Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Often Do You Watch A Marilyn Movie?
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's movies
abeautifulchild
Just interesting to see how often other fans watch Marilyn compared to yourself isn't it?

Personally, I only get the time to watch her once a week! blush.gif
But when I do you can be sure it is a special event! smile1.gif
Kowalczyk
Once a week myself, although I think more often I go a couple of weeks without and then watch loads in the space of a few days.

I always make it a special event too!

I used to watch them more but as my DVD collection grew, I sort of space them out more. But there's always time for Marilyn!
Demos Kratos
QUOTE(Kowalczyk @ Sep 5 2008, 11:00 PM) *
Once a week myself, although I think more often I go a couple of weeks without and then watch loads in the space of a few days.

I always make it a special event too!

I used to watch them more but as my DVD collection grew, I sort of space them out more. But there's always time for Marilyn!

Ditto that. I tend to do the same, but mainly because I don't have the time to sit down and lavish myself with her movie spectaculars biggrin.gif. I think the last time I watched some was about two weeks ago, and it was Some Like it Hot then The Prince and the Show Girl...

As far as a special event, I usually watch the movies late at night with popcorn--real cinema style coolio.gif
Tara
I must admit I haven't watched any MM films for a while. I studied them pretty intensely while I was writing my book, so I guess I needed a break. I know it won't be long until I start all over again though. I've seen Some Like It Hot the most of her movies, or any movie in fact. blush.gif
princesshapnick
I tend to watch a Marilyn movie maybe once or if I'm lucky maybe twice a week, depending on whether I have time - now that I have left school, each day gets crazier - getting a job, starting at college, etc. But yesterday, I still watched The Seven Year Itch (1955) - what a gem!
dwane
whenever i'm in the mood to watch an MM flim i usually pop it in, i usually watch them on the weekend if i have time or am in the mood.
Vicoria Hoffman 1975
I watch one at least once a week, sometimes more. Quite often I have them on and skipped to the songs in them for my daughter!

When my husband is out on his poker night I sometiems watch three in a row.
Bobby
I tend to watch a minimum of two a week but it's often three. I always aim to watch at least ten Marilyns films each month...preferably without repetitions. I like to rotate them, so that even the forgettable movies in which MM only had a small part (Love Nest etc) get watched, as well as - though not as often as - her leading roles. Does anyone else do this? I know they're mostly pretty rubbish but since I have them, I think I may as well watch them; and besides, they have Marilyn blush.gif

Good topic Alex!
Katri^
So embarrassing, but I might watch one movie in a month, not even that blush.gif I guess I don't have much time to watch movies anyways. But yesterday I watched Some like it hot in the fanclub's meeting. Sometimes I just watch some scenes, not the whole film because some of them are just rubbish.
smile1.gif
MissCaswell
I'm about the same as you, Katri. My favourite occasion for a MM film is on weekend mornings (especially if I'm sad, ill or hungover), and I have breakfast and coffee in bed while watching Marilyn films, and it always, always makes for a good start of the day.
abeautifulchild
QUOTE(MissCaswell @ Sep 7 2008, 12:03 PM) *
I'm about the same as you, Katri. My favourite occasion for a MM film is on weekend mornings (especially if I'm sad, ill or hungover), and I have breakfast and coffee in bed while watching Marilyn films, and it always, always makes for a good start of the day.

That sounds like a lovely routine, but I am just the opposite Erica! I have a hard time going to sleep, so sometimes I will watch a Marilyn movie late, late at night. It's quite fun with my glasses on (I'm near-sighted) and bundled up in covers up to my chin laugh.gif !
marilynfanonline
I tend to go through stages. I have seen most of her films so many times that I know them like the back of my hand. To be honest I'm due another Marilyn Movie night. Might make a bit of a deal about it and get some pop corn in biggrin.gif
Scottish Sugar
Some Like It Hot is my absolute favourite movie of all time. But I deliberately don't watch it too often. Definitely once at christmas and maybe around summertime near my birthday and anytime I see it on tv I sit down and watch it.

I like to watch them all whenever I can, or if I don't have the time, I just put on snippets, like my favourite scenes before I go to work etc.

I've only just finished collecting all the Marilyn movies, so I must admit, the past few months have been spent watching her earliest roles, the movies which see her hardly in it at all. But now that I've seen them all, I can go back to enjoying the starring roles!

xxxxx

PS how wonderful is "The Shocking Miss Pilgrim"?? I certainly didn't see Marilyn on screen at all, but that doesn't bother me, it's certainly a fabulous little film in its own right!
Paju
I watch them very sporadically. I enjoy her movies a lot even though I've seen her major movies many times. I watch her movies maybe once every two months or so. It's like a special treat for me, because I don't watch them that often.
meztisa
Me too, Paju! biggrin.gif
annette
I donīt have time to watch Marilyn movies very often, Iīve seen the ones in my collection several times and thereīs a few I have never seen. I would love to watch Marilyn movies every week but I really donīt have time.
Fav
Very sporadic for me. As someone mentioned, it is often when I am low and not feeling well that I will put one on. Sometimes I go for months on end without watching one. It makes them fresh when I do watch them.
Garbo20
About every two weeks.
Lottie
I watch an MM movie about two or three times a month, but if I have time i'll watch more biggrin.gif
VanessaLapierre
About 1 or 2 in a week.
Tara
QUOTE(Fav @ Sep 18 2008, 03:28 PM) *
Very sporadic for me. As someone mentioned, it is often when I am low and not feeling well that I will put one on. Sometimes I go for months on end without watching one. It makes them fresh when I do watch them.

Yes, Marilyn's films are a comfort to me - same with her pictures, too. Sometimes I look at photo books if I'm upset or can't sleep. I guess she's just been a part of my life for so long that I always feel safe in her presence.
magda24
QUOTE(Tara @ Jan 28 2010, 09:46 AM) *
Yes, Marilyn's films are a comfort to me - same with her pictures, too. Sometimes I look at photo books if I'm upset or can't sleep. I guess she's just been a part of my life for so long that I always feel safe in her presence.

It's exactly the same with me...It's like she soothes my soul or something. I don't know, everytime I feel blue or go thru a rough patch in my life or just need some sort of comfort, its her smile that gives me an energy boost and calms me down at the same time. Hope it doesn't sound too crazy!
audreyfan1
I don't really watch Marilyn's movies too often. Maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Sometimes I catch a few scenes of her most popular films on TV (I hardly catch 'em in time to watch from beginning to end). Sometimes I just get in a "Marilyn mood" and I watch a bunch of her films within a couple days, but otherwise very rarely will I actually sit and watch her movies in full. Sometimes I actually find that I watch documentaries about her more-so than I watch her actually films; I think that might be because in documentaries, I get a dose of all of her performances, rather than just one. But when I do watch Marilyn's films, as others have said, I find they're a great comfort and just make me happy.

Plus, I log onto ES every day to get my daily "Marilyn fix" laugh.gif
Maneki Neko
I think I watch one of her movies about once a month.
mare
I watch her movies once a month or like everybody said, if I'm going through a bad time, I'll put in my favorite movie or I'll look at photographs of her.

this is funny to say but I had never seen The Asphalt Jungle. I just saw it at an art film house and I loved it! I love film noir anyway. I love the way the camera pans to her sleeping on the couch when you first see her character. She has such presence!

I have also never yet seen Don't Bother to Knock. I have it on DVD from Netflix and am about to watch it any day now.

Scottish Sugar
QUOTE(mare @ Sep 12 2010, 03:31 AM) *
I watch her movies once a month or like everybody said, if I'm going through a bad time, I'll put in my favorite movie or I'll look at photographs of her.

this is funny to say but I had never seen The Asphalt Jungle. I just saw it at an art film house and I loved it! I love film noir anyway. I love the way the camera pans to her sleeping on the couch when you first see her character. She has such presence!

I have also never yet seen Don't Bother to Knock. I have it on DVD from Netflix and am about to watch it any day now.

Don't Bother To Knock is a great film, you'll love it, its definitely in my top5 Marilyn films, for her amazing performance.

mare
QUOTE(Scottish Sugar @ Sep 12 2010, 04:30 AM) *
Don't Bother To Knock is a great film, you'll love it, its definitely in my top5 Marilyn films, for her amazing performance.

Ooh Scottish Sugar, thanks! I'll post here when I watch it.
iheartMarilyn4ever
QUOTE(Maneki Neko @ Sep 7 2010, 09:40 PM) *
I think I watch one of her movies about once a month.

Same here maybe even more. The last time I watched a movie was last month in honor of her deah. But I do watch her all the time. With her documenteries I probebly watch one twice a week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.