Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn: Her Life In Pictures
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Paju
Hey guys,
Inspired by Tara's blog post on ES Updates, I decided to start a thread for this book. Martin Howard and Oliver Northcliffe's book Marilyn: Her Life In Pictures may not be the one with the most original name, but it seems like a good book. Lots of pictures for a very reasonable price. Does anybody have it or are you planning on getting it?
Kevin
Oooh, I'd love to get my hands on that, I'm pretty sure Amazon.com has it. What did you think of it Sirkku?

Any rare pics (especially the early days ya know, '45 - '51')?

Please, anybody let me know, I may have to gift myself this Christmas unfortunately. :-(

Kev
Alanma
I have ordered this from Amazon UK , as a Birthday gift for myself !
At the moment it is on offer at about 5 off the usual.
They also have the not-to-be-confused-with-it "Marilyn Monroe, her life in pictures" by Spada, in Kindle as well as conventional print.
Paju
I don't have it yet Kevin, that's why I was interested in hearing everybody's opinion. But I might get it for myself as a birthday gift (like you Alan smile1.gif ) unless Santa gives it to me on Christmas santa.gif
lois_laurel
QUOTE(Paju @ Nov 21 2013, 08:41 AM) *
Hey guys,
Inspired by Tara's blog post on ES Updates, I decided to start a thread for this book. Martin Howard and Oliver Northcliffe's book Marilyn: Her Life In Pictures may not be the one with the most original name, but it seems like a good book. Lots of pictures for a very reasonable price. Does anybody have it or are you planning on getting it?

Hello Sirkku, and thank you for letting me know about this book clapping.gif . Without you I would have missed it. I just ordered the book (13€) and can't wait to get it.
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
I have the Spada one, kindle version, that one is a disappointment.
Does anyone know if pictures were left out of the kindle version?
I hope they make kindle editions of all MM picture books
Paju
QUOTE(lois_laurel @ Nov 21 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Hello Sirkku, and thank you for letting me know about this book clapping.gif . Without you I would have missed it. I just ordered the book (13) and can't wait to get it.

No problem, I'm happy to spread the word about Marilyn books smile1.gif
Alanma
Mine arrived today!
It is very well produced, with plenty of fullpage and large pictures, and lots of photos from Marilyn's childhood and early years.
The text is a bit so-so.
Altogether I think the book is well worth having, and I'm glad I bought it.
Mezzo
Happy Birthday, Alan!
Alanma
Ah, thank you, Mary! I am now counting backwards!
Kevin
Me too... wink3.gif

Happy birthday
Mezzo
You're welcome, Alan!

I ordered my book today. jumpymm.gif
lois_laurel
I got my copy today and it's worth to buy for thumbup1.gif .

Paju
Just ordered this and some other books with my birthday money biggrin.gif
Tara
I liked this book - so many pictures, and not all the same old ones either. I noticed some errors in the text, which annoyed me, but I've read a lot worse. With this kind of book, the text is secondary to the photos anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.