Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem Saving Pictures
Everlasting Star Community > Off topic discussion > Test your posting skills
Lacrymosa
It seems like I can't save anymore any picture that is posted here as an attachment... Am I the only one ? I only have this problem on ES and I can save any other picture that is not posted as an attachment unsure.gif
Nancy
I had the same problem yesterday(and today), when I tried to save an attached photo, the filename for each one said "go.click" and it wasn't an image file.
Tara
I don't know why this is, but will try and get back to you bye1.gif
Nancy
Thanks, Tara. balloon.gif
magda24
QUOTE(Nancy @ May 2 2009, 07:38 PM) *
I had the same problem yesterday(and today), when I tried to save an attached photo, the filename for each one said "go.click" and it wasn't an image file.

I have the same problem but when I save a picture, I change the name to something.jpg (instead of go.click, for example mm.jpg)and it works
Nancy
QUOTE(magda24 @ May 2 2009, 05:37 PM) *
I have the same problem but when I save a picture, I change the name to something.jpg (instead of go.click, for example mm.jpg)and it works

Ooh, I didn't think of trying that! Thanks! thumbup1.gif
mels
Hey guys,

Thanks for posting about this issue. I think I might know where this is coming from. I'll take a look into this issue ASAP, I hope to have it solved in the upcoming days smile1.gif

I'll keep you updated here in this thread smile1.gif

PS/ Can you let me know which browser you are using ?
magda24
I'm using Firefox 3 bye1.gif
Lacrymosa
Firefox too.
Fav
I had a problem saving some photos over the last few weeks. When I opened them up and right click to save it just zooms in on the photos then when I click again it zooms out. Not sure what is going on there, if it is my computer or not. Sometimes is ok, sometimes not. I'm on Internet Explorer and not sure if this is the same problem you guys have been having.
Nancy
I'm using Firefox 3.0
jennie2000
I have three browsers on my computer, only on Opera there is no problem with the pictures.
Firefox tries saving them as "go", Internet Explorer as "untitled". Very weird.
I hope you find out what the problem is Mels!

edit: actually IE crashes when I'm on here
Nancy
QUOTE(magda24 @ May 2 2009, 05:37 PM) *

Is everyone doing this? You should, it's an easy temporary solution until the problem is resolved. thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
Marilyn2Bonnie
Hello! Everyone,..Thank God! I Just Found This And Read It..
Because I Too Am Having The Very Same Trouble..???
It Has Been Over A Week Now???
I Can Not Copy And Paste Any Marilyn Pictures Into My Folders??
BUT..Anywhere Elese..Just Perfect! No Trouble At All Everything Works Just Fine..
So This is For Me Only Happening On Everlastings Site???...SAD...I MISS MY PICTURES
But Sure Glad To Know Its not Just Me Or My Computor
Please Get Everlasting Fixed,,,Were Missing Out On So Much..
Thanks! To Everyone marilynbybrandon_190.gif
I LOVE THIS SITE! throb.gif
princesshapnick
Yes, I'm having the same problem. I use Firefox and I went to save a picture from an attachment and it was going to save it as "go.click" as well. Strange but I'm glad I'm not the only one and it's not just my computer/internet.

And it only happens with ES.
mels
To everyone,

I've tweaked the attachments' code a bit. I think things should now work like they used to.
Can you make a few tests and let me know if things work better for you now ?

Thanks a bunch

Mels
Lacrymosa
It works for me !

Thank you Mélanie thumbup1.gif
LasseK
Hi all,

Just the last couple of hours something happened here - I can no longer open pictures in separate windows. They all open in one and the same window. Very annoying. (Internet Explorer.)

Since a couple of months ago clicking "Go to last unread post" doesn't take me to the post anymore, but to the last page only. Anyone else had this? (I assumed it's my computer, but who knows..?

Lasse
jennie2000
QUOTE(LasseK @ May 4 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Just the last couple of hours something happened here - I can no longer open pictures in separate windows. They all open in one and the same window.

Same here

unsure.gif
Nancy
I'm using firefox, and instead of attachments opening in a new window, they open in a new tab, which I rather prefer. But I can see how opening in the same window(internet explorer) would be annoying.
Marilyn2Bonnie
My Pictures Are Saving Again I Tried It And It Work! Oh Thank You! Mel, I Now Can Open And Save Pictures Again. marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Hope Everyone Elese's Gets Fixed Soon!
MINE WORKS AGAIN! clapping.gif
mels
Hey everyone,

I'm glad our fist issue seems to be solved for everyone smile1.gif

QUOTE(LasseK @ May 4 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Hi all,

Just the last couple of hours something happened here - I can no longer open pictures in separate windows. They all open in one and the same window. Very annoying. (Internet Explorer.)

This is weird. I've tried in IE (7), FF (3), Chrome, and Safari (4) and it always opens pictures in either a new window or a new tab. The code itself asks for a new window, so I'm not sure how to solve your issue Lasse.

Can you empty your cache and try again ? Please let me know if it does the trick smile1.gif

Since a couple of months ago clicking "Go to last unread post" doesn't take me to the post anymore, but to the last page only. Anyone else had this? (I assumed it's my computer, but who knows..?

As far as I'm concerned I still use this functionnality and it works fine for me. Does any one else experience the same issue ? If you can you please let me know which browser you are using (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari,...) and which version (e.g. IE 7, Firefox 3,...).

Thanks !

Paju
I have the same Go to last unread post problem that Lasse has. I use Safari. It has worked fine before. I think I have Safari 4, anyways it's the latest version. The problems didn't start with the version update, they appeared before that.
mels
Paju, could you tell me which link exactly doesn't work (there are several "go to last unread post" links dispatched here and there on the page) ? A screen capture would be great smile1.gif

Thanks !
Paju
It's the same with all of them. I mean they take me to the right page but not to the last unread post like they used to. I'm on the top of the right page and have to scroll down to find the post I had read last. It's no big trouble of course but since it used to work fine and now it's stopped, I just thought I'd let you know.

Also, same thing when I write and send a reply.
Paju
And now I'm having problems with pictures. They simply won't open. Dang, I don't know what's wrong - I've used Safari for ages and it's really good.
mels
Paju, is this a new new problem (I mean since today only) ?
Because I haven't done a single thing on the boards for weeks now... So if your problem is brand new, I'm afraid it has something to do with your Safari settings or something :(

Edit: I'm on Safari right now and everything is okay for me. Please double check that javascript is activated in yours (pictures are opened via JS). Let me know if it's better afterwise !
Paju
I'm not sure, because I haven't tried to open any pictures on this site for a while. I've only come here quickly, but today I decided to take my time and really explore - and then I noticed I can't open any pictures. I checked my settings and I had a pop-up block on, but when I turned it off nothing changed. Javascript should be activated.
magda24
Hi all,

Lasse

Same problem here. And I use Mozzilla Firefox 3. It used to open the pictures in separate tabs, now it's possible to open them only in one tab (which means I can only open one picture at a time).Strange.
Paju
Now the pictures open again! I closed Safari and restarted it, and it works. So I guess it was my browser after all. But yay, it's working now smile1.gif
magda24
ok I have a BIGGER problem now. When I try to add a picture as an attachment, it attaches as a small thumbnail (but not opening type). I never had any problems with attaching pictures, now it's possible only to attach a tiny one, And I didn't change my settings.
mels
To everyone who encounters an issue. If you want me to try to help you, you need to be precise and specify your issues.

Tell me when it started to happen,
When it happens exactly (screen captures are also welcome),
Which OS you use (windows XP, vista, or Mac OSX, or Linux,...),
Which browser and its version (Firefox 3, Safari 4, IE 8,...),
Give me as many details as you can regarding your problem.

Without this information I won't be able to help out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.