Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tom Kelley's Studio Book
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
flowing stream
Hi everyone,

Another new book featuring our Marilyn will appear before the end of the year! I wonder how many Marilyn images will be inside the book and whethr it will include the lesser known/seen images of her by Kelley.

Enjoy!
Jim Parson
QUOTE(flowing stream @ Jul 29 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Another new book featuring our Marilyn will appear before the end of the year! I wonder how many Marilyn images will be inside the book and whethr it will include the lesser known/seen images of her by Kelley.

Thanks, Livia! I pre-ordered it just now. Amazon has it for $52.90 with free shipping.
flowing stream
QUOTE(Jim Parson @ Jul 30 2013, 12:48 PM) *
Thanks, Livia! I pre-ordered it just now. Amazon has it for $52.90 with free shipping.

You are welcome! Great, enjoy it! Thanks for the info. I will get it from there too!
nicky62
QUOTE(flowing stream @ Jul 29 2013, 04:12 PM) *

banana.gif Quite interesting probably it will feature the very well known images so lets keep our fingers crossed it says it has 260 illustrations and 256 pages mmm hopefully our Marilyn is there in some unpublished images . As to some others there were some transparencies she had given Joe as a wedding gift and were found in her files they said at the time there were so transparent they were unuseful . Nicky62 banana.gif
flowing stream
QUOTE(nicky62 @ Jul 30 2013, 02:03 PM) *
banana.gif Quite interesting probably it will feature the very well known images so lets keep our fingers crossed it says it has 260 illustrations and 256 pages mmm hopefully our Marilyn is there in some unpublished images . As to some others there were some transparencies she had given Joe as a wedding gift and were found in her files they said at the time there were so transparent they were unuseful . Nicky62 banana.gif

Yes I agree with you-let's all hope for some treasures and wait and see when it gets published!
Paju
Interesting! I'm hoping for many MM pictures, including ones we've never seen before smile1.gif
meganmarilyn
"In 1948, celebrity photographer Tom Kelley took a photograph of an out of work actress; a nude posed with arm outstretched against a scarlet background. That actress was Marilyn Monroe."

Guess some people editing the book forgot to do research...session took place May 1949. lol

Kevin
Can't wait!
flowing stream
QUOTE(Paju @ Aug 3 2013, 03:53 AM) *

Looking good! Thanks so much for sharing!
MarilynSings
Unpublished ones? I am not so sure because Kelleys son offered faked "new" versions in the past (and I donīt mean those separated double exposures).
lorileime
QUOTE(MarilynSings @ Sep 12 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Unpublished ones? I am not so sure because Kelleys son offered faked "new" versions in the past (and I donīt mean those separated double exposures).

What do you mean that his son offered 'faked' versions? Can you tell us the story?
mare
ooh, I was so excited until you said there might be faked fersions. Please tell us.
Monroestar
You are all missing something here.It does not say Marilyn book!! It's a book of his nudes. Maybe only a few pages on MM. X
MarilynSings
QUOTE(lorileime @ Sep 13 2013, 03:52 AM) *
What do you mean that his son offered 'faked' versions? Can you tell us the story?

Some of the "new" photos are combinations. Have a look into the Tom Kelley photo thread
Jim Parson
I pre-ordered this in July. The estimated delivery date has been changed to SEPTEMBER 2014!! I'm a less than happy camper.
Kevin
There was an underwater photo? How did I miss this? Can someone please point me in the direction of this pic.

Thanks.

Kev

I found it, never mind.
MarilynSings
I saw two book cover versions on the internet. Any info about this?
MarilynSings
So nobody knows? Strange!
MarilynSings
QUOTE(suusmarie @ May 4 2016, 01:18 AM) *

Both versions appear then I google that number. So it would be more interesting if a member in europe got that book.
MarilynSings
QUOTE(MarilynSings @ May 6 2016, 10:08 AM) *
Both versions appear then I google that number. So it would be more interesting if a member in europe got that book.

Seems that nobody in this forum bought that book. Strange.
123youandme
QUOTE(MarilynSings @ May 15 2016, 08:48 AM) *
Seems that nobody in this forum bought that book. Strange.

I bought it.
I bought the version with the white border on cover, but get the other one.
There is nothing new in it.
Naturally I was a bit disapointed.
It is for completist only.
MarilynSings
So, white border means Europe and UK, right?

How many photos of the red belvet session are included? Also the new "put together" photos? Detailed story about the session or not?
123youandme
QUOTE(MarilynSings @ May 28 2016, 07:34 AM) *
So, white border means Europe and UK, right?

How many photos of the red belvet session are included? Also the new "put together" photos? Detailed story about the session or not?

7 versions all known. That includes a calendar, the double exposure, a lay over with red velvet.
I donīt know if there is a white border version already.

At least you get many photos of other models.

bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.