Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movies About Marilyn Monroe
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Documentaries
socubos
Hello.
I'm looking all over internet about a movie named "Marilyn", But i cant find anything about it. Iam not sure if thats the original name, because on Bulgarian television they used this title. No, it's not "Norma Jean and Marilyn" i checked it, the movie was focused MAINLY on her life, and her death at the end. In the beginning of the movie its starts with her mother, while she is little girl. Please, forgive me if iam mistakes, since this movie was aired long time ago. I would appreciate any help smile1.gif
Robby
Do you mean the movie 'Blonde'? It pretty much fits your description.
LasseK
Do you mean the 20th Century Fox documentary "Marilyn", released in 1963, narrated by Rock Hudson?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057290/

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Lasse
socubos
I still do the search... but the closest title i see as similar is Marilyn: The Untold Story.
There is moments of the movie BRIEFLY i remember:
On the set of Some Like it Hot, they wait her, and get angry why she belate. And another moment, where they wrote a phrase on dashboard, and she couldnt spell it...
The scene of Seven year itch, when the air get her skirt up, Joe DiMaggio smoke cigar, and get angry and just walk away.
And when in Corea she talk on phone with him, and have a little arguiment.
And the end of the movie is when she lie down in bed, and try to call the doctor.... but nobody answer...
Oh, and a moment where she fall in the bathroom, and dont wanna go out, or go doctor or something...
Is those scenes related to that movie, wich i pointed? Or iam mistaken?
I know i sound little funny on this post, but i just try express as good as i can smile1.gif
LasseK, its not documentary, its just bio movie about her.
Robby, no its not "Blonde" it was just a movie /maybe for TV/ but not 7 series.
I appreciate your help!
Tara
Hi Slavi,

Marilyn: The Untold Story was made in 1980 and stars Catherine Hicks. I haven't seen it but people tell me it's one of the better films about Marilyn. It is not generally available but sometimes you can find copies on Ebay. Interestingly, Sheree North, who replaced Marilyn in the 1955 movie How To Be Very Very Popular, plays Marilyn's mother, Gladys in Untold Story.

More info on Untold Story from IMDB...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081126/
Tara
Google search results for Untold Story...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=marilyn%3...lient=firefox-a
Alanma
Amazon UK has a single copy on VHS today, but it is very expensive at 69.95
Tara
I don't know this website, but you can get reasonably-priced copies from sellers there...

http://www.ioffer.com/i/36989231
nicky62
Oh Yes Socubus banana.gif :
Indeed its Marilyn the untold story .This is a made for TV biomovie based on Norman Mailers Book Lawerence Schiller produced he is the photographer who took along 2 others the nude stills from Somethings Got to Give . They even used Marilyns original Brentwood home for some of the scenes . The Actress that portrays Marilyn is Catherine Hicks and the one that Plays Gladys is Sheree North . In my Opinion this is the best bio movie done on her , although Miss Hicks isnt a lookalike there are moments when you really beleive its Marilyn in the movie and not Catherine. I love the part where she tries bringing a calf into the house and also when she entertains the troops , along with her years with Miller and of course the way she carries on with the entire script . Hope you get a good copy its really worth it. If I were to pick a biomovie on Monroe this would top my list happy hunting
Nicky62 clapping.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Marilyn: The Untold Story >>Synopsis
Marilyn: The Untold Story
(1980)
Synopsis:*Norman Mailer's book on Marilyn Monroe was the basis of this second Marilyn TV movie, covering the legendary actress right up to the time of her death, in contrast to the earlier film, based on Garson Kanin's account, that ended just as she reached stardom. Catherine Hicks won an Emmy Award nomination as Outstanding Actress for her Marilyn Monroe portrayal, with nominations also going to the photographer, art directors and makeup artist. This film maintains one other distinction: it had three directors credited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Director: John Flynn,Jack Arnold
Producer: Lawrence Schiller
ActorName Role in Film
Catherine Hicks Marilyn Monroe
Richard Basehart Johnny Hyde
Frank Converse Joe DiMaggio
John Ireland John Huston
Viveca Lindfors Natasha Lytess
Jason Miller Arthur Miller
Sheree North Gladys Baker
Kevin Geer Jim Dougherty
Tracey Gold Young Norma Jean
Priscilla Morrill Louella Parsons
John Christy Ewing Lawyer
Bill Vint Montgomery Clift
Larry Pennell Clark Gable
Heath Jobes Tom Ewell
Howard Caine Billy Wilder
Brad Blaisdell Jack Lemmon
Anthony Gordon Laurence Olivier
Bruce Neckels Tony Curtis
Michael Eugene Fairman
J P Bumstead
Carole Tru
socubos
QUOTE(nicky62 @ Feb 4 2009, 01:49 AM) *
Oh Yes Socubus banana.gif :
Indeed its Marilyn the untold story .This is a made for TV biomovie based on Norman Mailers Book Lawerence Schiller produced he is the photographer who took along 2 others the nude stills from Somethings Got to Give . They even used Marilyns original Brentwood home for some of the scenes . The Actress that portrays Marilyn is Catherine Hicks and the one that Plays Gladys is Sheree North . In my Opinion this is the best bio movie done on her , although Miss Hicks isnt a lookalike there are moments when you really beleive its Marilyn in the movie and not Catherine. I love the part where she tries bringing a calf into the house and also when she entertains the troops , along with her years with Miller and of course the way she carries on with the entire script . Hope you get a good copy its really worth it. If I were to pick a biomovie on Monroe this would top my list happy hunting
Nicky62 clapping.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Marilyn: The Untold Story >>Synopsis
Marilyn: The Untold Story
(1980)
Synopsis:*Norman Mailer's book on Marilyn Monroe was the basis of this second Marilyn TV movie, covering the legendary actress right up to the time of her death, in contrast to the earlier film, based on Garson Kanin's account, that ended just as she reached stardom. Catherine Hicks won an Emmy Award nomination as Outstanding Actress for her Marilyn Monroe portrayal, with nominations also going to the photographer, art directors and makeup artist. This film maintains one other distinction: it had three directors credited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Director: John Flynn,Jack Arnold
Producer: Lawrence Schiller
ActorName Role in Film
Catherine Hicks Marilyn Monroe
Richard Basehart Johnny Hyde
Frank Converse Joe DiMaggio
John Ireland John Huston
Viveca Lindfors Natasha Lytess
Jason Miller Arthur Miller
Sheree North Gladys Baker
Kevin Geer Jim Dougherty
Tracey Gold Young Norma Jean
Priscilla Morrill Louella Parsons
John Christy Ewing Lawyer
Bill Vint Montgomery Clift
Larry Pennell Clark Gable
Heath Jobes Tom Ewell
Howard Caine Billy Wilder
Brad Blaisdell Jack Lemmon
Anthony Gordon Laurence Olivier
Bruce Neckels Tony Curtis
Michael Eugene Fairman
J P Bumstead
Carole Tru

Hey Nicky you are whole Marilyn encyclopedia...
But the movie isw really rare and hard to find, i think we could write to the studio, to make a special edition of the movie, and release DVD... because really this movie is very close to Marilyn's personality...
But in case i find it DIVX anyhow.. i promise share copy to you all:)
nicky62
Thank You Socubos
I would love a copy also of any documentary on her
and hey if you try out any torrents downloads its quite fun just recently I downloaded a short 26 min doc on MM vs Jackie and yes I promise to look for the link again so everyone who downloads can get a copy
but here is a treat for you Socubos and the rest of the gang Robert R Rees has an extensive list of Marilyn movies and rare documentaries on MM and other stars
BOB REES - 20806 PARK CANYON DRIVE - KATY, TX 77450
MARILYN MONROE
"Marilyn - The Last Interview" - HBO 8/92 - new photos, news-reels, her own words from final interview w/Life Mag.; "MM, 30 Years Later--A Current Affair" 8/3/92; "Hollywood Insider" 8/3/92; "Good Morning America" 8/4/92; "MM & The Car" 8/4/92; "Inside Edition" - James Dougherty 8/4/92; "Joan Rivers--30th Anniversary of MM's Death" 8/5/92. Two hrs. covers 30th anni- versary of MM's death. $37.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Something's Got to Give" - 1 hr-long Fox special aired 12/90. Also included are 40 more minutes of rare, unedited takes, some of which are shown in Fox special, most are not! Includes Rock Hudson "Marilyn" SGTG clips, "Current Affair" SGTG clips, & "That's Hollywood" SGTG clips. Most complete SGTG package available. 2 hours total. $50.00 - postage paid. "The Hollywood Greats" & "Marilyn Monroe, Alias Norma Jean" - Two British documentaries not shown in USA! Includes rare clips from 50's and ads.
2 hours. $50.00 - postage paid.
"Eve and Marilyn" - Unreleased British doc. Incl: Lena Pepitone, "Larry King", "Photoplay", 3 movie ads, & Playboy tribute. 2 hrs. $50.00 ppd.
"True Story of Monroe & Harlow" & "Marvelous Marilyn" - from That's Hollywood, and two Movietone shorts. All for $27.00.
"MM: The Untold Story" - w/Catherine Hicks as MM - $20 postpaid
"Life and Death of a Sex Goddess" - documentary - $25.00 postpaid
"The M. M. Files" - Bill Bixby hosts 2 hour probe - $20 postpaid
Compilation: "Maury Povitch: FRIENDS OF MM" 8/18/92 (1 hr); "Enter. Tonight" 2/17/92; "Hard Copy" 3/4/92; "E.T." 3/13/92 and 5/18/92; "Memories Then & Now" 7/19/92 - $25.00 postpaid.
"Marilyn and Me" - made-for-TV movie on Monroe & Slatzer - $17.00
"Marilyn Monroe - The Last Word" - Hard Copy Feb. 17-19, '92.
Entertainment Tonight 2/17/92 - Giancanna, Hard Copy 3/4/92 - Newcomb, Ent. Tonight 3/13/92 - MM Files. 2 hours - $27.00
"Goodnight, Sweet Marilyn" - feature film with Paula Lane - $25.00 postpaid
"Goodbye, Norma Jean" - fictional account of MM's life, stars Misty Rowe. 1-1/2 hours. $17.00
"MM: Missing/Reward '88 - The Diary" (approx. 20 minutes) $10.00, when added to another tape order.
"Monroe" - Geraldo R., 12/88. 1 hr. Guests: Bacon/Slatzer/Speriglio. $17.00
"MM: The Reporters" (1 hour) - $17.00
"MM: Assortment" (40 minutes) - $17.00 - Includes "That's Hollywood" clips; "Life Goes to the Movies" clips; "Something's Got to Give" clips; "Monroe, 20 Years After" and "News/Entertainment Tonight".
"MM: Marilyn Monroe Murder" (half-hour show) - $17.00
"The Last Days of Marilyn Monroe" - $17.00
The Legend of Marilyn Monroe" - $17.00
"Marilyn Remembered" - by Lee Remick - $17.00
"Monroe Cinemax Documentary" - (1 hour) - $17.00
"MM: 25 Years After" - TV tribute - $17.00
"The Monroe Scrapbook" - $17.00
"Quantum Leap: Marilyn Monroe" - 3/2/93 - $25.00 postpaid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- MONROE FILMS:
RIGHT CROSS - $27 FIREBALL - $27
HOMETOWN STORY - $27 DANGEROUS YEARS - $37
LADIES OF THE CHORUS - $17 TICKET TO TOMAHAWK - $17
CLASH BY NIGHT - $17 LOVE NEST - $17
DON'T BOTHER TO KNOCK - $17 SCUDDA HOO! SCUDDA HAY! - $17
WE'RE NOT MARRIED - $17 O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE - $17
LOVE HAPPY - $17 MONKEY BUSINESS - $17
LET'S MAKE IT LEGAL - $17
also check out Mels site Marilyn Monroe and the Camera
there you can also find and buy some from her she is a member of everlasting and a great gal !
hugs Nicky62
blondealways
Hey there everyone, Has anyone seen or heard of the movie "Marilyn & Bobby: Her Fianl Affair" ? I have looked everywhere for it and cannot find it on DVD? anyone know? jumpymm.gif
MarilynKissesxoxo
QUOTE(blondealways @ Feb 13 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Hey there everyone, Has anyone seen or heard of the movie "Marilyn & Bobby: Her Fianl Affair" ? I have looked everywhere for it and cannot find it on DVD? anyone know? jumpymm.gif
I found it on Amazon. Two used one for $76 and one for $110!. It's VHS and from 1993.

http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-Bobby-Her-Fi...r/dp/6303632432
meganmarilyn
throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif

Marilyn Monroe - The Untold Story
part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCBAT31lMs
Scottish Sugar
QUOTE(nicky62 @ Feb 8 2009, 06:52 PM) *
Thank You Socubos
I would love a copy also of any documentary on her
and hey if you try out any torrents downloads its quite fun just recently I downloaded a short 26 min doc on MM vs Jackie and yes I promise to look for the link again so everyone who downloads can get a copy
but here is a treat for you Socubos and the rest of the gang Robert R Rees has an extensive list of Marilyn movies and rare documentaries on MM and other stars
BOB REES - 20806 PARK CANYON DRIVE - KATY, TX 77450
MARILYN MONROE
"Marilyn - The Last Interview" - HBO 8/92 - new photos, news-reels, her own words from final interview w/Life Mag.; "MM, 30 Years Later--A Current Affair" 8/3/92; "Hollywood Insider" 8/3/92; "Good Morning America" 8/4/92; "MM & The Car" 8/4/92; "Inside Edition" - James Dougherty 8/4/92; "Joan Rivers--30th Anniversary of MM's Death" 8/5/92. Two hrs. covers 30th anni- versary of MM's death. $37.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Something's Got to Give" - 1 hr-long Fox special aired 12/90. Also included are 40 more minutes of rare, unedited takes, some of which are shown in Fox special, most are not! Includes Rock Hudson "Marilyn" SGTG clips, "Current Affair" SGTG clips, & "That's Hollywood" SGTG clips. Most complete SGTG package available. 2 hours total. $50.00 - postage paid. "The Hollywood Greats" & "Marilyn Monroe, Alias Norma Jean" - Two British documentaries not shown in USA! Includes rare clips from 50's and ads.
2 hours. $50.00 - postage paid.
"Eve and Marilyn" - Unreleased British doc. Incl: Lena Pepitone, "Larry King", "Photoplay", 3 movie ads, & Playboy tribute. 2 hrs. $50.00 ppd.
"True Story of Monroe & Harlow" & "Marvelous Marilyn" - from That's Hollywood, and two Movietone shorts. All for $27.00.
"MM: The Untold Story" - w/Catherine Hicks as MM - $20 postpaid
"Life and Death of a Sex Goddess" - documentary - $25.00 postpaid
"The M. M. Files" - Bill Bixby hosts 2 hour probe - $20 postpaid
Compilation: "Maury Povitch: FRIENDS OF MM" 8/18/92 (1 hr); "Enter. Tonight" 2/17/92; "Hard Copy" 3/4/92; "E.T." 3/13/92 and 5/18/92; "Memories Then & Now" 7/19/92 - $25.00 postpaid.
"Marilyn and Me" - made-for-TV movie on Monroe & Slatzer - $17.00
"Marilyn Monroe - The Last Word" - Hard Copy Feb. 17-19, '92.
Entertainment Tonight 2/17/92 - Giancanna, Hard Copy 3/4/92 - Newcomb, Ent. Tonight 3/13/92 - MM Files. 2 hours - $27.00
"Goodnight, Sweet Marilyn" - feature film with Paula Lane - $25.00 postpaid
"Goodbye, Norma Jean" - fictional account of MM's life, stars Misty Rowe. 1-1/2 hours. $17.00
"MM: Missing/Reward '88 - The Diary" (approx. 20 minutes) $10.00, when added to another tape order.
"Monroe" - Geraldo R., 12/88. 1 hr. Guests: Bacon/Slatzer/Speriglio. $17.00
"MM: The Reporters" (1 hour) - $17.00
"MM: Assortment" (40 minutes) - $17.00 - Includes "That's Hollywood" clips; "Life Goes to the Movies" clips; "Something's Got to Give" clips; "Monroe, 20 Years After" and "News/Entertainment Tonight".
"MM: Marilyn Monroe Murder" (half-hour show) - $17.00
"The Last Days of Marilyn Monroe" - $17.00
The Legend of Marilyn Monroe" - $17.00
"Marilyn Remembered" - by Lee Remick - $17.00
"Monroe Cinemax Documentary" - (1 hour) - $17.00
"MM: 25 Years After" - TV tribute - $17.00
"The Monroe Scrapbook" - $17.00
"Quantum Leap: Marilyn Monroe" - 3/2/93 - $25.00 postpaid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- MONROE FILMS:
RIGHT CROSS - $27 FIREBALL - $27
HOMETOWN STORY - $27 DANGEROUS YEARS - $37
LADIES OF THE CHORUS - $17 TICKET TO TOMAHAWK - $17
CLASH BY NIGHT - $17 LOVE NEST - $17
DON'T BOTHER TO KNOCK - $17 SCUDDA HOO! SCUDDA HAY! - $17
WE'RE NOT MARRIED - $17 O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE - $17
LOVE HAPPY - $17 MONKEY BUSINESS - $17
LET'S MAKE IT LEGAL - $17
also check out Mels site Marilyn Monroe and the Camera
there you can also find and buy some from her she is a member of everlasting and a great gal !
hugs Nicky62

I would also recommend going to Melindas site WWW.marilynmonroe.ca where you'll find a lot of these documentaries and movies at a much better price smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.