Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn's Blue Book Days
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
MichelleMorgan
Hello

I would like to share some news with you all.

For the past few months I have been working with Astrid Franse, who is the owner of the Blue Book Model Agency files. We are working together on a book which will be published in the next few years, and will explore Marilyn's time with the agency, as well as her friendship with Miss Snively, the agency boss. There will be more news on my blog very soon, as well as a dedicated FaceBook page, but for now, I'm happy to announce that the working title of the book is Marilyn's Blue Book Days and I am extremely happy to be part of it.

Warmly

Michelle

Author - Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed
mare
ooh Michelle, how exciting! I love your "Private and Undisclosed" book, I own a copy. Congratulations! I and Im sure all of we Marilyn fans are looking forward to it.
meganmarilyn
Wonderful Michelle, can't wait.

Do wish a movie would be made about her Blue Book days. Not MM the movie star, but Norma Jeane/Marilyn the model. Maybe someday this upcoming book will inspire it to become reality.
Paju
This is great news! That period in her life has always interested me a lot, so a whole book about it sounds wonderful biggrin.gif
MichelleMorgan
Hello!

Thank you for your kind words. As promised, I have put some information about Marilyn's Blue Book Days, onto my blog. www.Michelle-Morgan.blogspot.com You can also join the FaceBook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/629269130427851/ Please feel free to share the link to everyone who may be interested, and join the page yourself. Thanks!

We are currently looking for rare photos of Marilyn/Norma Jeane from this period, for use in the book. If you can help, please get in touch. Thank you!

Best

Michelle
Margherita
Thank you again Michelle Morgan of this wonderful project - These books, the "Private and undisclosed", it's second version ( I haven't t read it ) and now this new one - Real basic stuff of her, and you handle her and her life in your books in a really stylish, objective and at the same time human way.
MichelleMorgan
Hello

I just wanted to thank everyone for the support we are receiving for 'Marilyn's Blue Book Days.' The FaceBook page has proved very popular and many people are offering some lovely photos from their personal collections.

If you have any early photos of Marilyn in your collection (taken from 1944 to 1950) and would like to share it with us for the book, please get in touch. I will write straight back to you. My email is Michelle@MichelleMorgan.co.uk

You can also join our FaceBook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/629269130427851/

Thank you!!!

Michelle
MichelleMorgan
Hello

I just wanted to let you know that the book is coming along well and we are very happy with the progress made so far. We hope to be able to give you more news in the near future. jumpymm.gif

Until then, I have a few questions....

1) I'm trying to find the estate/contacts for the following photographers, so if anyone has any clues, leads, websites, etc, it would be wonderful if you could let me know. Here are the photographers' estates I am looking to find..... Laszlo Willinger, Lawrence Kronquist, Leo Caloia, Bob Landry, Paul Parry, Potter Heuth, Bob Farr, John Randolph, Bill Harvey, Raphael G Wolff, Edwin 'Steinie' Steinmeyer, Bill Burnside, Lee Bush, Hal Bloom, H Maier.

2) I am looking for high-res shots of the photos David Conover took of Norma Jeane in the factory, (from your own collection, not copied from the Internet) so if anyone has anything they could share in that regard, please get in touch.

3)If anyone has any rare MM photos from the 1940s that you'd like to share for the book, I'd love to hear from you. Again, the photos would need to be from your collection rather than the Internet (because of quality issues) and if you have any clue who owns the rights, it would be great if you could share that too.

You can leave a message for me here, or email Michelle@MichelleMorgan.co.uk and I'll get back to you straight away.

Thanks so much!! Astrid and I want this to be a great book, so any help with photos would be very gratefully received.

Best

Michelle
MichelleMorgan
Very happy to say that the book will be published by The History Press in summer 2015. Astrid and I are very excited! UK readers can pre order the book now, from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marilyns-Blue-Book...blue+book+years
Thanks for your support.
Michelle
Celia
I am looking forward to it!! I loved Marilyn: Private and undisclosed", one of my favourites on Marilyn! I am so excited!
Thanks Michelle! Keep on giving us such treasures! thumbup1.gif
meganmarilyn
throb.gif
MichelleMorgan
Hello Everyone

I would like to share the new title and the beautiful cover for the book I have been working on with Astrid Franse, about Marilyn's relationship with the Blue Book Agency. Hope you like it!

Michelle
jumpymm.gif

Click to view attachment
123youandme
QUOTE(MichelleMorgan @ Feb 1 2015, 01:36 PM) *
Hello Everyone

I would like to share the new title and the beautiful cover for the book I have been working on with Astrid Franse, about Marilyn's relationship with the Blue Book Agency. Hope you like it!

Michelle
jumpymm.gif

Click to view attachment

Fantastic Cover!!!
clapping.gif
Paju
Like I said on FB, this cover is absolutely beautiful and I am so much looking forward to this book smile1.gif
Kevin
I'm looking forwards to it Michelle, when is it supposed to be released?
MichelleMorgan
Thank you everyone! It will be published on 6th July. jumpymm.gif
Paju
Great to hear the exact date!
Alanma
Already on Amazon for pre-order ! [Done it !]
MichelleMorgan
Thank you Alan! Here is a link for anyone who wants to pre-order:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Before-Marilyn-Blu...=Before+marilyn

Stacy
Beautiful Cover. So happy for your book. I can't wait til July.
Paju
It's also listed on BookDepository: Before Marilyn smile1.gif
lois_laurel
Gorgeous cover throb.gif . I can't wait to get this book.

Tiina
Beautiful cover, absolutely stunning! marilynbybrandon_190.gif I will definitely get this book and share it on my blog as well. throb.gif
maarriinnnaa
I am a big fan of "Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed"..gosh such a good book! Its one of my favorite books to read on Marilyn. Also, I really like your "Marilyn's Addresses" book. I'm using it as a reference guide for my trips. I am looking forward to this book. I will be one of the first to buy once available.

Thanks for the wonderful books and showing the true Marilyn we all know and love.. Can't wait to add this to my collection.

jumpymm.gif
MarilynSings
A Great cover shot but I am wondering why they used an uncleaned dusty and dirty transparency scan! You can also see that they extended the blue background at the top, a really bad photoshop job. Hope that the entire book will be a bit more professional.
meganmarilyn
QUOTE(MichelleMorgan @ Feb 1 2015, 04:36 AM) *
Hello Everyone

Michelle
jumpymm.gif

Click to view attachment

BTW, if that's a Laszlo Willinger photo, that shoot isn't from her blue book days. It is from 1947.
MichelleMorgan
Thank you for all your lovely thoughts. In response to the last few comments - The photo for the front cover is very relevant and you will see why in the book. As for the photo being dirty, that is something of a strange comment for me, as the photo was cleaned by the collector and the publisher. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and you will be able to see more when it is published in July.

Best
Michelle
flowing stream
QUOTE(MichelleMorgan @ Mar 9 2015, 09:31 PM) *
Thank you for all your lovely thoughts. In response to the last few comments - The photo for the front cover is very relevant and you will see why in the book. As for the photo being dirty, that is something of a strange comment for me, as the photo was cleaned by the collector and the publisher. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and you will be able to see more when it is published in July.

Best
Michelle

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your kind words. I am liking forward to your book in every way and I think the cover is stunning. I can only imagine how fascinating the inside of the book will be... Your everlasting admirer. Livia xx
Stacy
Cannot wait to read all the fascinating details in the book. Love the cover. It's beautiful.
californiadude
Hi there!
I just discovered this book last night and I know it isn't out yet, but was wondering if there was a release date for Australia? It's so hard to get new release books and movies over here! Thanks!
flowing stream
QUOTE(californiadude @ Mar 16 2015, 03:40 PM) *
Hi there!
I just discovered this book last night and I know it isn't out yet, but was wondering if there was a release date for Australia? It's so hard to get new release books and movies over here! Thanks!

Hi,

I know what you mean. It is same for New Zealand. Can't wait for this book.
123youandme
So Im ready with reading this treasure.
Thank You for your great work!
What a pleasure!

For the future I hope there is still more to come.
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Paju
You can order from Book Depository no matter where you are in the world. They even have free shipping smile1.gif
My copy arrived yesterday and you can probably guess what I've been doing all day... It's a wonderful book, beautifully done and very interesting to read. I'm happy that this period in Marilyn's life is getting the recognition it deserves. In my opinion, this book is a must have.
lois_laurel
QUOTE(Paju @ Jul 22 2015, 10:26 PM) *
You can order from Book Depository no matter where you are in the world. They even have free shipping smile1.gif My copy arrived yesterday and you can probably guess what I've been doing all day... It's a wonderful book, beautifully done and very interesting to read. I'm happy that this period in Marilyn's life is getting the recognition it deserves. In my opinion, this book is a must have.

Thank you Paju thumbup1.gif .

If you live in Finland you can order your copy from www.adlibris.com/fi. I just ordered mine and it should arrive next week. I can't wait to see the photos. But one question though: I noticed that adlibris.com/fi will publish another Marilyn's Blue Book Days book which will appear in October. Is it the same book? Does anyone know
Paju
I got mine from Adlibris smile1.gif I think the other book is the US edition, which should be pretty much the same one.
lois_laurel
QUOTE(Paju @ Aug 5 2015, 12:20 PM) *
I got mine from Adlibris smile1.gif I think the other book is the US edition, which should be pretty much the same one.

Okay, thanks biggrin.gif . Probably I will buy that too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.