Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Norma Jean And Marilyn - Movie
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Documentaries
Shine84
I just found a movie about Marilynīs life on German TV. Itīs called "Norma Jean and Marilyn" in German: "Marilyn - Ihr Leben".

If anyone from Germany is online right now, u can find it on digital Kabel-TV on the channel KinoweltTV.

Hereīs the link:

http://www.kinowelt.tv/programm.php?tt=16/48/11/8/2011/1040657

Iīve never seen this movie before, itīs with Ashley Judd (as Norma Jeane) and Mira Sorvino (as Marilyn).

thumbup1.gif
nzmermaid
QUOTE(Shine84 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:07 AM) *
I just found a movie about Marilynīs life on German TV. Itīs called "Norma Jean and Marilyn" in German: "Marilyn - Ihr Leben".

If anyone from Germany is online right now, u can find it on digital Kabel-TV on the channel KinoweltTV.

Hereīs the link:

http://www.kinowelt.tv/programm.php?tt=16/48/11/8/2011/1040657

Iīve never seen this movie before, itīs with Ashley Judd (as Norma Jeane) and Mira Sorvino (as Marilyn).

thumbup1.gif

Ashley Judd is good as Norma Jeane. Mira Sorvino fulfills every single slutty, dumb cliche every expressed about Marilyn. Such a shame the character is simply a cardboard cutout dumb blonde, who talks to her old self.

The recreation of the red velvet calendar shoot and other scenes with Ashley Judd are well done though. Storyline sucks!
Kevin
QUOTE(nzmermaid @ Aug 11 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Mira Sorvino fulfills every single slutty, dumb cliche every expressed about Marilyn. Such a shame the character is simply a cardboard cutout dumb blonde, who talks to her old self.

The recreation of the red velvet calendar shoot and other scenes with Ashley Judd are well done though. Storyline sucks!

"Storyline sucks!" I repeat this to emphasize how stupid this film is. Most of you know my feelings about any MM related recreations based on books (or mostly imaginations) that really have no merit and again treat her as a dumb blonde. I really don't look forward to seeing Michelle Williams play Marilyn either...I would rather see Robin Williams...he would do a better job. LOL! Something tells me it will be the same garbage as this. Of course I never liked Dawson's Creek to begin with so...

Take care.
meganmarilyn
Forget that movie.

The best if not one of the best was "Marilyn: The Untold Story (1980)". Starring Cathrine Hicks as Marilyn, she is superb. Most people still regard this as the best movie biography of Marilyn. throb.gif

You tube links here...
http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=16580
Kevin
Wow Megan, I really liked it...thanks for the link! biggrin.gif

Its funny, everytime I see Cathrine Hicks, I think of 7th Heaven. wacko.gif Heh, sorry. blushing.gif
mm_artiste
QUOTE(Kevin @ Aug 11 2011, 10:03 PM) *
"Storyline sucks!" I repeat this to emphasize how stupid this film is. Most of you know my feelings about any MM related recreations based on books (or mostly imaginations) that really have no merit and again treat her as a dumb blonde. I really don't look forward to seeing Michelle Williams play Marilyn either...I would rather see Robin Williams...he would do a better job. LOL! Something tells me it will be the same garbage as this. Of course I never liked Dawson's Creek to begin with so...

Take care.

My thoughts exactly. I sat through every boring minute of the Norma Jeane/Marilyn movie hoping that it would get better... boy was I disappointed. I do enjoy Ms. Judd's work in other films and think she did a pretty good job in this one. Sorvino's portrayal of Marilyn was quite unnerving... to be diplomatic. She seemed to focus solely on any disturbing behaviors Marilyn may have had and never portrayed any of her sweet or funny characteristics. I'll stick with documentaries and books thank you very much.
Scottish Sugar
I forced myself to sit through all of this today.. this is the biggest pile of CRAP! I can't believe how awful both portrayals are of Norma Jeane and Marilyn.

Awful... simply awful. I won't be watching it again, ever.
mberton
Just one word - terrible. Don't waste your time.
Shine84
thank u for your link @Megan!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.