Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn In The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg (briefly)
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn Trivia
Miss Troy
I rented this DVD the last day - The Umbrellas of Cherbourg with Catherine Deneuve - I can highly recommend it - the whole movie is in song (I thought I might find that annoying but it was wonderful) - beautiful music, gorgeous sets and costumes in fabulous colours and a really touching love story to boot.

Anyway - in the opening scene Guy (who is a mechanic) is leaving work for the day, he opens his locker and inside is a picture of Marilyn taken by Bert Stern - the only thing is that this scene was supposed to have happened in 1957/1958 so the timing was WAY off. Still it was nice to see Marilyn in there!

Here is the IMDB link for the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058450/

Seriously - go see this movie! marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Tara
That's a great bit of trivia - well-spotted, thanks for letting us know!
Paju
I've seen that movie but I didn't notice Marilyn. And I usually spot her right away! Thanks for letting us know smile1.gif
Katri^
Hmm... I have that movie too, and I love it! I check that one when I have time.

I just watched that part of Umbrellas of Cherbourg, and yes, there is a picture of Marilyn in Guys locker. BUT the film was made in 1964, so that is not strange at all that Guy has a picture of worlds the most beautiful woman in his locker biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.