ISBN-10: 2021082601
ISBN-13: 978-2021082609

http://www.amazon.fr/Girl-waiting-Dessins-...1893&sr=1-1
Tara
This is the one with Marilyn's artwork, right? Can't wait! clapping.gif
CYRILPARIS
QUOTE(Tara @ Mar 21 2012, 08:24 PM) *
This is the one with Marilyn's artwork, right? Can't wait! clapping.gif

Yes! It's the second book published by Le Seuil from trilogy Marilyn's books after Fragments in 2010.
suusmarie
Thanks Eric for letting us know about all these new books clapping.gif
mberton
Does anyone know if this will have an English edition?
Tara
QUOTE(mberton @ Mar 25 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Does anyone know if this will have an English edition?

Yes smile1.gif
Kevin
That's brilliant news, love it! Thanks you guys/girls...
mberton
If you go to the link below you will see two sample pages from this upcoming book. Interesting that this book is only 64 pages. Quite small.

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/3098...d-comment/1220/
Tara
I wonder when the English version will come out?
ronaldo
This looks like a little must have. I cannot find more info about the book and I hope it will be in English very soon. Otherwise I will order the French version for sure.
CYRILPARIS
I was disappointed by this book. This is a small book (60 pages) and the paper is not of good quality. Photos of Joshua Logan are not good quality too. The intepretation of Marilyn's drawings is subjective, no one can really know what she was thinking on her moment time.
Tara
As there is no sign of the English version yet (which is strange), I've ordered the French edition from Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-waiting-Maril...3717&sr=1-1
Paju
Is the French version the only one in sight? We've talked about a possible English edition, but what about other languages?
Tara
So far it seems the French version is the only one... unsure.gif
mberton
QUOTE(Tara @ May 16 2012, 07:00 PM) *
So far it seems the French version is the only one... unsure.gif

Looking forward to your review once you receive the book Tara.
melanie
I'm also very disappointed by this book. Bad quality of printing for the pictures. Marilyn's drawings are well known or in bad quality too.
This a real disappointment after the great and amazing book "Fragments".
Tara
My copy just arrived. It's a slim, hardback volume - more like a well-produced exhibition catalogue than a full-length book. I don't think Marilyn's drawings will appeal to everyone, as some of them are a bit basic, but others are very interesting indeed. The Josh Logan photos are accompanied by reproductions of the artworks she posed with. There isn't much text so it won't be hard to translate. My main criticism is that they could have included most of it in a larger edition of Fragments, but it's a nice curiosity nonetheless. I'll definitely be writing a review for my blog when I've had a better look, and will post a link here.
lorileime
Is there a book that shows Marilyn's artwork?
Tara
QUOTE(lorileime @ May 29 2012, 03:20 PM) *
Is there a book that shows Marilyn's artwork?

You're in the right place...
ronaldo
Any idea if this book will be published in English?
mberton
Is there a thread of the photos Joshua Logan took of Marilyn with the artwork? I can't find one if there is.
Paju
I don't think this book has been published in English and I doubt that it will. I've seen a Russian edition online as well as the French one. It looks like this book is becoming rare... and I just ordered myself a copy! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.