Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E True Hollywood Story
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Documentaries
RetroLove
Is there an E True Hollywood Story for Marilyn?

You know on the E channel.

If so I've never seen it.

Anyone else?
MMcamera
Yeah there was one called "The Many Loves of Marilyn Monroe".
RetroLove
Doris Day Vs. Marilyn Monroe....WTF?

They made two true hollywood storys about Elvis. The first one about his life & the second one about his death,funeral,legacy,ect.

Why cant they make one about Marilyn & her life? Not just the men in her life either. It would at least be two hours long. I wonder who they would use for the interviews? I just wonder if they would do a good job or not because I've seen the people at E do hack jobs on other peoples biographys.
MMcamera
QUOTE(TheDuke @ Sep 27 2007, 09:40 AM) *
I saw that but it didn't have the E True Hollwood story logo on it.

Just went and checked the copy I have. Definately says E True Hollywood story at every commerical break.

Bobby
QUOTE(MMcamera @ Sep 27 2007, 12:07 PM) *
Yeah there was one called "The Many Loves of Marilyn Monroe".

It is listed as a THS so I presume it's the same company and people behind the usual biographical documentaries but I think this particular one focuses on the men in Marilyn's life, rather than her story. As I posted in the UK TV schedule thread, Marilyn's actual THS was on E! last week and 'The Many Loves of...' is on tomorrow night.
californiadude
So there is a THS on Marilyn, other than 'The Many Loves of Marilyn Monroe'? unsure.gif
Bobby
QUOTE(californiadude @ Jan 2 2008, 06:53 AM) *
So there is a THS on Marilyn, other than 'The Many Loves of Marilyn Monroe'? unsure.gif

Yep, there sure is. I spent New Years' Eve watching it.
californiadude
Is it any good?
Bobby
QUOTE(californiadude @ Jan 3 2008, 12:52 AM) *
Is it any good?

Yeah I quite enjoyed it. There was the odd snippet of questionable narration though that was perhaps just me being over-protective of any unfavourable comments aimed at our Marilyn! For example, the vague phrase "a spiral of drink and drugs" might project an image, to the uninformed viewer, of ten vodkas a day and the regular snorting of class A substances. We of course, realise that that combination was her use of sleeping pill and the champagne to which she had become accustomed. That's a shame but generally, it was a decent documentary and at times, moving. Sheree North spoke very well as did James Haspiel. As ever, when the story moved on to Marilyn's death, I was practically in tears but that's mostly because I'm a big girl!

So did anyone else see this or have seen it before ?
californiadude
I really wanna see this! blush.gif
pinup
yes im sure ive seen one on E!
Blonde 007
QUOTE(californiadude @ Jan 3 2008, 06:03 AM) *
I really wanna see this! blush.gif

I saw it but it must not have been very memorable! I can't tell you much about it. (Well, that's not a terrible thing - if it had made me mad i probably would have remembered it LOL)

Allie
meztisa
Her death is listed on E!'s 100 most shocking celebrity moments. She's in the top 10, I believe.
californiadude
She's on a lot of "E! 100 Most..."
I know she was number 3 on VH1's "200 Pop Culture Icons" list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.