Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Co-actors In More Than One Marilyn Movie.
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's movies
Vicoria Hoffman 1975
Not sure if this has been discussed before but has anyone else noticed certain actors being in more than one movie? Not just talking about David wayne who was in several movies but the lesser-known actors.

One that I noticed was Salisbury the Butler in Ladies of the Chorus later being in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes as the hotel manager. Also Barbara Bates is the kid at the end of All about Eve then has a bigger part in Lets make it legal. I'm also sure one of the fashion models in How to marry a milionaire is in another film in a small part but I forget which one.

Can anyone think of any more??
ziggy
Casey Adams was in both Niagara and Bus Stop.
dwane
George Winslow (aka the little kid from "GPB") was in both "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "Monkey Business"
ziggy
Ginger Rogers was in both Monkey Business and We're Not Married! and Jean Peters was in O. Henry's Full House as well as Niagara.
Vicoria Hoffman 1975
We're not married also had Mitzi Gaynor (no business like showbusiness), Paul Douglas (Clash by night) and Lois Calhern (Asphalt Jungle).
MissCaswell
Rory Calhoun was in both htmam and ronr, and Thelma Ritter was in All about Eve and the Misfits.
Vicoria Hoffman 1975
Rory Calhoun was in Ticket to tomahawk too!

Thelma Ritter was also in 'As Young as you feel' as well. Jean Peters was in the same film too.
Bobby
Charles Coburn was in both 'Monkey Business' and 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'.
David Wayne was in 'As Young as You feel', 'We're not Married' and 'How to Marry a Millionaire'.
June Haver was in both 'Love Nest' and Scudda Hoo, Scudda Hay'.
Dan Dailey was in both 'A Ticket to Tomahawk' and 'There's no Business like Show Business'.
Anne Baxter was in both 'All About Eve' and A 'Ticket to Tomahawk'.
Hugh Marlowe was in both 'Monkey Business' and 'All About Eve'.
Lurene Tuttle was in both 'Niagara' and 'Don't Bother to Knock'.

I think Rory Calhoun, Thelma Ritter, Jean Peters and David Wayne were the most frequent Marilyn co-stars, with three movies each.

mmmMarilyn
QUOTE(dwane @ Jul 30 2008, 12:27 PM) *
George Winslow (aka the little kid from "GPB") was in both "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "Monkey Business"

This kid was totally amazing, I adored him in GPB--I think he sounds just like Linus from the Peanuts cartoons! He has that same lisp-y, smushy way of talking--precious and hilarious!
ziggy
QUOTE(Bobby)
I think Rory Calhoun, Thelma Ritter, Jean Peters and David Wayne were the most frequent Marilyn co-stars, with three movies each.

Actually, David Wayne starred in four of her films; As Young..., We're Not..., O. Henry's Full House and Millionaire.
MissCaswell
Yes, I read somewhere that David Wayne was her most frequent co-star.
Bobby
Ah right thanks Sam, I didn't know Wayne was in O. Henry's Full House as well. I stand corrected!
lorileime
Bac then each studio had its own 'stable ' of actors so it's not strange that they were in multiple films together. If you look at other studios back then, you'll probably see the same thing. As time weny by, actors became independents and were able to work for more studios. The only example today that I can think of where one actor is in a lot of films and notable visible with so many other big names is Kevin Bacon. He's in everything.
ziggy
^Hence the lore "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon". You know what I'm-a-talking about?
Bobby
One that hasn't yet been mentioned is Pat O'Brien, who was one of the leads in The Fireball and also appeared in Some Like it Hot.
Bobby
After seeing him in a non-Marilyn film, I just looked up actor Don Beddoe on IMDB. I knew he played the husband of the 'old snoop' lady in Don't Bother to Knock but he was also 'Ben', the town shop owner, in River of no Return and 'Head of Sales' in As Young as You Feel.
sugarkane20
Victor Moore was in "We're not Married" and "The Seven Year Itch." He played the plumber in "Itch."

I like the censored scene when he drops the wrench in the tub and searches for it while she's still in it. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.