Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Firefox
Everlasting Star Community > Off topic discussion > Test your posting skills
magda24
Ever since I uptaded my Mozilla Firefox browser to 3.6.3. version, I've been experiencing problems with ES. Whenever I post (that does not include posting by Fast Reply), there's no cursor on screen and I can't edit my posts by for example moving cursor to a certain place. I still can post but I can't choose where to post the text in reply window or can't edit properly. I can't explain it clearly, it's so weird. Has anyone else have it?
audreyfan1
Yes, I'm having the same problem. It seems that there are a lot of little bugs that need to be worked out with the new version of Firefox. I've talked to a few people who are experiences a bunch of different problems with it.
Alanma
I use Firefox 3.6.3. too, and find I lose the cursor when trying to 'quote' a preceding post in a reply on ES.
This does not happen when I do the same sort of thing on other sites, so maybe there is an incompatibility problem just with ES?
Alanma
I've just installed Firefox 3.6.4, but the problem is still there.

No problem if I use the otherwise horrible I.E. 8
magda24
Yes, nothing has changed. I sometimes use Opera instead but I would rather see this problem fixed since Firefox is my first browser.
Alanma
Just discovered I can't raise a 'new topic' either.
Nancy
I'm running version 3.6.4 and I don't seem to be having any problems... mellow.gif
Alanma
Firefox has just 'upgraded' me to 3.6.6., but the problem is still there.
Alanma
Now up to 3.6.8, but the problem persists.
It is not there on other boards.
princesshapnick
Hmmm, for some reason, I can't seem to start a new thread?? It allows me to click on the button to start a thread, but I can't seem to type anything in the box. I can type in 'fast reply', which I use a lot, but when I click 'add reply', the flashing cursor thing (that types the letters) will not appear in the box. Don't know if it is to do with Firefox or ES or it's my laptop (got it recently and the problem only started recently....)
magda24
It's the same problem I have. No cursor when adding pictures and respond in "add repply" mode. Only "fast reply| option is working. It's really frustrating.
princesshapnick
^Yep, sounds like the same problem. I am constantly using "Fast Reply" (as I am now obviously!) in order to make any posts. I cannot start a new thread. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.