Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Like It Hot - In Color
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's movies
hoergren
Hi

New in this community but hope you'll help anyway. I saw Some like it hot in the beginning or middle of the 70's in Vejle, Denmark and I think I really liked it. Therefore it's a surprise to me that everywhere I look today people (from amateurs to experts) claim that there isn't a color version. I've seen it so it's exsisting. I still remember the poster telling that this was a special event never before seen in Denmark.

kind regards to you all marilynbybrandon_190.gif

Leif
Vicoria Hoffman 1975
Was it the enire movie? I have seen clips done by people with their own colour cine cameras who must have been right alongside the film camerman.
Mezzo
This website has a colorized version available: http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:45555
hoergren
QUOTE(Vicoria Hoffman 1975 @ Aug 3 2008, 10:43 AM) *
Was it the enire movie? I have seen clips done by people with their own colour cine cameras who must have been right alongside the film camerman.

It was the whole movie. I remember also the poster telling us "once in a lifetime occasion" and it was not coloured but plain colormovie. I have just bought the black and white version - which I haven't seen yet and perhaps some of it is not the same. It's also possible to make a black and white version of the color version they were making but I don't know much about the process.
lorileime
I just went through that site and I can't figure out where it's for sale as a colorized movie. Can anyone else find it? I 'd love to see how much it is
Demos Kratos
Hmm, I'm a little sceptical
dwane
i just checked the 'buy' section and i didn't find anything in color, just black and white.
Mezzo
I'm sorry - I believed the page that said a colorized version was available. I've been unable to find it, either. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
lorileime
You know, I have to say something about SLIH, I just finished watching part of it again, and even though it's not in color, I think that I have always perceived it as a color movie anyway. It's beautifully photographed and crystal clear. I can just imagine it in color without even trying.
waif55
QUOTE(hoergren @ Aug 3 2008, 06:09 AM) *
It was the whole movie. I remember also the poster telling us "once in a lifetime occasion" and it was not coloured but plain colormovie. I have just bought the black and white version - which I haven't seen yet and perhaps some of it is not the same. It's also possible to make a black and white version of the color version they were making but I don't know much about the process.

There was never a color version of Some Like It Hot. You are...quite mistaken. The movie was intended to be in BLACK AND WHITE. It was in black and white because of the heavy makeup the boys had to wear. Also, if you've seen color shots of MM in her dresses, they weren't very nice in color. They, too, were designed to be seen in black and white.
meganmarilyn
Very short clip of someone on youtube colorized MM in a scene from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3yYWYtCjNw

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.