release date for November 2010
It seems amazing and interesting I love the picture on the cover
xoxo
Chris
Paju
Looks great!
MarilynLivesSociety
Oh My Goodness!!!! jumpymm.gif

I have just pre-ordered three books from Amazon.... Guess I will be adding a forth! I wonder why there are so many Marilyn books coming out just now? I'm not complaining though - it gives us all something to look forward to in the autumn and winter months!

Love
Michelle
Joan Newman
QUOTE(MarilynLivesSociety @ Jul 12 2010, 05:23 PM) *
Oh My Goodness!!!! jumpymm.gif
I have just pre-ordered three books from Amazon.... Guess I will be adding a forth! I wonder why there are so many Marilyn books coming out just now? I'm not complaining though - it gives us all something to look forward to in the autumn and winter months!

Love
Michelle

I posted pictures from the book under photographer John Vachon:

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?sh...126#entry199579
Paju
I haven't yet pre-ordered anything, but I'm really looking forward to Fragments, Cindy De La Hoz's new book, Lois Banner and Mark Anderson's MM: Personal - and now this one! And I finally ordered Jenna Glatzer's Marilyn Monroe Treasures biggrin.gif
MarilynLivesSociety
Thanks so much for posting those pics Nettie! I was enthralled by the one with the children at the pool because one of the children actually wrote about this in my book! If I remember rightly, she swam up to Marilyn and Marilyn tried to pull her out but almost pulled herself into the pool in the process. Something like that any way! It was extraordinary to see the picture. I can't wait for the book!!!

Love
Michelle
xx
Joan Newman
Now you guys have me thinking of this lovely book.
I buy books if they have REALLY RARE beautiful images only. Or great reading material that hasn't been printed millions of times.
magda24
Yes Yes |Yes! The cover picture is fantastic! I will def. be buying this one.
LuvBabyJane
Hi all...This book looks awsome!

I want to Pre Order From Amazon, but...what happens on a pre order?...as in, do they take you money straight away or when the book comes in?

So excited about this book...so much so, I have not posted in, well, many months, have not been at all well, but felt compelled to post on this book! jumpymm.gif
MarilynLivesSociety
Hello bye1.gif

Nice to see you again! Sorry you haven't been well but I hope you are on the mend now.

No, Amazon don't take the money out straight away, nothing comes out until the book is being dispatched. I have four Marilyn books on pre order at the moment - so exciting!

Hope this helps.

Love
Michelle
xxx
LuvBabyJane
Hi Michelle...Great to say hello, it's been soooo long!

I hope you are well!...Wow. what four books do you have on order, I might have to copy you! lol!

I think I will pop off to Amazon and pre Order! jumpymm.gif
MarilynLivesSociety
QUOTE(LuvBabyJane @ Jul 15 2010, 11:23 AM) *
Hi Michelle...Great to say hello, it's been soooo long!

I hope you are well!...Wow. what four books do you have on order, I might have to copy you! lol!

I think I will pop off to Amazon and pre Order! jumpymm.gif

Hello

The books I have pre-ordered are Marilyn Monroe: The Final Year; Marilyn Monroe: The Personal Archive; Fragments; and the Lois Banner one which I've forgotten the name of but I think it has the word personal in the title! LOL!

There are threads for all of those books on here, so take a look and get pre-ordering! LOL!

Love
M
xx
nathalie
It looks wonderful (look some pics in rare tribute)
Marloes
I'm so excited for this book! I have tons of picture books and I love new ones!
~TheGirl~
How gorgeous doese this book look! I cant wait smile1.gif
Emma
I found more pictures of this book
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Paju
Thank you for posting smile1.gif Those are beautiful pictures - I especially love those of MM and Joe - and now I'm sure that I'll have to get this book!
Emma
You're welcome !
i love theses pictures ...Marilyn is so beautiful, i would like to buy this book now !
Paju
Me too! I think Marilyn looked wonderful when her hair was a little longer, like in these photos.
We have so many wonderful MM books to look forward to this fall - this one, Fragments, Cindy de la Hoz's new book... I don't know how I'm able to wait biggrin.gif
Tara
Thanks Emma! Looks like a truly special book marilynbybrandon_190.gif
nathalie
send more pics, please.....

clapping.gif
QUOTE(Emma @ Aug 22 2010, 06:03 PM) *
nathalie
thanks...
AmandaHavok
I found a couple more photos from the book jumpymm.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Stacy
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
LuvBabyJane
Oh My, My!! Fantastic photos'...Love the one of Marilyn on the Ski Lift, that is just awsome!! jumpymm.gif
nathalie
thanks Stacy.
Stacy
Got my book today. Fabulous!!! I'm so pleased with it
Stacy
marilynbybrandon_190.gif
lorileime
I got my book yesterday and read through it already. I don't think there is really a lot that we haven't seen before and I noticed that some of the photos didn't reproduce well. They look very flat and cartoon-like for some reason. Especially the ones of her and JD. But, the letters that Vachon wrote to his wife back home are very well worth the price of admission for this book. He really told it like he saw it. Was scathing of Alan Ladd and Robert Mitchum and said MM was sweet and sort of dumb (in a good way). He seemingly like Shelley Winters a bit more. A nice addition to my collection. Glad I got it.
Stacy
I agree with you. Not a lot of new info. Some of the photos are not as clear and sharp as they could have been. But I've wanted to see the photos for so long. Now I also wonder what photos were left out. But I'm glad I bought it.
meganmarilyn
Thanxs everyone!

Wow, the photos are so beautiful! I love how the sunlight surrounds her. And the photo of her tongue out for the camera, classic Marilyn! throb.gif
Paju
I thought the book wasn't supposed to be released until the end of October! Well, this is better biggrin.gif I love the pictures, thanks so much for posting them. Also it's good to hear what you think of the book.
suusmarie
Thanks so much Stacy, beautiful photos clapping.gif
chris
But do you have yet this book ?
I don't understand as it was programmed for the end of October
Chris
Stacy
Yes. I received it on Sept. 29. Amazon said the arrival date had been revised, several times in fact.
Alanma
On the TV news -

http://itn.co.uk/219f655af4d01a9fefc94f801b30a3c0.html
CYRILPARIS
QUOTE(chickeyonthego @ Oct 2 2010, 09:05 AM) *
Yes. I received it on Sept. 29. Amazon said the arrival date had been revised, several times in fact.

Thanks Stacy!
And really 100 pictures in the book ? How much unknoww ?
chris
Stacy How could you receive this book ?
I've visited many websites and in all of them the book is unavailable for the moment
You are a very very lucky girl
Chris
Paju
Chris (and everyone else),
I found the book available on The Book Depository. I've ordered from them a couple of times before, and they even have free shipping smile1.gif
chris
Thank you so much
I've ordered one here too
And I've to cancell the order on amazon
Chris
Fav
QUOTE(chris @ Oct 3 2010, 09:46 AM) *
Stacy How could you receive this book ?
I've visited many websites and in all of them the book is unavailable for the moment
You are a very very lucky girl
Chris

It seems to be available from Amazon in the USA Chris. Maybe America got a release before the rest of the world.
chris
Yes I've got it too and Wow !!!!
Chris
mmmMarilyn
Got this book for Christmas! I love the photos, but Vachon sounds like a real complainer! haha, granted, he was a documentary photographer and so naturally he'd hate the posed Hollywood type stuff - but come on man! This is MM! haha. Nonetheless, the book is lovely.
nathalie
Could someone send more pics, please....I can't find the book.
Paju
I have to get this book sooner or later. Maybe in March along with Lois Banner's new book smile1.gif
Monroestar
I got this book for Christmas. Not read it yet but the photos - WOW!!!! Amazing smile1.gif X
Marloes
I haven't read it either yet, but the pictures are so worth buying this book!
MsMonroeFan
I have this book, I think it it AMAZING!! I love it for the Joe & Marilyn photos (I know that there are the many stories that he abused her but I think he truly did love her)
mare
Thank you everyone for posting pics. Vachon's pics are lovely... the one of MM in the ski lift is amazing and fabulous!

Hmm, this is on my list to buy...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.