Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn - 1963 Documentary
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Documentaries
Tara
Here's a clip from the 1963 Fox documentary on Marilyn, narrated by Rock Hudson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8CZWj61zM
nicky62
QUOTE(Tara @ Apr 27 2008, 12:06 PM) *
Here's a clip from the 1963 Fox documentary on Marilyn, narrated by Rock Hudson:

I wish there was a way of downloading this entire documentary anyone wanna upload it to a website so we can all have it?
I am trying out to see if I can upload documentaries for all at ES to download nicky62 will post banana.gif
bruno
QUOTE(Tara @ Apr 27 2008, 08:06 PM) *

Wonderful !

I saw the movie maybe 20 years ago, and seing Marilyn's screen tests for SGTG, on a big movie screen, was an absolutely unforgettable experiment.
Thanks again for sharing !

Bruno
abeautifulchild
QUOTE(nicky62 @ Apr 27 2008, 09:45 PM) *
I wish there was a way of downloading this entire documentary anyone wanna upload it to a website so we can all have it?
I am trying out to see if I can upload documentaries for all at ES to download nicky62 will post banana.gif

Gosh, that would be wonderful Nicky! I really really hope you find a way! There are so many documentaries I haven't seen.

And Tara, thanks for the clip!

Bruno- you lucky you know what laugh.gif ! What a wonderful experience I know it must have been.
nicky62
If I find a way of doing it I will post all my documentaries for free for all to have mf_w00t1.gif banana.gif
californiadude
QUOTE(bruno @ Apr 28 2008, 07:21 AM) *
Wonderful !

I saw the movie maybe 20 years ago, and seing Marilyn's screen tests for SGTG, on a big movie screen, was an absolutely unforgettable experiment.
Thanks again for sharing !

Bruno

Seeing Marilyn on the big screen is amazing, isn't it? And you can download movies from YouTube though...
Robby
QUOTE(californiadude @ May 1 2008, 03:06 PM) *
And you can download movies from YouTube though...

I do that too, only the quality isn't amazing.
pinup
How do you download from youtube?
californiadude
Mine always turns out the exact same as on YouTube. You can download YouTube videos from here: http://vixy.net/
Robby
Mine too, but if I burn it on a DVD, for instance, the quality isn't great.
lillis3
Just a poster I just found! thumbup1.gif
VanessaLapierre
Oh! the clip was deleted from youtube :( :(
does anyone still have it ? I would like so much to see it ! I wasn't born yet in 1963 lol
Joan Newman
I just saw this and LOVED it. I love Rock and I am glad he narrated it. I love all his personal comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zj8vwQeck4
Scottish Sugar
I just watched this today, I definitely enjoyed it, but the content isn't anything new or even that exciting. Basically its lengthy clips from all her films made at FOX narrated by Rock Hudson. I watch Marilyn movies on a regular basis, so I think this documentary would be more suited to the more casual Marilyn fan, who isn't that familiar with her movies, the scenes they show are the scenes that the more die-hard fans could recite every single line to.
I hear that it was quite exciting in its day as it was the first time that outtakes from 'Somethings Got To Give' were shown, I realise that might have been something special to see back in 1963, but compared to the masses of footage we can easily see from that movie set now, the 2/3mins they show in the docu is nothing spectacular.

I'm still really happy I've finally seen it, been wanting to for years.
CYRILPARIS
Is there a DVD?
Serenity3
QUOTE(Mark7 @ Apr 24 2011, 07:35 PM) *

Hi Mark,
Could you please reupload part 4? Thanks for this great documentary. I couldnt find it anywhere else!

Mark7
QUOTE(Serenity3 @ Jul 16 2012, 01:55 AM) *
Hi Mark,Could you please reupload part 4? Thanks for this great documentary. I couldnt find it anywhere else!
Hi! Fox have been blocking some of my videos with there Marilyn movie clips in it! even the old poor quality footage like the 1963 Marilyn documentary! Fox are idiots as it only promotes marilyn! i think they may have blocked all the uploads of the 1963 doc? will have a look! if i can and it wont be blocked i will reupload it!:)
Hi Mark,Could you please reupload part 4? Thanks for this great documentary. I couldnt find it anywhere else!
yes looks like FOX have only blocked parts 3 and 4! if i uploaded them again they would only be blocked again worldwide on youtube! angry.gif
yes looks like FOX have only blocked parts 3 and 4! if i uploaded them again they would only be blocked again worldwide on youtube! angry.gif
suusmarie
thumbup1.gif
JC 96816
marilynbybrandon_190.gif from pulpinternational.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.