Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn's Movie Locations
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's movies
princesshapnick
I love this kind of topic. It allows your imagination to go wild....sort of! coolio.gif

If you could choose to live in any of the towns or cities that Marilyn's film characters lived in, which one would it be? Even if the towns or cities that Marilyn's movie characters lived in were fictional, this is just a topic of if you could ever live there. I'll give a few examples - so whether it be in the big house featured in How to Marry A Millionaire (1953); or perhaps you may want to try to live in The Girl's apartment flat in The Seven Year Itch (1955) in baking hot New York; or maybe even the room suite directly next to Niagara Falls in Niagara (1953). Which one would you like to try to live in and for whatever reason?

Me, personally? Rather obvious answer really but I honestly would love the opportunity to live in the 1920s-era in Some Like It Hot (1959) and try staying at the Seminole Ritz Hotel in Florida (which I know, in real life, is the Hotel Del Coronado) but this is another example that you can pick an answer even if it is a fictional place. I hope this all makes sense! I would just love to try and live in this hotel because I love the look and layout of the hotel rooms (which I know were probably studio sets but again, in movie land, these sets were 'real places'!) and the fact that the beach is just at the back of the hotel. And of course, there's the dance hall with the bandstand for the night activities etc. It would be just lovely!

So, out of Marilyn's movies, where would your choice(s) be? blush.gif

If you think I'm just plain odd, tell me! But I already know. helpsmilie.gif

I don't mind saying that I'm pretty-darn happy with how everything is at this moment in my personal life so this is probably why! Forgive me! wub.gif
TwinklingStar
QUOTE(princesshapnick @ Mar 9 2011, 07:41 PM) *
I love this kind of topic. It allows your imagination to go wild....sort of! coolio.gif

If you could choose to live in any of the towns or cities that Marilyn's film characters lived in, which one would it be? Even if the towns or cities that Marilyn's movie characters lived in were fictional, this is just a topic of if you could ever live there. I'll give a few examples - so whether it be in the big house featured in How to Marry A Millionaire (1953); or perhaps you may want to try to live in The Girl's apartment flat in The Seven Year Itch (1955) in baking hot New York; or maybe even the room suite directly next to Niagara Falls in Niagara (1953). Which one would you like to try to live in and for whatever reason?

Me, personally? Rather obvious answer really but I honestly would love the opportunity to live in the 1920s-era in Some Like It Hot (1959) and try staying at the Seminole Ritz Hotel in Florida (which I know, in real life, is the Hotel Del Coronado) but this is another example that you can pick an answer even if it is a fictional place. I hope this all makes sense! I would just love to try and live in this hotel because I love the look and layout of the hotel rooms (which I know were probably studio sets but again, in movie land, these sets were 'real places'!) and the fact that the beach is just at the back of the hotel. And of course, there's the dance hall with the bandstand for the night activities etc. It would be just lovely!

So, out of Marilyn's movies, where would your choice(s) be? blush.gif

If you think I'm just plain odd, tell me! But I already know. helpsmilie.gif

I don't mind saying that I'm pretty-darn happy with how everything is at this moment in my personal life so this is probably why! Forgive me! wub.gif

Niagara hands down. I have an obsession with Niagara Falls!
bonadrag
I think I would want to live in The Girl's apartment in New York, since I've always wanted to visit NYC. I don't know if I'd be able to stand the heat though! Maybe I'd only live there when it's not hot, and then live on the cruise ship from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes the rest of the time. That would be fun, especially with the Olympic team on board.laugh.gif
Scottish Sugar
Great question!

Initially, my gut reaction was the same as yours: "The Seminole Ritz" in Florida. But in reality, that was only a temporary location for Sugar and I'm sure, just like the Hotel Del Coronado in reality, you'd have to be somewhat of a millionaire to afford to stay there full time! hehe.

I guess I'll say the apartment in "How To Marry A Millionaire", I love the idea of living in New York and living with my 2 girlfriends and meeting many men and going for dinner wearing gorgeous evening gowns, cocktails and generally living the high life!

I guess I could live in the "Millionaire" apartment and have the "Seminole Ritz" as my holiday home!

*IF ONLY!*

But I'm really happy that your personal life is going so well! I like to see people happy smile1.gif
lorileime
In the big house with the swimming pool from SGTG. LA is my favorite place to live other than Italy.
Paju
Great idea!

Hmm, my choices would probably be the following:
-Paris, the girls from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes apparently live there for a while, although we don't get to see where
-New York, either the Millionaire apartment or The Girl's apartment (we don't get to see that either)
-Los Angeles, the house from SGTG (thank you for reminding me, Tony)
Tara
I might be crazy, but of all those locations, I'm most drawn to Reno and the desert.
Joanna
QUOTE(Tara @ May 6 2011, 07:21 PM) *
I might be crazy, but of all those locations, I'm most drawn to Reno and the desert.

I would say Reno as well... Its a party city!
Retro Swimwear
retro swimsuits
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.