Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn Monroe: My Little Secret By Tony Jerris
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
ronaldo
"We're calling her Marilyn Monroe."

Those were the words 12-year-old Jane Lawrence remembered when she was asked to head the up-and-coming blonde starlet's fan club at 20th Century Fox under the supervision of studio head Darryl Zanuck. Jane was no stranger to movie sets or movie stars, being that her father, Sidney Lipsitch, headed RKO's legal department. She spent many Saturday afternoons at her home with the likes of Robert Mitchum, Lucille Ball, and Ethel Merman, but helping launch the career of one of the world's most legendary sex symbols was a task beyond Jane's wildest dreams.

Nearly four decades later, author Tony Jerris was introduced to Jane through a mutual friend and learned how Jane's working relationship with the actress developed into a special friendship that lasted right up until Marilyn's untimely death on August 5th, 1962. Told in Jane's voice, this is a story of an elderly woman reflecting upon her fondest memories of the blue-eyed screen goddess and how she became a confidante of sorts, who Marilyn used to call "My Little Secret."

Here are some reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-Monroe-My-Li...t/dp/1475101406

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Marilyn-Mo...s/9781475101409

Here a YouTube video from 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnnUgrtJJyI
mberton
QUOTE(ronaldo @ Jun 8 2012, 03:00 PM) *
"We're calling her Marilyn Monroe."

Those were the words 12-year-old Jane Lawrence remembered when she was asked to head the up-and-coming blonde starlet's fan club at 20th Century Fox under the supervision of studio head Darryl Zanuck. Jane was no stranger to movie sets or movie stars, being that her father, Sidney Lipsitch, headed RKO's legal department. She spent many Saturday afternoons at her home with the likes of Robert Mitchum, Lucille Ball, and Ethel Merman, but helping launch the career of one of the world's most legendary sex symbols was a task beyond Jane's wildest dreams.

Nearly four decades later, author Tony Jerris was introduced to Jane through a mutual friend and learned how Jane's working relationship with the actress developed into a special friendship that lasted right up until Marilyn's untimely death on August 5th, 1962. Told in Jane's voice, this is a story of an elderly woman reflecting upon her fondest memories of the blue-eyed screen goddess and how she became a confidante of sorts, who Marilyn used to call "My Little Secret."

Here are some reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-Monroe-My-Li...t/dp/1475101406

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Marilyn-Mo...s/9781475101409

Here a YouTube video from 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnnUgrtJJyI

This book sends serious warning bells to me. It accuses MM of paedophilia (what next?). The author claims MM (at age 25) had a lesbian affair with Jane Lawrence (at age 15). Funny how both of these women are no longer around to challenge this, even though the author is apparently 'telling' Lawrence's side of the story. Just another offensive book IMO that is trying to create controversy to cash in on Monroe's legend. You can see a preview of this book on Amazon and judge for yourself. yuk.gif
France
Agree with mberton !!!A "dirty" book !
Paju
So this is trash. If their only proof is the cover shot, it doesn't prove anything yet. And this is what gets published?!
Alanma
Have a look at the Amazon "customer reviews" supporting the book.

The way they attack those who dislike the book says volumes.
ronaldo
QUOTE(Alanma @ Jun 9 2012, 07:41 AM) *
Have a look at the Amazon "customer reviews" supporting the book.

The way they attack those who dislike the book says volumes.

Can't believe that any serious Marilyn fan would believe any of this. We did not even know about this book and on Amazon people are gushing about some trash...
Alanma
I see yet another roach has crept out the cracks.

"My Little Secret" by Tony Jerris.

Article today - 'She leaned in and kissed me full on the lips': Did Marilyn Monroe have a lesbian affair with a 16-year-old girl? | Mail Online
lorileime
ooohhh Nooooo. I just got this book in the mail today. I neglected to read the reviews. what have I done.

MissMonroe
How does Marilyn estate allow things like this to happen? I guess they can't stop tabloid like fodder being published.
ronaldo
http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=17301

wink3.gif

And indeed: incredible how crap like this can be published. I for sure will not spend my money on it.
Alanma
Ronaldo - I had quite forgotten this topic had arisen before !

Thank you !
ronaldo
Alan, this book should be forgotten so that is why you probably did not remember! wink3.gif
Tara
QUOTE(Alanma @ Jul 26 2012, 10:39 PM) *
I see yet another roach has crept out the cracks.

"My Little Secret" by Tony Jerris.

Article today - 'She leaned in and kissed me full on the lips': Did Marilyn Monroe have a lesbian affair with a 16-year-old girl? | Mail Online

This is the last straw for me, I refuse to read the Mail anymore. I hate the intrusive way they dig into people's lives. As for the book itself, who needs it when there are so many better ones coming out now?
Alanma
Tara, I know how you feel.
Mind you, one can't altogether blame the Mail. The Mail did not do the digging. Any popular paper will accept contributions from Authors' agents, publishers and any other leech involved who jogs the editor's elbow - "ere, mate want a bit o' dirt, sells papers...."
Tara
Yes, the Mail is certainly not alone in publishing questionable stories. But there have been rather a lot lately!
lorileime
In this book, Tony Jerris writes that the protagonist, Jane Lawrence was told by Marilyn that during the filming of Niagara, Henry Hathaway asked her to use some of her own wardrobe and she agreed and then got rental payment from the studio for suppying her own clothes. She actually charged the studio a fee. Could that be true?
mberton
QUOTE(lorileime @ Aug 1 2012, 02:03 AM) *
In this book, Tony Jerris writes that the protagonist, Jane Lawrence was told by Marilyn that during the filming of Niagara, Henry Hathaway asked her to use some of her own wardrobe and she agreed and then got rental payment from the studio for suppying her own clothes. She actually charged the studio a fee. Could that be true?

I suspect this is not true. Marilyn's total wardrobe for Niagara was designed by Dorothy Jeakins. She freelanced for the studios. The studio would have paid Jeakins to design and make the clothes. See the book Marilyn in Fashion - it has all the details. Jeakins also designed Marilyn's wardrobe for Let's Make Love.
Paju
Basically I wouldn't trust anything in that book.
Tara
Jane Lawrence is now deceased so we only have the author's word that she made these claims. And even if she did, we still couldn't be sure they were truthful. Jerris admitted that she was old and very isolated, and she might have felt that she needed to make an outrageous claim to hold his attention. She may not even have been of sound mind at the time, who knows. On the other hand, there's always a slight possibility that it is true so I can't discount it outright. I just feel that without Jane Lawrence's input or some kind of independent verification, we can't rely on this book unconditionally. As Marilyn once said, 'Consider the source.'
lorileime
So, in chapter 25, Marilyn rapes a 15 year old girl. Or, at the very least, she initiates sex between them. I guess technically it's rape since she's 15 years old, but it is written as a reciprocal act. Then in a subsequent chapter they do it again when the girl is 16. I'm still reading. It is a funny story if you take it as pure fiction. b By then end it is written that they had sex 7 times in total. Marilyn is apparently the one who called Janie her little secret. Fun stuff.
monty0330
http://www.inquisitr.com/286405/new-book-m...esbian-affairs/

"But until now, fewer knew she also had affairs with women. Radar Online reports that Monroe already allegedly admitted to encounters with movie stars such as Joan Crawford, Barbara Stanwyck, Marlene Dietrich and Elizabeth Taylor, she also seduced a 16-year-old girl who ran her fan club.

Author Tony Jerris wrote the book “Marilyn Monroe: My Little Secret, told by Jane Lawrence,” which includes the allegations of Monroe’s lesbian affair. Monroe met Jane Lawrence when Lawrence was 12, and the two bonded over having similar troubled family pasts. Lawrence struggled with her sexuality, but Monroe gave her comfort.

“She told her, ‘Whatever your sexual preference is, it means nothing — love is love,’” Jerris told Radar Online.

Monroe was 29 when the two first shared a sexual experience. Lawrence was 16."

I find it utterly disgusting when every anniversary new books come out that claim something that can't be proofed anymore especially when it comes to such intimate and private issues such as sexual orientation! This woman needed a buck and what's best than write a book about the worlds most famous sex-goddess! Does anybody know more about this Jane Lawrence. It says that she ran a fan club... Besides it's just ridiculous and noncredible that a 29 year old filmstar and a 16 year old psychotic fan have a sex affair. It's another story to the myth-building of Marilyn the promiscuous bombshell! angry.gif

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/286405/new-book-m...ZEARURIssGv0.99
Tara
Have merged your post with existing thread.

QUOTE(monty0330 @ Nov 15 2012, 04:04 PM) *
http://www.inquisitr.com/286405/new-book-m...esbian-affairs/
I find it utterly disgusting when every anniversary new books come out that claim something that can't be proofed anymore especially when it comes to such intimate and private issues such as sexual orientation! This woman needed a buck and what's best than write a book about the worlds most famous sex-goddess! Does anybody know more about this Jane Lawrence. It says that she ran a fan club... Besides it's just ridiculous and noncredible that a 29 year old filmstar and a 16 year old psychotic fan have a sex affair. It's another story to the myth-building of Marilyn the promiscuous bombshell! angry.gif
Celia
This kind of things should go to court. People shouldn´t have the right to insult others who can´t deffend themselves.
It is intolerable. She is calling Marilyn, a person who died 50 years ago, a pederast and still make money?? In what kind of world are we living? Why is this allowed? It is scaring.
Tara
I strongly agree, but I also think it's important to note that at this point, we only have the author Tony Jerris's word that Jane Lawrence said those things about Marilyn, or why. Now that both women are dead, only he can benefit. I have to wonder if she was still alive, would the book be the same or even exist at all?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.