Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Software Update
Everlasting Star Community > News & Events > Announcements
mels
Dear Marilyn admirers,

I am glad to announce that our boards have successfully upgraded from 2.1.7 to 2.2.0.
Many new features are up and security has been improved. Hopefully we will get a bit less SPAM here ! blush.gif

As I am extremely busy I haven't had the time to make the appropriate skin (I have to rebuild it from scratch, unfortunately), but I'll definitely try to have it back up as soon as I can.

If you find difficulties doing anything, first make sure to delete your browser's cache and cookies. If the problem persists, please reply to this post and describe your issue. If you cannot post, please email me at melsy.c a-t gmail.com.

Enjoy discovering all the new goodness around (there are gold nuggets everywhere!)

Mels
Lacrymosa
Great ! Thank you for taking time to do that ! clapping.gif
Paju
Sounds great! Thanks Mels clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

I'm just sooo excited about all the new features! Wow! biggrin.gif
Nancy
I'm so excited!!!!!! jumpymm.gif Can't wait to check out all the new stuff! Thank you Mels, for all you do for us!!!! clapping.gif
Amber Nichols
Looking forward to the new board, I love the colour!!!
Nancy
QUOTE(Amber Nichols @ May 14 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]133856[/snapback]
Looking forward to the new board, I love the colour!!!

I think this is just the default skin. I think Mels is going to have the original skin back up. biggrin.gif
dwane
awesome, thanks mels!
Ileana
This is wonderful, thank you for the effort! throb.gif
suusmarie
This is good news Mels, thanks for all your hard work worshippy.gif ! I hope the old skin will return though, I'm so used to it blush.gif wink3.gif !

hug.gif Suus
meganmarilyn
Beautiful new look Mels! Like the new photo attachment feature too. Thanxs again! throb.gif
nmyngan
eyebrow.gif aiya..anyone here meet the same problem with me???
it always requires me to log in again and again each time i open new page, for example i click on a thumbnail to see bigger version of photo in a new tab, it requires me to log in again dontgetit.gif
What's happen with me, please help...
mels
nmyngan,

I think you simply have a cookie problem.
Please delete all your cookies and cache, then close your browser and open it again.

Things should then work fine smile1.gif
nathalie
Great job, thanks. clapping.gif
Tara
Thanks Mels!! clapping.gif
sweetnormajean
Thank you so much Mels! clapping.gif
nmyngan
QUOTE(mels @ May 15 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]133899[/snapback]
nmyngan,

I think you simply have a cookie problem.
Please delete all your cookies and cache, then close your browser and open it again.

Things should then work fine smile1.gif

thank you, it works well now laugh.gif
mels
Hey guys,

To answer most concerns and as I stated in my first post, yes the original grey skin will be back smile1.gif
I will have to work on it here and there though, so you might see weird things from time to time (hence the current and improbable blue and gray scheme, but I'll definitely get that skin 100% back smile1.gif

Mels
jennie2000
Thanks for this! thumbup1.gif I love the new thumbnails, they are so neat!
I understand going back to grey, but I think this blue colour is so uplifting and fresh! throb.gif
Robby
I was totally in shock yesterday to find out that the Boards were offline ... But it's worth the wait, I love it. The blue is very colorful!
~TheGirl~
Thanks Mels! smile1.gif
susieta
wow! I'm impressed, this new look it's so fresh!!! biggrin.gif
Congrats***
Katbr
To Mels:
Although a newbie, and one who sometimes has little time to come here, I just have to congratulete you *Mels* on all the fantastic work you do on this site. It is marvelous, and with the contributions of the members, I think it is THE BEST Marilyn Monroe site on the web!
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Karla
mels
To everyone,

Things are mostly done now... There are still tweaks due here and there but 90% of the regular skin is back.
I will work on the remainings ASAP. In the meantime, please make sure to empty your browser's cache ! smile1.gif
~TheGirl~
Thanks again Mels!
suusmarie
QUOTE(mels @ May 18 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]134264[/snapback]
To everyone,

Things are mostly done now... There are still tweaks due here and there but 90% of the regular skin is back.
I will work on the remainings ASAP. In the meantime, please make sure to empty your browser's cache ! smile1.gif

Dear Mels, I hope I don't sound like a spoiled child after all the hard work you have done but is there any way I can change the settings of 'posts in this topic' hmm.gif ? I find it most confusing actually and would love to see everyone's posts one underneath the other as usally to be honoust blushing.gif .
In no way is this any critism towards you, I always appreciate your dedication to ES marilynbybrandon_190.gif !

hug.gif Suus
jennie2000
QUOTE(suusmarie @ May 19 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]134292[/snapback]
Dear Mels, I hope I don't sound like a spoiled child after all the hard work you have done but is there any way I can change the settings of 'posts in this topic' hmm.gif ? I find it most confusing actually and would love to see everyone's posts one underneath the other as usally to be honoust blushing.gif .
In no way is this any critism towards you, I always appreciate your dedication to ES marilynbybrandon_190.gif !

hug.gif Suus

Suus, there's a little blue box to the right on top of all posts that says Options. Click that and then Switch to Standard. Is that what you mean? For some reason that setting changes on it's own every now and then, on my computer anyway...
suusmarie
QUOTE(jennie2000 @ May 19 2007, 03:26 AM) [snapback]134295[/snapback]
Suus, there's a little blue box to the right on top of all posts that says Options. Click that and then Switch to Standard. Is that what you mean? For some reason that setting changes on it's own every now and then, on my computer anyway...

I didn't even see that 'options' button doh.gif laugh.gif ! Thanks so much Molly for putting me on the right track again thumbup.gif !

hug.gif Suus
Nancy
Just wanted to say that the lack of spam since the update is awesome!!! mf_w00t1.gif
LostHurlyFan
marilynbybrandon_190.gif Appreciate all the hard work you put into this site. I have always liked this site. clapping.gif
Tara
QUOTE(jemaniac @ May 24 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]134723[/snapback]
Just wanted to say that the lack of spam since the update is awesome!!! w00t.gif

Yes, I agree! And I'm loving all the new features. Thank-you Mels! worshippy.gif
Fav
Hey this place is looking great! Yet to explore it all properly but will do so soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.