Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That Darn Phone
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's mysterious death > General discussion
sdpt
Recently, I was imagining a great fantasy of mine the other day, to buy Marilyn's Brentwood home once I became a famous writer that made 12 million a day. After imagining that I was interested in what happened on that fatal night/ morning. In my head I was going through everything I had read and seen on documentaries, and such; I came to this particular point that has been bugging me ever since, the phone. This whole entire time I had viewed Marliyn as a having commited suicide (only someone as great as Marilyn could only be killed by no one other than herself).

Eunice Murray had said Marilyn had taken the phone and phone line into her room, and closed and locked the door behind her. - my question is, Was that the only phone line in the entire house? Did Marilyn have TWO phone lines? If not, then how did the housekeeper manage to call Marilyn's doctor while the phone was behind the locked door? If there was another phone line, did those phone records vanish too? Would another sign of knowing something was wrong with Marilyn be that there was a dial tone from the phone she was clutching? If the doctor and Eunice had entered the room, wouldn't they have removed the phone so that the doctor could determine if Marilyn was respondent or not? If I do become a famous writer who makes 12 million a day would that make me cool? unsure.gif
Robby
As far as I know, Marilyn had several telephones in her house.
the.mmmm.girl
As far as I know MM had two phone lines at her Brentwood home: #4761890 and #4724830
Aimee-Monroe
I read somewhere that Eunice had listened in on Marilyn's phone call to Joe Di Maggio Jnr, earlier on that day, via another phone in the house which would have ment that it was the same phone line.

The only thing is, if Marilyn died with the phone in her hand, it would have ment that there would be a 'dead' line, to which no one could make a call from ...

This theory is completley invalid though if, there was another telephone line in the house

xxx

Gary5
QUOTE(Aimee-Monroe @ Aug 14 2009, 02:17 PM) *
I read somewhere that Eunice had listened in on Marilyn's phone call to Joe Di Maggio Jnr, earlier on that day, via another phone in the house which would have ment that it was the same phone line.

The only thing is, if Marilyn died with the phone in her hand, it would have ment that there would be a 'dead' line, to which no one could make a call from ...

This theory is completley invalid though if, there was another telephone line in the house

xxx

I to have given some thought to this theory. If left off the hook, those old Bell phones would admit a very loud busy signal. According to Peter Lawford he tried calling Marilyn back several times but the line was busy. When he could not reach her on her private line he called Micky Rudin the attorney place a call to Eunice to see if Marilyn was OK. Of course the way the story unfolds is, Eunice said that Marilyn was OK. I believe Eunice must have heard that busy signal coming through the door around 8pm, and that is when she new something was terribly wrong. Could be that Eunice and Dr. Ralph Greenson administered that fatal dose to Marilyn accidently just a short time eariler and it is then that she decided to say Marilyn was Ok then frantically called Dr. Greenson to come over right away because something was wrong. Yes if there was a BUSY SIGNAL that woud be a dead give away. How could Eunice ignore a busy signal beeping from form behind Marilyn's door!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.