE, but it probably won't change anything schmoll.gif
chris
I've got my own copyright this afternoon. 112 pages about MarilynI'm sending pictures of the front and backside covers With a picture of André de Dienes by Norma Jeane one of Joe in 1953 at Bodega Bay by Marilyn and another one With Marilyn and Arthur Miller by Milton H GreeneAnother oneBackside coverAndré de DienesJoe Di Maggio Bidega Bay 1953Arthur Miller and Marilyn by Milton H Greene
yoda_5729
Hello everyone, I just wanted everyone to know there is a new Life Magazine special edition out on Marilyn.

It's called the Loves of Marilyn Monroe. I haven't read it yet, but it has write ups on each of the rumored men in Marilyn's life, including the dubious ones like Robert Slatzer. If nothing else the images are great. Here is a picture of a copy currently on sale on ebay. I'm trying not to link to the actual page selling it as I don't want to seem like I'm advertising, I'm just showing a visual of the cover, and if that's not allowed, feel free to delete the link.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/y...E/$_57.JPG

meganmarilyn
Tara
I got mine today. The photos are gorgeous, as you'd expect from Life. I haven't read all the text, but at least the Slatzer part was a little skeptical (although not enough, IMO!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.