Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murray Newcomb And Phones
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's mysterious death > General discussion
chris
maybe you are going to think that I'm stupid but I have some questions

For you where Pat Newcomb slept on the night of August 4 to 5 ? On the guest room ( for me yes because on the mpa of th hacienda I can see a bed there) or on the dressing room the third room ?

Idem for Mrs Murray during the night of Marilyn's death ?

and for you what room is the room where she placed the phones during the night ? guest room or dressing room
I've always thought that the guest room was the room of phones but David told me that they were on the dressing
It's logicical because I can't imagine Pat et Murray sleeping on the room of phones but...
Thanks

Chris
Marilyn Fanatic
I think her phone had a long cord and she ran it under her bedroom door so she could use it at night etc. Definitely no
cordless phones in the 60's. You paid for every phone in the house, too, and the long cords. Also, I think she
had more than one phone line.

I don't know where Pat Newcomb slept, but she is probably someone who knows more than she is telling about the events
that took place the night Marilyn died. After, she went on an extended European tour and then landed in the Justice Dept.
working very near Bobby Kennedy. Very suspicious. Mrs. Murray went on a long vacation, too, but they didn't travel together.
I wonder who paid for these trips?
abeautifulchild
I always thought that Pat Newcomb slept in the guesthouse that night.
chris
yes I've found the answers on Murray's book page 133 and 134
Pat Newcomb had slept on the guest room and Mrs Murray on the dressing room (converted bed)

About Pat Newcomb " in the third bedroom where Pat Newcomb had slept " so for me the guest room page 133
page 130 " Everything was quiet until Joe DiMaggio Jr phoned. Eunice answered the phone in the third bedroom (...) and Marilyn came and sat on the floor of the third bedroom to talk" so guestroom for the room of phones
page 134 " In the dark of night Eunice awoke. Around her in the corner bedroom were Marilyn's full-length mirros, glittering darkly. It was the room used for fitting costumes, where Jean Louis had clothed Marilyn for SGTG and covered her with brilliants to bedazzle Madison Square Garden" so Mrs Murray slept on the dressing room on the converted bed as the map confirm it
and as Tony explained
still page 134 Rudin phoned around 9:30 or 10:00. But she had not gone through the hall to answer the phone, but through the bathroom that connected the two bedrooms at the back of the house" so she was in the dressing room and went to the guest room via the bathroom
Chris
Mezzo
Chris, I'm happy that you found information regarding the answer to your question. I have also found a reference to the activities and sleeping arrangements on August 3rd in Donald Spoto's biography about Marilyn. His information differs from Murray's. Spoto writes on pages 565 and 566 of his book:

"Yet Marilyn Monroe was functioning soberly and creatively even after a second meeting with Greenson that Friday afternoon. She called Pat Newcomb, whom she invited to dine out with her. Pat, however, was suffering a bout of bronchitis - to which Marilyn replied, "Why don't you come out here and stay for the night? You'll have all the privacy you want, you can sun in the back yard and have all the rest you want." As Pat said later, "I accepted her invitation. She was in a very good mood, a very happy mood."
And so the two women dined quietly that Friday evening at a local restaurant, and then returned to Fifth Helena. Eunice Murray had gond to her home for the night, and Marilyn and Pat retired early. Pat slept soundly in the small second bedroom diagonally opposite Marilyn's, but Marilyn endured another night of only intermittent sleep.
A few minutes after eight on the morning of Saturday, August 4, Eunice Murray arrived at Fifth Helena for her last day of work, which was to include supervision of the garden plantings."

Spoto's references are: Newcomb to DS, August 3 1992; also Newcomb quoted in the New York Journal-American, August 15, 1962.
lillis3
QUOTE(Mezzo @ Aug 20 2008, 01:28 PM) *
Chris, I'm happy that you found information regarding the answer to your question. I have also found a reference to the activities and sleeping arrangements on August 3rd in Donald Spoto's biography about Marilyn. His information differs from Murray's. Spoto writes on pages 565 and 566 of his book:

"Yet Marilyn Monroe was functioning soberly and creatively even after a second meeting with Greenson that Friday afternoon. She called Pat Newcomb, whom she invited to dine out with her. Pat, however, was suffering a bout of bronchitis - to which Marilyn replied, "Why don't you come out here and stay for the night? You'll have all the privacy you want, you can sun in the back yard and have all the rest you want." As Pat said later, "I accepted her invitation. She was in a very good mood, a very happy mood."
And so the two women dined quietly that Friday evening at a local restaurant, and then returned to Fifth Helena. Eunice Murray had gond to her home for the night, and Marilyn and Pat retired early. Pat slept soundly in the small second bedroom diagonally opposite Marilyn's, but Marilyn endured another night of only intermittent sleep.
A few minutes after eight on the morning of Saturday, August 4, Eunice Murray arrived at Fifth Helena for her last day of work, which was to include supervision of the garden plantings."

Spoto's references are: Newcomb to DS, August 3 1992; also Newcomb quoted in the New York Journal-American, August 15, 1962.

isn't pat still alive?
Mezzo
QUOTE(lillis3 @ Aug 20 2008, 11:17 AM) *
isn't pat still alive?

Yes, I think she is. She was born in July 1930.
Shirley
I still don't understand - why, after such a long period, no one, including Pat, can't reveal the REAL DETAILS.
lillis3
QUOTE(Shirley @ Aug 21 2008, 07:27 AM) *
I still don't understand - why, after such a long period, no one, including Pat, can't reveal the REAL DETAILS.

Yeah, it's very weird...
Mezzo
It seems that many of the people who knew Marilyn wish to keep their memories of her private, which, of course, is their right. Pat Newcomb may be protecting herself or she may wish to keep it all to herself. I agree that it would be very enlightening if she would share her knowledge with us, just as it would have been if Joe DiMaggio would have shared his memories and the plans (if any) that he and Marilyn had made together.

chris
"Pat slept soundly in the small second bedroom diagonally opposite Marilyn's, but Marilyn endured another night of only intermittent sleep"
and the room which was diagonally opposite to Marilyn's one is the Guest room
It's the same LOL
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.