Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Last Acquisition
Everlasting Star Community > Discussions > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
linkeando
I would like knowing what it has been the latest thing that you have shopped on Marilyn, if you want to share it with us this is your forum.

That was my last acquisition, I bought this purse for a week at a shoe store. They were selling more merchan on Marilyn and it was very difficult to elect wink3.gif

Although I´m selling my material, I cannot avoid buying some purse or clothing wink3.gif
Celia
Lovely Jeannette thumbup1.gif
the last thing I bought was Barbara Leaming´s book.
By the way, do you still have some material left to sell???
Paju
That's a beautiful purse!
I think my last item was My Sister Marilyn, the book. I really like it smile1.gif
filthy22
mine was a marilyn seven year itch 'christmas tree decoration'. but ive just hung it in my room laugh.gif

hopefully she will end up on the tree at xmas biggrin.gif

Love Carrie
xxxxxxx marilynbybrandon_190.gif marilynbybrandon_190.gif
linkeando
QUOTE(Celia @ May 28 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]105687[/snapback]
Lovely Jeannette thumbup1.gif
the last thing I bought was Barbara Leaming´s book.
By the way, do you still have some material left to sell???

of course, you can visit my page
purple-haze
ive never seen that purse, if i had seen it i would have definatly bought it smile1.gif the last thing of marilyn i bought would have been my marilyn hadnbook smile1.gif great size and read
capricornangel
QUOTE(purple-haze @ May 28 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]105727[/snapback]
ive never seen that purse, if i had seen it i would have definatly bought it smile1.gif the last thing of marilyn i bought would have been my marilyn hadnbook smile1.gif great size and read

haha same here biggrin.gif I havent read it all yet though blush.gif
and yes that purse is really really nice jumpymm.gif
Marloes
I bought the Bus Stop booklet from 1956! Yay!
Tara
Marilyn's Addresses by Michelle Finn thumbup1.gif
Dirrty_Blonde
the last thing i bought was Barbara Leaming's book as well. Barnes and Noble finally had a copy in lol.
SusenSkellington
I love that purse! smile1.gif

Last thing I bought was some old calendars on eBay, I got really lucky too, there all in great condition and they sent me 2 extra ones that they didn't sell at no extra cost, plus the shipping came out cheaper than I thought it would! I wish more sellers on eBay were that nice! marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Dirrty_Blonde
wow congrats on the calendars. you got lucky and got a nice ebay seller.
linkeando
same store
Tara
Wow Jeannette, you are lucky to find such a nice bag.
meztisa
I love Marilyn purses, I have atleast fifteen of them! jumpymm.gif Hmmm...the last Marilyn thing I bought was this t-shirt:
linkeando
wow felicia, i like very much!!!!
SusenSkellington
I just bought the same shirt a few days ago! I also bought a black one! biggrin.gif
filthy22
i LOVE throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif that shirt!!

where you get it? ohmy.gif

Love Carrie
xxxxxx marilynbybrandon_190.gif marilynbybrandon_190.gif
meztisa
Thank you! marilynbybrandon_190.gif I bought it at the Hechts Dept. store. I also own these shirts, but I bought them online at Amazon.com coolio.gif
Robby
A super cheap MM DVD set biggrin.gif!
meztisa
This Marilyn Monroe watch! (I'm holding the box in the picture biggrin.gif)
Scottish Sugar
Ummmm, it was a GORGEOUS huge Marilyn Poster in a frame, it's a beautiful black and white picture of her lying in bed.

It was reduced from £50 to £15! I was so happy, because I'd always wanted it but felt it was a little too expensive.
Bargain! lol

xx
vfpbook
Our last acquisition in the Maite Minguez Collection is Marilyn Monroe's personal address and telephone book, circa 1960-1962. I hope in a few weeks explain something about what we discover in the book.

Christie's explains that the book containing approximately 160 entries of friends, colleagues, film studios, restaurants, couturiers, stores and beauticians, some of the entries inscribed in the hand of an assistant [possibly May Reis] including the Chateau Marmont, George Cukor, Columbia Studios, Desilu, Joe Hyams, Jax, Jennifer Jones, Jay And Judy Kantor, Gene Kelly, MCA, Patricia Newcomb, Clifford Odets, Saks, Eva Marie Saint, 20th Century Fox, Shelley Winters, Bob Willoubey [sic], with amendments, deletions and additional entries inscribed in Marilyn Monroe's hand including: Susan Strasberg, Rupert Allan [Monroe's Publicist], Elizabeth Arden, Jennifer & Sam Goldwyn Jr., Phil Gersh [Hollywood Agent], Sydney Guilaroff [Monroe's hairdresser], Judy Holliday, Oscar Levant, I. Magnin, Dean Martin, May Reis [Monroe's secretary and personal assistant], Ralph Roberts and Lee Siegel [20th Century Fox staff Doctor], the book also containing other interesting notes in Monroe's hand, including:
- a page at the back inscribed MMM, containing a separate list of contact telephone numbers including those for Monroe's Doctors and Psychiatrists: Greenson [Ralph - Monroe's Psychiatrist], Hyman Engelberg [Monroe's Personal Physician], Bernard Bergler, Marianne Kris [Monroe's Psychoanalyst], Inez Nelson, Norman Norell,
- a page under G inscribed with an aide-memoire ...Kitchen, Hotpoint, RCA whirlpool, electric can opener...Eliz. Arden hand lotion...
- and a page inscribed Misfits, Doc Erickson..., Dorothy Bliss...M -- 12305 Fifth Helena Drive, L.A. [Marilyn's last Los Angeles home]
suusmarie
I added this check, signed by Milton, to my collection today jumpymm.gif . I am one happy collector cloud9.gif !
Lauren Michele
clapping.gif Congratulations Suus! I bet you're happy!!!

bye1.gif Here is my latest purchase from Ebay. One sheet of Marilyn Monroe Stamps.
Robby
A big print of MM, a promoshot for 'The Asphalt Jungle'. It's gorgeous, will post a picture later.
Katri^
I bought a big Marilyn card.. It's gorgeous. That's a drawing from HTMAM, but the "red dress" is green on it, don't know why... biggrin.gif
SusenSkellington
Last thing I bought were two coin purses from a dollar store. Found some pictures on eBay smile1.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
filthy22
Cute! laugh.gif

Love Carrie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mels
Wow... I haven't bought anything Marilyn related for such a long while now. I guess that lately I haven't really felt the need for it. That said back in July I was looking for books to read when in vacation and found a comic book called "Shooting Stars" about Marilyn Monroe. I bought it so I could take a closer look at it.

Basically it's a summary of Marilyn's life through important events of her life. I've scanned the cover for you + the page where she goes in the desert with DeDienes for a photoshoot + a page about SGTG.

Hope you like it !

Mels

PS/ Feel free to repost anywhere you'd like please just let me know you're doing so smile1.gif
SusenSkellington
I love the illustrations! Thanks for those scans! I wish I could read it clapping.gif
Paju
Mels, that comic book seems really interesting. Could you scan some other pages from it? If you have the time of course smile1.gif
I bought The Unabridged Marilyn yesterday clapping.gif More about that in the Book Club biggrin.gif
Cassandra Rose
Oh my gosh Lauren! What's weird is about 5 days ago my mother was showing some stuff she has saved for me from what I got when I was little. And over 10 years ago (I think thats when they came out) she had got that same Marilyn stamp sheet for me. She still is saving it for me in storage since I don't want them ruined or lost. It's just neat how I'd run into this topic and to see you have them smile1.gif

And wow SusenSkellington, I can't believe you found that coin purse at a dollar store! I will have to take a picture of my Marilyn mirror my daddy got at Big Lots(used to be Pick and Save). It's shaped like her head and such. It's darling.
Paju
I don't usually buy MM stuff this often, but...
Yesterday I bought a postcard and a magnet.
Today I bought a beautiful MM bag. I tried to find a picture of it on the internet but couldn't. Anyways, it's black&white and kinda big and very pretty biggrin.gif
linkeando
wow Mélanie, i like very much!!!!! i would like to get it!!!! thanx!

wow victor and suus, those are GREAT acquisitions, mine are poor then wink3.gif
missmarilyn
I got two shirts, they are the same but one is this color:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B000GT9CP4
And a dark brown. They have a picture of when she was in Korea near the middle.
californiadude
QUOTE(mels @ Sep 23 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]115744[/snapback]
Wow... I haven't bought anything Marilyn related for such a long while now. I guess that lately I haven't really felt the need for it. That said back in July I was looking for books to read when in vacation and found a comic book called "Shooting Stars" about Marilyn Monroe. I bought it so I could take a closer look at it.

Basically it's a summary of Marilyn's life through important events of her life. I've scanned the cover for you + the page where she goes in the desert with DeDienes for a photoshoot + a page about SGTG.

Hope you like it !

Mels

PS/ Feel free to repost anywhere you'd like please just let me know you're doing so smile1.gif

Wow! Those drawings are very interesting and I'd love to see more if you have time.
suusmarie
Today I recieved these two checks jumpymm.gif ! One unused and one made out to Paula Strasberg with her and Lee Strasberg's autographs on the back biggrin.gif ! Needless to say I am very happy mf_w00t1.gif !
RobM
My most recent purchase was some Marilyn shoe laces this week which my wife hunted down on e-bay. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of them but they're great. Now have them in my black and white converse boots and feeling like the coolest dude in town. coolio.gif
annette
I bought the Marilyn handbook a couple of weeks ago. Very cute book!
filthy22
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Nov 28 2006, 01:41 AM) [snapback]120887[/snapback]
Today I recieved these two checks jumpymm.gif ! One unused and one made out to Paula Strasberg with her and Lee Strasberg's autographs on the back biggrin.gif ! Needless to say I am very happy w00t.gif !

Congrats! clapping.gif biggrin.gif
linkeando
thanx papa noel! clapping.gif
missmarilyn
Yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble and got All The Avaliable Light, My Story, The Misfits, Marilyn Monroe: A Life in Pictures and a James Dean movie. thumbup1.gif
filthy22
QUOTE(linkeando @ Jan 7 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]124007[/snapback]
thanx papa noel! clapping.gif

OMG! ohmy.gif Is that a Marilyn Monroe beauty box?! Where did ya get that from please? laugh.gif bye1.gif
linkeando
yes carrie, it´s make-up
but it´s a gift, i don´t know where
Kiddo
I just ordered the "Cursum Perficio: Marilyn Monroe's Brentwood Hacienda" book by Gary Vitacco-Robles... I'm just so excited and can't wait to get it... YAY! jumpymm.gif
Sophie
Last thing I bought was 3 posters off ebay, but I havn't gotten them yet because of some problems..but I hope it gets worked out soon.
Ileana
I've just bought 'My Sister Marilyn', a Guiles book, Susan Strasberg's 'Marilyn&Me' and 'The Prince, the Showgirl and Me', can't wait to get them banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif
hollywoodcinderella
WOW that make up kit is so cool!!!!!! Does it say what kind of make up it is? [a brand?]
Robby
QUOTE(Ileana @ Jan 9 2007, 10:33 AM) [snapback]124230[/snapback]
I've just bought 'My Sister Marilyn', a Guiles book, Susan Strasberg's 'Marilyn&Me' and 'The Prince, the Showgirl and Me', can't wait to get them banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

What a little conversation can do laughing.gif!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.