Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn At The Premiere Of "the Apartment" (1960)
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn Trivia
princesshapnick
I got this off Shirley MacLaine's website and I figured it was a little "titbit" on Marilyn!:

"I remember Marilyn Monroe was at the screening. She had no makeup on and was wrapped up in a mink coat. In her low whispery voice she said… "The picture is a wonderful examination of the corporate world." My mouth flew open! She got it!"

Here is where I got the info from:
www.shirleymaclaine.com/shirley/movies-theapartment.php

Does anybody happen to have any pictures from this event? rolleyes1.gif
Nancy
This is the only one I have. I believe it's from the Preview, not the premiere. balloon.gif

Robby
Here is another topic about it bye1.gif!

Preview of The Apartment, 1960.
~TheGirl~
Ive heard this movie is wonderful, I'm so glad that Marilyn enjoyed it and that she wowed Shirley smile1.gif
Tara
The Apartment is one of my favourite movies, I recommend it highly. Marilyn's comment is spot-on, she got to the heart of what it's about.
princesshapnick
I didn't realise there was another topic on it! Thanks, though.

It really is a wonderful movie. Seeing as Billy Wilder directs this film, it was just after Some Like It Hot and starred Marilyn's SLIH co-star Jack Lemmon, Marilyn is actually mentioned a few times in this film. As a bit of a tribute to her because despite all of her problems, SLIH went on to become one of the greatest comedies of all time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.