Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn At Rainbow's End: Sex, Lies, Murder, And The Great Cover-up
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
CYRILPARIS
Marilyn At Rainbow's End: Sex, Lies, Murder, and the Great Cover-up [Paperback]
Darwin Porter (Author)
Paperback: 480 pages
Publisher: Blood Moon Productions (June 16, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1936003295
ISBN-13: 978-1936003297
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...p;x=11&y=18
http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-At-Rainbows-...2595&sr=1-1
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Marilyn-At...r/9781936003297
Click to view attachment

other cover
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/marilyn-at...rter/1107164426
Click to view attachment
zeldazonk61
I found this article on a new book that is coming out soon. I hope this is the right place to post it-I found reading it quite awful so be warned. But I think its needed if all true MM fans are going to determine the b.s from the the truth. And it seems most of whats going to be written in the book to me sounds like b.s and even slander (the part about Joe Dimaggion Jnr is truly a low blow and a shitty one at that).

Its from here http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/boo...vealed_2323.htm

London: Marilyn Monroe had an emotional showdown with America’s former First Lady Jackie Kennedy over her reported romance with the President, a month before she died in 1962, according to an explosive new book.

The tragic actress had threatened to go public with her affairs with John F. Kennedy and his brother Bobby, who was America’s Attorney General at the time, if her lover didn’t divorce his wife and marry her - and Jackie stepped in to make a personal plea to Monroe during a tense meeting at New York’s Carlyle Hotel, according to biographer Darwin Porter’s new book Marilyn: Rainbow’s End, the Daily Express reported.

In an extract, published in America’s Globe magazine, the author writes, “Jackie begged Marilyn not to publicly humiliate her children in front of the world. She also pleaded with Marilyn not to make John, Jr. and Caroline the victims of a divorce.”

Porter claims Monroe was touched by her heart-to-heart with Jackie and agreed to keep her romances with the President and his brother a secret, but the biographer alleges the actress had one more big surprise for Kennedy on the day before her death in August, 1962 - she called to tell the President she had aborted his baby.

Hours later, Monroe was found dead in her Los Angeles home. Her passing was ruled a suicide, but Porter has unearthed evidence that suggests the star was murdered by Chicago Mob boss Sam Giancana for refusing to help Mafia bosses poison Cuban leader Fidel Castro, who the author claims idolised the actress.

In Rainbow’s End, the biographer also claims Monroe had lesbian trysts with Joan Crawford, Marlene Dietrich and Elizabeth Taylor, who she allegedly bedded after a Frank Sinatra party in 1961.
Porter also suggests Monroe turned down a marriage offer from her one-time husband Joe DiMaggio’s son, romanced Elvis Presley and Sinatra and was the star of a collection of sex tapes secretly filmed by Mafia bosses to ruin her.
Cello
This book sounds like complete TRASH
In Rainbow’s End, the biographer also claims Monroe had lesbian trysts with Joan Crawford, Marlene Dietrich and Elizabeth Taylor, who she allegedly bedded after a Frank Sinatra party in 1961.

sensationalism, and what proof? Any fan who knows MM attitudes towards Taylor would know there's no way she would sleep with her. And like I mentioned in another post, Marilyn liked men. There's ZERO proof of ANY lesbian affair from any credible source*. Some even suspected she was slightly homophobic. (Yet, people today insist on turning her into a gay icon, even though she never uttered words FOR it. Way to use a dead woman for your political cause.)

I won't be buying this.

reading his bio online, it seems no one takes his hollywood bios seriously. It's tabloid trash.

*miner tapes are not considered credible, I would think after finding many inaccuracies and contradictions to known facts
mberton
QUOTE(zeldazonk61 @ May 21 2012, 12:02 AM) *
I found this article on a new book that is coming out soon. I hope this is the right place to post it-I found reading it quite awful so be warned. But I think its needed if all true MM fans are going to determine the b.s from the the truth. And it seems most of whats going to be written in the book to me sounds like b.s and even slander (the part about Joe Dimaggion Jnr is truly a low blow and a shitty one at that).

Its from here http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/boo...vealed_2323.htm

London: Marilyn Monroe had an emotional showdown with America’s former First Lady Jackie Kennedy over her reported romance with the President, a month before she died in 1962, according to an explosive new book.

The tragic actress had threatened to go public with her affairs with John F. Kennedy and his brother Bobby, who was America’s Attorney General at the time, if her lover didn’t divorce his wife and marry her - and Jackie stepped in to make a personal plea to Monroe during a tense meeting at New York’s Carlyle Hotel, according to biographer Darwin Porter’s new book Marilyn: Rainbow’s End, the Daily Express reported.

In an extract, published in America’s Globe magazine, the author writes, “Jackie begged Marilyn not to publicly humiliate her children in front of the world. She also pleaded with Marilyn not to make John, Jr. and Caroline the victims of a divorce.”

Porter claims Monroe was touched by her heart-to-heart with Jackie and agreed to keep her romances with the President and his brother a secret, but the biographer alleges the actress had one more big surprise for Kennedy on the day before her death in August, 1962 - she called to tell the President she had aborted his baby.

Hours later, Monroe was found dead in her Los Angeles home. Her passing was ruled a suicide, but Porter has unearthed evidence that suggests the star was murdered by Chicago Mob boss Sam Giancana for refusing to help Mafia bosses poison Cuban leader Fidel Castro, who the author claims idolised the actress.

Porter also suggests Monroe turned down a marriage offer from her one-time husband Joe DiMaggio’s son, romanced Elvis Presley and Sinatra and was the star of a collection of sex tapes secretly filmed by Mafia bosses to ruin her.

This is utter rubbish. Opportunistic publishing for 50th anniversary of MM's death. No proof for any of this. I too won't be buying this.
zeldazonk61
Yay...so glad we all agree, found the article this morning and made me so angry it ruined my morning. Had to post it to confirm my own anger was justified haha...so thanks guys.
a monroeist
QUOTE(Cello @ May 21 2012, 03:25 AM) *
*miner tapes are not considered credible, I would think after finding many inaccuracies and contradictions to known facts

to be precise - Miner's silly "notes", pure disgraceful crap, simply put

no proof that any Greenson's "tapes" ever existed
Tara
Merged with book thread. You can read the original Globe article here (though 'original' probably gives too much credit to what is basically a rehash of old rumours)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwMDrIx_UX0...yeU0/edit?pli=1
melanie
I refuse ordering this one.
Cello
QUOTE(a monroeist @ May 21 2012, 02:53 AM) *
to be precise - Miner's silly "notes", pure disgraceful crap, simply put

no proof that any Greenson's "tapes" ever existed

LOL exactly... I didn't think I even needed to mention that, but I forget there are newbies here! marilynbybrandon_190.gif
a monroeist
QUOTE(Cello @ May 23 2012, 10:08 AM) *
marilynbybrandon_190.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif biggrin.gif bye1.gif
Alanma
I found this "book" in a Remainder shop a few days ago, and have just had a quick read.
When I find a new book on Marilyn I always look first at any section dealing with her time in England, as a sort of benchmark.
This book is so bad it is truly hilarious; the sort of thing a naughty boy would scribble on a toilet wall.
Every other word begins with "f" or seems to.
There is no coherent timeline.
Among other things, we are told that Marilyn's thought, when presented to the Queen, was, apparently, of how the Queen was looking at her breasts, and wondered if Her Majesty shared lesbian tendencies with Princess Margaret, as she had been told by Marlon Brando.
After the Presentation, Marilyn slept with Victor Mature.
This was followed by an affaire with Prince Philip, who had "summoned" her to his bedchamber.. Marilyn was certain he was the father of her baby boy, and discussed whether or not, should anything happen to the Royal Family, the child would become King of England. On another page, the baby is claimed to be a girl.
It gets better.
Marilyn, it appears, told Paula Strasberg that Prince Philip wanted to divorce Queen Elizabeth and marry her.
Elsewhere, physical and medical details about JFK and others are slurped over with relish.
This book is the Goon Show on Speed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.