Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Know Where
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn Trivia
lorileime
Do you know where on film Marilyn loses an earring? Someone will probably get this very quickly.
lorileime
37 people have viewed this question so far. I think I'll wait a little longer before I give the answer. Someone must know it.
lorileime
Drum roll please: The answer is, On the Jack Benny Show, as soon as she comes out she's running onto the stage and her right earring falls off. She does the whole skit with just one earring on. marilynbybrandon_190.gif
missmarilyn
I never noticed that!

Now that's acting. thumbup1.gif
magda24
Funny, I never noticed that!

Ok, my question!

In which movie Marilyn accidentaly pokes her finger into a guys eye?
missmarilyn
QUOTE(magda24 @ Jun 28 2008, 01:03 AM) *
Funny, I never noticed that!

Ok, my question!

In which movie Marilyn accidentaly pokes her finger into a guys eye?
During the Heat Wave number. He's trying to hide because it hurts. Later in the number she kisses him while he's behind the tree as a "Sorry". banana.gif
magda24
That was quick, Gabby:)

I love this scene, it shows how considerate she was towards others. She could have ignored that, say sorry afterwards but she even changed the whole number!Nevertheless, it must have hurt!
missmarilyn
I like that part, too. She was really sweet, and I bet he was a happy guy that day.
"Guess who kissed me."
"Who?"
"Marilyn
Monroe"

I think it was the guy who had the newspaper? Well, it was one of them.
Bobby
I pretty much hate and often fast-forward the Heatwave number but I'll always watch that bit! It's so sweet of her, as you say Magdalena and I'm so glad it was kept in the film - otherwise it would have just been one of those anecdotes we'd all read but be unsure whether it was true or not.

Can't believe I've never noticed the earring on Benny's show!
lorileime
And, if you watch it in really slow motion, frame by frame, you can watch the earring go flying off her ear. She even looks like she's trying to keep her left side towards the camera at first so that she hides her bare ear.
lorileime
I have another one. In what movies was Marilyn seen wearing an ankle bracelet?
missmarilyn
Mostly all of her early movies.

Ladies of the Chorus
Ticket To Tomahawk
Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hey!
Love Happy

Not sure if there are any other movies.
abeautifulchild
Any idea what the bracelet looked like??
Or a picture?
missmarilyn
It was really simple.

LotC
abeautifulchild
Thanks Gabby.
Do we know if the bracelet has some sort of significance or was it just a favorite piece of hers for awhile?
lorileime
QUOTE(missmarilyn @ Jun 30 2008, 08:56 PM) *
Mostly all of her early movies.

Ladies of the Chorus
Ticket To Tomahawk
Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hey!
Love Happy

Not sure if there are any other movies.

Excellent Gabby. Add Monkey Business to the list too.
MissCaswell
And also Niagara. You can spot it in the scene where she's putting on her stockings while her husband is asleep.
lorileime
I have another "Do you Know Where". Do you know where the two instances are that Marilyn's age is referred to as she becomes 50 years old? In other words, in two different instances, she is referred to in the future at 50 years old. What two instances?
LasseK
QUOTE(abeautifulchild @ Jul 1 2008, 04:07 AM) *
Any idea what the bracelet looked like??
Or a picture?

Hi Alex,

I made a thread about some time ago. There is quite a collection of pictures of MM (and others) wearing the ankle bracelet:

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...showtopic=11405

By the way I later saw her referring to it as "the slave bracelet"...
(Whatever she meant by that.)

Lasse
magda24
QUOTE(lorileime @ Jul 15 2008, 02:33 PM) *
I have another "Do you Know Where". Do you know where the two instances are that Marilyn's age is referred to as she becomes 50 years old? In other words, in two different instances, she is referred to in the future at 50 years old. What two instances?

I can think of one- Jack Benny show?
lorileime
QUOTE(magda24 @ Jul 15 2008, 09:31 AM) *
I can think of one- Jack Benny show?

That's right Madga. Well done. Who knows the other one?
lorileime
O.K. Since no one answered, here's the other one. When Marilyn did the radio show with Charlie McCarthy, they say somewhere in the show that congress is looking into passing a law that will prevent Marilyn from marrying anyone until she's 50. The law will be called the New Monroe Doctrine.
abeautifulchild
QUOTE(LasseK @ Jul 15 2008, 02:28 PM) *
Hi Alex,

I made a thread about some time ago. There is quite a collection of pictures of MM (and others) wearing the ankle bracelet:

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...showtopic=11405

By the way I later saw her referring to it as "the slave bracelet"...
(Whatever she meant by that.)

Lasse

Lasse, you do so much for us.
Thank you marilynbybrandon_190.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.