Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions About Lionel Grandison
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's mysterious death > General discussion
Juliet17101
Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions about the former deputy coroner's aide Lionel Grandison and I'm hoping a few MM experts can help me out. Firstly, I was told by another MM fan that Grandison told Theodore Curphey that he had noted injection marks on Marilyn's body, however I read a quote from him where he stated the bruising on her legs may have indicated injection sites. Are either remarks true? Also in regards to his claim about the infamous red diary - I was sure aside from Jeanne Carmen, Robert Slatzer and Ted Jordan he was the only other person who claimed to have seen it. I don't feel it ever existed but I am wondering if there were others who had seen it?
Also, the red appointment book from the Julien's auction in 2005 - was that a) authentic and b) did anyone ever make a connection between this book and the diary?
Also another q about Grandison I recently read in an MM biography that he was fired from his job for stealing and I checked the LA Times Archive. Unfortunately the article is pay-per-view and the site won't accept my debit card unfortunately. The headline stated 3 men were charged with using a man's gas credit I believe. And I also read on several websites that he was a convict? I have asked people about this but they said it was untrue, and it's just bugging me now whether it is or not!
Thanks.

~R
Margherita
QUOTE(Juliet17101 @ Aug 12 2009, 12:17 AM) *
Also another q about Grandison I recently read in an MM biography that he was fired from his job for stealing and I checked the LA Times Archive. Unfortunately the article is pay-per-view and the site won't accept my debit card unfortunately. The headline stated 3 men were charged with using a man's gas credit I believe. And I also read on several websites that he was a convict? I have asked people about this but they said it was untrue, and it's just bugging me now whether it is or not!
Thanks.

~R

Well, how does it matter if Grandison was fired from his job, stole something, was charged for something or was a convict because of something? I mean how do those things make him a less good wittness about Marilyn if he knew something, saw something?
Were all the other hundreds or thousands of people in Marilyn's life some kind of saints? hypocrite.gif
LasseK
QUOTE(Juliet17101 @ Aug 11 2009, 10:17 PM) *
Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions about the former deputy coroner's aide Lionel Grandison and I'm hoping a few MM experts can help me out. Firstly, I was told by another MM fan that Grandison told Theodore Curphey that he had noted injection marks on Marilyn's body, however I read a quote from him where he stated the bruising on her legs may have indicated injection sites. Are either remarks true? Also in regards to his claim about the infamous red diary - I was sure aside from Jeanne Carmen, Robert Slatzer and Ted Jordan he was the only other person who claimed to have seen it. I don't feel it ever existed but I am wondering if there were others who had seen it?
Also, the red appointment book from the Julien's auction in 2005 - was that a) authentic and b) did anyone ever make a connection between this book and the diary?
Thanks.
~R

Hi Rachel,

Unfortunately I don't have full answers to your questions. I know I have more information on what you're asking about, but I can't find it right now. If I find it I will get back to you.

As for the red diary, there it's debatable whether the one supposed to have been at the coroner's office actually was 1) a diary at all or 2) the diary which I think Carmen claimed that Marilyn had.

Yes, it's true that Grandison was convicted and spent a six months in jail for using a dead person's gasoline credit card.
This was shortly after Marilyn's death. He was 22 years old at the time.

Lasse
Juliet17101
QUOTE(LasseK @ Sep 1 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Hi Rachel,

Unfortunately I don't have full answers to your questions. I know I have more information on what you're asking about, but I can't find it right now. If I find it I will get back to you.

As for the red diary, there it's debatable whether the one supposed to have been at the coroner's office actually was 1) a diary at all or 2) the diary which I think Carmen claimed that Marilyn had.

Yes, it's true that Grandison was convicted and spent a six months in jail for using a dead person's gasoline credit card.
This was shortly after Marilyn's death. He was 22 years old at the time.

Lasse

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd forgotten about posting this! It doesn't matter to me about Grandison being a convict, nor am I judging him either or implying that he was less of a good witness. I was just interested when it came up in conversation about him, thats all. I hadn't heard it before so I wasn't sure if it were true.
jonas
In case you haven't seen it, here's a link where he appeared on "In Search Of", hosted by Leonard Nimoy back in 1981! It's in three parts and he appears in either part 2 or 3. To see it from the beginning:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHRGXeSfq0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.