Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Bob Crane Show 1960
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Documentaries
Mark7
Just found this short interview with Marilyn on youtube she was interviewed by Bob Crane i believe for a radio show in 1960 when she was filming Lets Make Love i put the interview into my playlist on youtube. I have never heard this one before.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL214FA0C965504B52

banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif
Mezzo
There's some discussion on this interview here: http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=15096
CYRILPARIS
I am hearing impaired and English is not my native language so I can't understand spoken English. Can someone have the kindness to transcribe this interview in writing?
Thank you. ERIC
timetravelangel
QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Feb 28 2013, 10:20 PM) *
I am hearing impaired and English is not my native language so I can't understand spoken English. Can someone have the kindness to transcribe this interview in writing?
Thank you. ERIC

MM – Marilyn Monroe
BC – Bob Crane

c. 1963
BC: For the life of us we couldn't find the complete Marilyn Monroe interview which we did about four or – what was that?—four years ago I guess. We only managed to find two short portions of the interview that we did with Marilyn - out at Twentieth Century Fox. And at that time she was making thepicture Let's Make Love with Yves Montand and Tony Randall. And she came into the room in a beautiful "slack"outfit I thought...

c. 1959
MM: I rehearse in it.
BC: Is it kind of a dancer's outfit thing that you're wearing?
MM: No, just a pair of slacks and sort of an old sweater.
BC: It's a nice old sweater... a nice old pair of slacks.
[Marilyn laughs]
MM: Are we on, Bob?
BC: Yes.
MM: Well, I've been rehearsing all day--
BC: Yeah.
MM: I'm still out of breath.
BC: I'll let you get your breath for just a minute there. Marilyn, I've often wondered, being the sex symbol of the movies, are you ever offended when they –when men pass by you and whistle and things like that?
MM: I'm honoured.
BC: Really?
MM: Of course.
BC: Do you think most women are?
MM: Of course.
BC: That's the high point—is that a big compliment?
MM: Yes. Well, how about when you whistle at a girl or you feel like whistling?

BC: How was Jack Lemon to work with?
MM: Wonderful. He's a wonderful actor.
BC: He's a very funny guy. You're working with a funny guy in the new picture—TonyRandall.
MM: Yes, very funny.
BC: You wanna know something? This'll knock you back on the couch. I was supposed to test for this picture.
MM: YOU?! [Marilyn giggles]
BC: Did you mean that? [Acts hurt] Did you mean that with all that was inferred by the "YOU?!" I read a lot into that line.
[They laugh]
BC: No, really, the part that they gave to Tony Randall—the press agent part.
MM: Oh yes, mmm, mmm.
BC: What do you think? [About me playing the part]
MM: Well, Bob, it's nice meeting you and er, I hope I see you again.
[They laugh]

c. 1963
BC: Oh dear... the late Marilyn Monroe, we were interviewing her at Twentieth Century Fox...

Best wishes from Angel. jumpymm.gif
CYRILPARIS
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Thank you very much, Angel!!!
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
timetravelangel
QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Mar 4 2013, 11:40 AM) *
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Thank you very much, Angel!!!
marilynbybrandon_190.gif

You're very welcome. thumbup1.gif
Nancy
That nice old sweater! tongue.gif
msjobean
I think this picture belongs here smile1.gif

msjobean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.