Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning Scale Under Your Name When Posting
Everlasting Star Community > Off topic discussion > Test your posting skills
Fav
Please can you tell me why I have a big warning scale saying '0%' viewable to me under my name when I have made a post? I take it I am the only one who can see mine and I think we may have had something previously but it was less obvious. I also remember this issue arising about 2 years ago and I found it quite offensive as it is like being on a warning from your parents or a school teacher laugh.gif

Please can anyone let me know how I can either hide it or delete it from my posts? I really don't like it.

Thanks very much balloon.gif
Tara
I get the same thing but maybe only I can see it. I can't see it on your avatar Fav.
Fav
Yes I think that is the case Tara. I really don't like it. Hopefully one of the moderators will be able to shed some light on it.
Nancy
You see this feature on a lot of forums actually. You can only see your own warning bar and nobody else's. biggrin.gif
missmarilyn
I saw is once maybe twice on Jemaniac's forum. I lost the link to it. And I have never noticed it before. At first I thought that everyone could see it and see how bad we could be.
Nancy
Oh no, Gabrielle, that's not what it's for... LOL I think it just makes it easier for moderators to keep track of what's going on. I'd assume that with a forum that has 700 plus members, a few "nogoodniks" sometimes find there way into the fray, and it's to keep track of members like that. Heaven knows, WE are all angels!! hypocrite.gif laugh.gif
missmarilyn
QUOTE(jemaniac @ Dec 5 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]121346[/snapback]
Oh no, Gabrielle, that's not what it's for... LOL I think it just makes it easier for moderators to keep track of what's going on. I'd assume that with a forum that has 700 plus members, a few "nogoodniks" sometimes find there way into the fray, and it's to keep track of members like that. Heaven knows, WE are all angels!! hypocrite.gif laugh.gif
We are?

I mean, WE ARE Angels!! hypocrite.gif
Nancy
QUOTE(missmarilyn @ Dec 5 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]121348[/snapback]
We are?
I am, WE ARE Angels!! hypocrite.gif

But of course laugh.gif
Paju
Everybody can only see their own warn scale - except moderators can see everyone's. Like Nancy said, it's just a way of keeping track of members who have caused trouble. Fav, don't worry about the warn scale. 0% is good biggrin.gif And I don't think we have any members who have other than 0% warn scale at the moment. I don't think we even use it that much right now.
ellen
where is the warn scale eyebrow.gif i can't see anything bye1.gif
Paju
Okay now I see what's going on!
You know, usually the warn scale appears only on NEW members. I started seeing warn scales on others too and figured that now everybody's got a warn scale. That's not the case. Only the "new" elite members have got their warn scales. I think it has something to do with the board treating them as "new" members and thus the warn scales are there again.
So no need to worry if you can see your warn scale - I'm pretty sure it will disappear with time smile1.gif
Fav
QUOTE(Paju @ Dec 6 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]121386[/snapback]
Okay now I see what's going on!
You know, usually the warn scale appears only on NEW members. I started seeing warn scales on others too and figured that now everybody's got a warn scale. That's not the case. Only the "new" elite members have got their warn scales. I think it has something to do with the board treating them as "new" members and thus the warn scales are there again.
So no need to worry if you can see your warn scale - I'm pretty sure it will disappear with time smile1.gif

Any idea for how long becuase I find it very unwelcoming.
Nancy
I think we should just be happy about the fact that the forum is now virus-free biggrin.gif
Fav
QUOTE(jemaniac @ Dec 7 2006, 05:28 AM) [snapback]121428[/snapback]
I think we should just be happy about the fact that the forum is now virus-free biggrin.gif

Yes we are happy, but it does not mean that we cannot have questions.
Nancy
QUOTE(Fav @ Dec 7 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]121475[/snapback]
Yes we are happy, but it does not mean that we cannot have questions.

No, I didn't say that. It's just that it seems to really upset you a lot, and I think it's not a big deal considering everything Mels has done and all the hard work she has put into getting ES back to normal. Like I said before, warning bars are very normal and common on forums and they're not meant to be anything offensive. smile1.gif
Paju
I think it has something to do with post count. I mean after you've posted a certain number of posts, it will disappear. Fav, you post so often that I don't think you'll have the warn bar for long smile1.gif
Tara
Paju, do you mean the number of posts made since the site was changed? I'm still getting that warning, and I post like crazy! Just wondering...laugh.gif
Paju
Yep, I mean the number of posts since the site was changed and you became an elite member smile1.gif
At least I think it works like that, because like I said, all new members have that warn scale for a while, and then it disappears. I figured it would have something to do with the post count.
Tara
Thanks Paju bye1.gif
mels
Guys, when I created the Elite Member group I probably left some settings and forgot to put them the right way.
Warning bars are just for members who have posted less than 50 posts because it's the only way for us to keep track.

As Elite Members, all of you are already Active Members (50 posts +) so you shouldn't have that warning scale. I'm gonna try and see if I can remove it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. I hadn't realized they had came back plus I really have problems with free time ... so not much time to search. I'll get to that ASAP and will let you know when it's removed.

EDIT : it should be fine now, can you confirm that you don't have the warning bar anymore ?
Tara
Thanks Mels, it's gone now.
Fav
Thanks very much Mels. Mine has gone now too clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.