Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn By Moonlight
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > The Book Club
Tiina
Didn't see a thread about this book, except this one. Anyway, I just ordered Marilyn By Moonlight today and I'm thrilled! jumpymm.gif
If you have it, please share some thoughts - and pictures from inside the book would be highly appreciated as well!
Bobby
Can't say I've heard of the book Tiina, but what a gorgeous title! Hope you enjoy it.
magda24
Here's the interview with the author. I always wanted this book!

http://www.everlasting-star.net/remembering_j-allen.php
Tara
Where did you order it from Tiina? It seems hard to find nowadays, but is high on my wishlist.
Alanma
There are copies now on Amazon starting at around 99, or a bit cheaper on Abebooks at around 50.

I think I will have to wait a bit, too!
Tiina
Thanks for the interview Magda! jumpymm.gif
Allen says in his website Dream City Photo that marilynbymoonlight.net should be back soon. I don't know how long soon means... and it has been on its way back for quite some time already laugh.gif But I'd assume that when it does come back, you'll be able to buy the book there, if he has any copies left.

Anyways, I got really lucky yesterday as I noticed there was one copy on Amazon going for 100 dollars, which is acceptable when it comes to this book in my opinion, it's 64 euros. I've seen it going for so much higher. My book is also a brand new copy and if I remember right it was numbered 122/500, so I thought it's a pretty good catch. And this book has been on the top of my wishlist for a very long time as well! balloon.gif Now I just can't wait for it to arrive!
Meikkuli
Wow congrats, Tiina! smile1.gif Did you get a chance to look at it in my place? Guess not :-)

Anyway, it's gorgeous. Photos with little quotes by MM... very artistically done... you have to see it for yourself, it's hard to describe it smile1.gif You'll love it for sure smile1.gif
Tiina
Thanks Merja! smile1.gif
Nope! And I wonder why?? I mean I wonder how come I never looked for it during our meetings huh.gif
Well, I'm pretty sure it's a beautiful book even if i haven't seen it beforehand balloon.gif

EDIT: Oh, you added a bit more text hehehe balloon.gif Wow, sounds really great! I love artistic MM books! laugh.gif

Is this book thick? And big? For some reason I assume it's pretty big...
Meikkuli
It's really not THAT thick, like 130 pages or so. As for how big it is, it is approximately the same size (with the protective cover) lengthwise as Marilyn in Spain (maybe 0.5 centimeters less), but not as thick. But it really is lovely smile1.gif
Tiina
It's pretty big then smile1.gif
Meikkuli
Well it's not a huge book, but it's a lovely book :-)
nicky62
please scan some pics like avedons I saw this book once in NY but didnt have the money
nicky62 wacko.gif
Tiina
I sure will, but I'm not getting a scanner in any time soon. smile1.gif My brother doesn't live with us anymore and he owns the scanner we once had.
But I'll take pictures and later scannings. wink3.gif
MMcamera
It is a lovely book. You can search some of the pages inside on amazon - here is a direct link - just click on the search inside link under the photo of the cover.

LINK TO MARILYN BY MOONLIGHT ON AMAZON

BTW, thanks Tiina I bet you were the one that placed that order for this book on Amazon through one of my links throb.gif
Tiina
Thanks for the link, Melinda! Although I've seen those already. wink3.gif But still, thanks!

And yes laugh.gif I think it was probably me! I use your book page very often bye1.gif throb.gif
Tiina
I just got this book and it's... simply amazinmg, I adore it! jumpymm.gif It's a piece of art! It's so beautiful and so special! I just can't believe I have it in my collection now. It's wonderful!! throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif Lol lot's of adjectives laugh.gif Well it is all that, what else can I say?
nicky62
QUOTE(Tiina @ Jul 15 2008, 06:19 AM) *
I just got this book and it's... simply amazinmg, I adore it! jumpymm.gif It's a piece of art! It's so beautiful and so special! I just can't believe I have it in my collection now. It's wonderful!! throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif Lol lot's of adjectives laugh.gif Well it is all that, what else can I say?

banana.gif snap pics banana.gif
Tiina
I will! jumpymm.gif Right now I have to run smile1.gif but later!
Meikkuli
I knew you'd love it, Tiina thumbup1.gif Congrats! :-)
Tiina
Thanks Merja! smile1.gif Pictures! bye1.gif
magda24
Seems really interesting! Thank you so much for the scans, Tiina!
Tiina
No problem Magda! It's a very beautiful book indeed. marilynbybrandon_190.gif
pinup
I found my copy of it in an Oxfam shop!! I paid 20 for it which is a little pricy for oxfam but now im thinking i got a HUGE bargain! mf_w00t1.gif dancingmm2_279_203.gif
nicky62
banana.gif TIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA banana.gif
thank you so much for these lovely shots are there any of avedon in it?
nicky62
ps
if anyone has the book can you scan for all of us who dont have it?
I already have my new scanner waiting for any request if I have it on hand I will scan thank you once again jumpymm.gif
Katri^
Thanks Tiina for the scans, it looks beautiful! throb.gif
Tiina
QUOTE(pinup @ Jul 15 2008, 09:59 PM) *
I found my copy of it in an Oxfam shop!! I paid 20 for it which is a little pricy for oxfam but now im thinking i got a HUGE bargain! mf_w00t1.gif dancingmm2_279_203.gif

Geez, that is a real bargain indeed!! mf_w00t1.gif

Nicky: My pleasure! marilynbybrandon_190.gif
And yes, there are Avedon's pictures in it. wink3.gif
nicky62
Can anyone who has this book please scan the Avedon pictures in it? please pretty please banana.gif Love nicky62
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.